Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 2)

Miss_QueTee IF-Dazzler
Miss_QueTee
Miss_QueTee

Posted: 24 April 2005 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Gurdeep Kohli

My birthday- 30th January

Marriage is- something I have never thought about

I dislike - computers. I find them boring

My craziest fan- lives in Nagaland

Before 'Sanjivani' happened- I had modelled for Pond's, ICICI, Baazee.com, Cadbury's, Ariel and Nestle

My strength- I can switch on and off very comfortably

Favourite hang-out place
- Mocha Juhu

Favourite beverage - Coconut water

Favourite Perfume- "Pleasure"

Favourite singer- Shaan

Favourite Co-star
- Arjun Punj

Clothes I prefer- Denim jeans and a top

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k4/gurpreet-s t.htm

Accessories I can't be seen without - watch and my solitaire

My best friend - my mother Manjit

The book I recommend - "Wild Orchid" by 'Juge Pevra'

My most memorable day - my first day of shooting for 'Sanjivani'

I could die for - my mother

from: http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k4/gurpreet-s t.htm

sweet n sour Senior Member
sweet n sour
sweet n sour

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:50am | IP Logged
TELE EXPRESS

PRO-FILE

Usha Bachchani who acts serials such as Kkusum, Sindoor, Kaanch

Nitin Joshi

New Delhi, April 17: Most of the time you love to hate her. That's because she plays her part so convincingly you can't help it. It's 12 long years since she first appeared on television and she's been steady as a rock. We've seen people come and go but this good-looking vamp has been there right from the days of Challenge (Sony) by the late Sanjiv Bhattacharya. Usha Bachchani is waht we would call a TV veteran.

Nowadays, she acts in not one, two or three shows but five shows. Four weeklies and one bi-weekly. And, no we kid you not. You see her in Remix on Star One, Kkusum (Sony), Pancham (Zee), Kaanch (DD) and, most recently in Zee's Sindoor Tere Naam Ka. 'Somehow, I manage. I love it. It is hectic but I enjoy it,'' says Usha with a smile.

We suggest she should check out whether or not she deserves a mention in the record books for five shows at one time. 'You must be joking. I am sure there must be quite a few actors who are even busier,'' she says. If you say so.

Her characters give her a chance to enjoy her histrionic abilities. In Remix she is this khadoos professor, a stuck up single woman Ms Sharma; she plays Arundhati Chachi in Kkusum, the one who is always plotting against Kkusum. She's an aunt in Kaanch, too, this time Archana Bua who has had a child out of wedlock and faces the problems of single motherhood.

Rukmani in Pancham is a woman with modern views whose husband is old- fashioned. The story follows her transformation after she learns that her daughter has cancer. As for Sindoor, there she is Pamela Singhania, a rich socialite always trying to manipulate things. ''So you see they are all quite different and I have to work on my looks a lot. In Sindoor... I have a short wig. In Kaanch I have a jooda, and in Remix I tie my hair into simple plaits and wear specs. So it's fun,'' she adds.

Playing a vamp doesn't really bother her and she finds it very challenging. ''You get to experiment with the different aspects and shades of the character. There is so much to do when you are playing a negative role,'' she explains.

What is truly unbelievable is that with five shows, Bachchani takes out time for her film assignments. Recently she was seen in Nigehbaan and Chand Sa Roshan Chehra ''and a couple of them are ready for release,'' she responds with a smile to our disbelief. Coming to theatres soon are Aatma by the Ramsey Brothers, Ashish Chanan's Dreams and Mashooqa. ''There is no time for anything but work - and it can be like that only if you love what you do,'' she states. The more the merrier is what Usha seems to believe in!

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=125284

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
TELLY BUZZ

Kudos to jayati
  After her stupendous performance in the play Vagina Monologue, Jayati Bhatia is now seen on Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka as Titli.  
http://www.screenindia.com/print.php?content_id=10229
After her stupendous performance in the play Vagina Monologue, Jayati Bhatia is now seen on Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka as Titli. Known for her serious and mature portrayals on stage, Jayati as Titli is a real treat to the eye. Dressed in salwar kurtas in loud colours, Titli is extremely fond of her paranda, a swirl of which makes things fall down. According to Kinnari Mehta, co-producer of the serial, the character of Titli was inspired by Bindu's role in Main Hoon Na. Titli true to her name wears a ring with a butterfly on it and a butterfly tattoo on her back. She is called butterfly by her husband as she flits around like a titli. And as always, say the makers, Jayati has done a brilliant job.

http://www.screenindia.com/print.php?content_id=10229

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

Vermilion power

She steps on the threshold and gently touches the round-bottomed urn with her right foot, spilling the rice. The eye rests on everything portraying her married self -- the mehndi -decorated feet, the toe-ring, the ankle-chain, the girdle, the glass bangles and mehndi -adorned hands, the mangalsutra , the nose ring, the red bindi on her forehead, and the sindoor .

