Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 21)

anjina Senior Member
anjina
anjina

Posted: 28 May 2006 at 10:38am | IP Logged

Now, there is another woman in Saloni's life

Actress Kirti Gaekwad will play Nahar's deceased wife in Saat Phere

At a time when a twist in the tale is the call of the day can Saat Phere lag behind? For quite some time now, the plot has been hinging on one such twist… a secret that is expected to unravel all that was shrouded in mystery from the protagonist Saloni. Nahar

Needless to say, everyone related to the serial is tight-lipped about the secret and is only willing to divulge the fact that it will have something to do with the new entrant on the show… actress Kirti Gaekwad, presently seen in India Calling and Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka.

So, what role will Kirti play? "Kirti will play Nahar's (Sharad Kelkar) deceased wife, Chandni. The story will go into a flashback and will narrate how the two meet during their college days, fall in love, get married against their parents' wishes and how the wife dies because she isn't happy in Nahar's home," reveals a channel source. This twist points to Saloni not being Nahar's first wife.

"Kirti was our first choice but we had not been able to confirm her due to unavailability of dates," says Ashwini Yardi, programming head, Zee TV.

Kelkar for his part is enjoying every minute of it as this only means getting to work with his wife (Kirti Gaekwad). "I am very happy about working with Kirti. I simply couldn't get enough of her on the sets of Sinndoor," he quips.

Sano88 IF-Achieverz
Sano88
Sano88

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 2:46am | IP Logged

For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=294002 Do not post any comments here. They will be deleted. Thanks Smile

Mauritus calling Gurdeep
   By: Tusshar Joshi
   May 30, 2006

Main to chali:
Gurdeep Kohli

The one place Gurdeep Kohli doesn't mind settling down for life, is Mauritus. Recently, the actress went to the exotic islands, where she was mobbed by Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka fans, who chanted 'Vedika, we love you!' wherever she went.

Sinndoor a hit

"I didn't know Sinndoor was such a huge hit there. I was stunned by the reaction I got from people," says the actress.

Recalling an incident that happened at a local singing competition, Gurdeep says, "I went for this show that was very similar to the Fame Gurukul contest we had here. To my surprise, when I went on stage, the kids started singing the title track of Sinndoor."

During her interaction with fans, Gurdeep was asked a lot of questions about her saris. "They loved the saris I wear on the show. In fact, a lot of them praised my track as Lali, as it was different from Vedika's."

During her stay, Gurdeep even received an invitation to come back in July for the grand finale of the musical competition, and anchor it.

"I am seriously considering the offer. I will represent not only Sinndoor, but also our country. The warmth and hospitality the people of Mauritus have extended to me is genuine, and made me think about taking up the offer of anchoring the show."

Power lunch

Gurdeep also met Mauritian government officials. "Since it's a small nation, they are very easygoing people. In fact, I had lunch with some bureaucrats and officials who told me about their plans to promote tourism in the country. In fact, they asked me not to worry about my visa, as they would take care of the official documents."

Her most cherished memory is waking up from her hotel room and talking a walk on the beach. "It's a beautiful country, very colourful, with long, clean beaches." On the work front, she's happy with Sinndoor, but also wants to take up new assignments.

"I see myself anchoring shows; it's something I have always enjoyed. I had a good time being a part of Jet Set Go, and want to explore similar opportunities."

Edited by srk_rulz - 31 May 2006 at 8:34am
*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 9:46pm | IP Logged

For Television Actors, Its Romance all the ways
It's like they meet, they work together, fall in love and live happily ever after. The list of TV couples seems to be just endless: Ram Kapoor–Gautami Gadgil, Varun Badola–Rajeshwari Sachdev, Poonam Narula–Manish Goyal, Mihir Mishra–Manini De, Hiten Tejwani-Gauri Pradhan (Pregrant!), Archana Puran Singh-Parmeet Sethi, Tanaaz Currim–Bhaktiyar Iraani, Amit Sadh-Neeru Bajwa, Manoj Bidvai-Ravee Gupta, Cezzane Khan-Shubha Verma and many more.

Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan were at loggerheads in the Balaaji serial Kutumbh but in contrast to what they were doing on screen, the duo hit it off very well in real life and got married sometime later. Now after a couple of years of marital bliss, the two are regarded as one of the hottest TV couples.

Rajiv Paul and Delnaaz have been together for 10 years now. "We met on the sets of Parivartan, which was in 1993," reveals Rajiv. But time seems to have only made the bond stronger. Similarly, Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand also met on the sets of Saara Aaakash where love and later marriage happened.

Manav Gohil had played the role of Shweta Kawatra's sister-in-law Rinku Dhawan's hubby in Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki. The duo did not even realise when cupid struck. "Manav and I met on the sets of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. We were friends for a long time until we realised we were in love," reveals Shweta.

So what is it? Is it the case of realising the love for each other while enacting scenes or something else? "Yes. These things happen gradually. One doesn't plan to fall in love. While acting, even though actors are just playing a character, a strong mental attraction takes place and couples get drawn to each other," says the renowned psychiatrist Dr Sachchidanand.

But interestingly as we have noticed, its not necessary that only when two people share the screen as 'lovers' that they realise their compatibility. Like in the case of Kiran Karmarkar and Rinku Dhawan – they played brother and sister Om Agarwal and Chhaya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar kii when they realised that they were actually meant to spend their lives with each other.

Similar was the case with Yash Tonk who played brother-in-law to now wife Gauri Yadav in Kahin Kisi Roz. "I met Gauri on the sets of Kahin Kissi Roz. After a month of knowing each other, I realised that something special was brewing between us. So I proposed to her, and she said yes" And Gauri confesses, "Yash surprised me by proposing to me one fine day.''

According to Dr Sachidanand, time spent together on the sets plays a vital role in such cases. "It's very normal for TV actors to fall in love with each other. Because most of their time is spent on the sets and there is not much of a personal or a family life. So you tend to get drawn to someone from your second family, that's someone from the sets," says Kirti Gaekwad of Kammal and Sindoor – Tere Naam Ka fame who got married to actor Sharad Kelkar recently.

However Kirti and Sharad surprisingly did not fall in love when they first worked together. "We did a show called Aakrosh for DD and there was absolutely nothing between us. Then we met for CID Special Bureau which I eventually did not do. Then suddenly he asked me out on a date and proposed to me after a few days. Though he did tell me later he liked me when he first set his eyes on me. So guess something was brewing then too. Sinndoor was the first show we did together after getting involved," says Kirti about her relationship.

How they met and fell in love is another story but having a partner belonging to the same profession helps. "Having a spouse from the same field is great because there is better understanding between the couple. So even though it is the glamour world there is a lot of trust and faith," says Manav Gohil. "Being together with Archana (Puran Singh) has helped me a lot. We have that understanding between us. We have seen the pitfalls of success and failure together. An actor's life is very insecure. And only an actor can understand what the other is going through. We can discuss our work together and let out our frustrations which could range from troubling co-actors to professional inconvenience and everything else," says Parmeet Sethi.

"Even if I got a second chance I would like to get married to Archana only," he adds. Most of these couples met while working together. However some couples did not need to work together to fall in love. Like Rohit Roy-Manasi Joshi Roy, Apurva Agnihotri-Shilpa Saklani and the amazing romance of Manini De and Mihir Mishra.

They met, had a whirlwind romance and got married within days of knowing each other last year. That's called the quick (quickest rather) realisation of love. One year down the line Mihir is playing loving hubby and caring father to Manini's daughter Dianoor from her earlier marriage. Talking of director- actress bonds, actor-director Sachin Pilgaonkar and wife Supriya have been together for almost 20 years now. From the successful sitcom Tu Tu Main Main to being the Nach Baliye couple, the pair seemed to have done it all.

Actress Smita Bansal, who got married to director Ankush Mohla four years back, says, "For me it would have been difficult to settle down with someone from another profession. There are lot of factors involved like long hours, late nights and stress which only someone from this profession can understand."
Tumhari Disha star Chhavi Mittal who is married to director Mohit Hussein also shares the same view. "I do not know about other professions but in this profession it's better to have someone connected to this world.

There are erratic schedules, things getting delayed, round the clock work, something very different from other professions that's why its better to marry someone from the same field." And there are the very popular TV anchors Mandira Bedi and Mini Mathur who have been happily married to their respective director husbands (Raj Kaushal and Kabir Khan, partly involved with TV) for more than seven years now.

The immense success of the dance show Nach Baliye which had TV couples entertaining the entire country, shows that the viewers also like to watch such shows. And interestingly, these lovers have a better success ratio than their big screen counterparts: be it Rani-Govinda, Salman–Aishwarya, Vikram Bhatt-Sushmita, Vivek-Aishwarya, Karisma-Abhishek or Saif Ali Khan-Amrita Singh.

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 01 June 2006 at 1:00am
*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 02 June 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Short takes: By Priyanka Kelkar

While Bollywood has patented the "just good friends" phrase, TV actors have shown that they're quite okay with strutting around with their loves wrapped around their arms.Which is why couples like Gauri and Hiten Tejwani, Sai and Shakti Anand, Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh, Shweta and Manav Gohil, Poonam and Manish Goel, Gurdip Kohli and Arjun Punj, Shilpa and Apoorva Agnihotri, Tanaaz Lal and Bakhtiyar Irani, some of whom are now married, never opted to hide their relationships.

Gurdip Kohli, who started seeing her Sanjeevani co-star Arjun Punj during the shooting of the serial says, "Being a television actor or filmstar does not make you any different in the eyes of the public. Falling in love is natural and I don't think there's any reason for me to hide my relationship with Arjun. Even if I had a 9-to-5 job, I would not have hidden my relationship."

The couple is set to marry in December. Speaking about his relationship with Gurdip, Arjun says, "We met on the sets of Sanjeevani and were quite attracted to each other. We are in a serious relationship at the moment. We are just waiting for the right time. When we are financially stable and our careers are set, then we'll get married."

Television's golden couple Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani too appeared at social gatherings together, without pretending to be simply work mates. Now married, Hiten says that only those who are not secure about their relationships choose to not speak about them. "Being open about one's relationship depends on the individual and that goes for filmstars too. Even Bipasha and John Abraham are quite open with their relationship despite belonging to a fraternity that usually shies away from opening up."

Tanaaz Lal and Bakhtiyar Irani are the small screens latest lovebirds. While their huge age gap has been a topic of discussion in the media, the couple rarely found the need to conceal their love for each other.
Bakhtiyar says, "Even if you want to hide your relationship, how long can you do that? The television industry is such that few stars are seen and invited for all parties. And you will definitely go with your partner for such parties. My take on it is that you can't just hide a relationship, especially in a closeknit industry."

Manish Goel, who played the hen-pecked street smart husband to real-life wife Poonam in Kasautii Zindagi Kay says that it has now become a fashion statement for people to be open about their personal relationships. "It's now 'in' to be open about who you are going around with," says Manish.

.Roshni. Goldie
.Roshni.
.Roshni.

Posted: 04 June 2006 at 4:11pm | IP Logged

Sharad Kelkar

I say: It will be illogical to cancel our schedules and cause grief to our producers.

My solution: The production houses can ensure a waterproof set, and adjust our call time if the weather gets bad. At the end of the day, we have to finish 25 episodes a month, no matter what. So it's better that we mentally prepare ourselves

Halz25 IF-Dazzler
Halz25
Halz25

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:14am | IP Logged

For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=298812&T PN=1

There was white cake, pink champagne and pulsating music at the couple's first wedding anniv

Don't talk, just kiss: Keerti and Sharad Kelkar show how it's done
Yesterday once more: Keerti and Sharad Kelkar live it up
But i'm just getting started: Sandeep Baswan holds his drink as Ashlesha looks on
We are family: Pawan Shankar and son Devasya take a look around; while wife, Yukti seems uninterested
Aankhon hi aankhon mein: Monaz Mevawalla and Pracheen Chauhan look smitten
Teen deviyaan: Narayani, Smita Bansal and Keerti smile for the camera
Style siblings: Did Poonam Joshi and Chaitanya Chaudhry shop together?
Maa aur mehmaan: Sharad Kelkar introduces his mother to Gurdip Kohli and Arjun Punjj. Pics: Sujeet Jaiswal

Edited by srk_rulz - 07 June 2006 at 5:53am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Pracheen and Monaz love struck!

Another love story is blossoming in telly land! Their on screen love lives have seen a lot of heartburns, but for this couple, their off screen chemistry has sizzled in more ways than one! Sinndoor's Pracheen Chauhan (Antariksh) is madly and deeply in love with Monaz of Risshton Ki Dorr.

Monaaz and Pracheen : truely, deeply, madly

Pracheen has no intentions of hiding his steady relationship with the actress. He confirms, " It's been around 17 months that I am dating Monaz."

On being asked about their first meeting, he says, " Well, I have known her for five to six years now. I used to stay in the same complex as she did. We were very good friends and after which I lost touch with her for a while. When we met again, we realised that there is something more than friendship between us."

Talking about marriage, the actor instantly says, "We haven't thought about it yet!"

While Pracheen is all ga ga about it, Monaz chose to remain tight-lipped about her relationship........

Superstitious eh, Monaz????

By RIYA V ANANDWALA
Posted on 5 June 2006 7:20 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 05 June 2006 at 4:51pm
kavi2123 Newbie
kavi2123
kavi2123

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Sealed with a kiss: Kirti and Sharad Kelkar

The power of one
Monday, June 05, 2006 | People

Television actors Kirti Gaekwad and Sharad Kelkar celebrated their first wedding anniversary on Saturday

Sapana Patil Poojary

The Saat Phere couple  Sharad Kelkar and Kirti Gaekwad renewed their vows when they celebrated their first wedding anniversary on Saturday evening at Club Link at Goregaon. The real-life couple glowed with all the attention being showered on them.

Kirti dressed in a black and gold sari and Sharad in white churidar, while playing perfect hosts made sure to steal a few private moments together. The party was well represented by family and friends from the television industry.

The Sinndoor team (the show that the couple is part of) including Sachin Shroff, Gurdip Kohli (of course with beau Arjun Punjj), Sumukhi Pendse, Pracheen Chauhan and producers Jay and Kinnari Mehtaa were present. Amongst the Saat Phere, most were present except for Rajshri Thakur who had apparently taken ill. Others from the small screen brigade were Gaurav Chopra, Narayani Shastri, Poonam Joshi, Chaitanya Choudhary, Deepak Parashar, Madhvi Gogte, Pawan Shankar, Nikkhil Arya and Zareena Wahab.

Smita Bansal with husband Ankush Mohla

Narayani Shastri with Gaurav Chopra

Poonam Joshi with Chaitanya Chaudhary

Go to top