But it's the sindoor that truly ascribes to the married Hindu woman -- the unassuming red powder that rests in the parting of the hair. The suhagan will vouch for its sheer power. And power it is that red colour is associated with. Sindoor , or vermilion, is a symbol of the female energy of Parvati and Sati. A traditional component of sindoor is powdered red lead.

Alum and turmeric are also used as ingredients sometimes. And it is to encash on the popularity of and belief in the sindoor that Zee TV airs its new series tonight -- Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka -- from Monday to Thursday, at 7.30 pm. The story revolves around two brothers, their star-crossed marriage, and the dramatic twists and turns their lives take. So, while Niharika loathes the sight of her husband Antariksh and makes his life miserable, Dhruv's family dislikes his wife Vedika, who's mentally infirm. But Dhruv relentlessly takes care of his wife with the help of his childhood love Aarti, and Vedika gradually begins to show signs of improvement. But when fully cured, Vedika refuses to acknowledge Dhruv as her husband, for she's still waiting for the man she loves. The title -- Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka -- says the rest.

" Sinndoor is a family saga with a powerful storyline and well-defined characters. You can look forward to some great music as well," says Ashvini Yardi, programming head, Zee TV.

Gurdeep Kohli, popularly known as Dr Juhi, plays Vedika, Kirti Gaekwad plays Niharika and Tanvi Azmi is Kavita Raizada, the mother-in-law. Tanvi is returning to television after a long hiatus, and Gurdeep is all praise for her -- "Tanvi is a wonderful human being, and it was great working with her. I've gelled with her very well." And on her role as 'Niharika', Gurdeep says, "I've tried to give a different, innocent touch to may character. No digging noses, pulling hair and acting wild. The nuance is in the cute, adorable child-like faces I make and the spontaneity I've given to the character." Let's wait and watch for this one.

sangeeta Goldie
sangeeta
sangeeta

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Matching mania
Saturday April 23 2005 00:01 IST

http://www.newindpress.com/sunday/sundayitems.asp?id=SEW2005 0422143450&eTitle=People&rLink=0

Tear jerker family dramas have set off some bizarre fashion trends. But this one takes the cake. Actress Tanvi Azmi starring in Zee's latest daily show, Jay Mehta's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka teams her sari with a smear of powder of the same colour on her forehead.

Says Azmi, "It was a look I wanted and we decided to go ahead with it. Let's hope it's liked by the viewers." This one sure is a technicolour optimist.

http://www.newindpress.com/sunday/sundayitems.asp?id=SEW2005 0422143450&eTitle=People&rLink=0

HugabbleJaan Senior Member
HugabbleJaan
HugabbleJaan

Posted: 09 May 2005 at 7:15am | IP Logged

www.indiantelevision.comWatch out for Gurdeep Kohli in Zee's Sindoor. In a few days from now, her role is doubling up. You guessed it right! The pretty Punjabi kudi will be seen in a very different avtaar, something that has not been attempted on Indian television before. "It's very much a Pretty Woman type of body language. It won't be a whore character. But yes, something very crass." Can we wait?

According to www.indiantelevision.com... I am not sure how much is these true! But, it will be awesome to see Gurdeep In double role!! Call it double maaza... Big smile

rashmi1 Senior Member
rashmi1
rashmi1

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
 Sachin Shroff plays Dhruv in Zee TV's Sinndoor — Tere Naam Ka and also stars in Sahara One's Pepsi Ada. He was part of Shagun and Vishwas, and has also done ads for Maruti Omni, Livon and Colgate, among others.

Here are ten things about him…

When is your birthday and what is your star sign?
December 17. I am a Sagittarian.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
A little bit, I guess.

Where were you born and which school did you go to?
I am a proper Bombayite. Initially, I was studied at NMT Academy on Lamington Road, and later shifted to Chembur.

What was your first job? And how much was your first paycheque?
I didn't do a job as such. As soon as I was eligible enough, I started working in our family company. So, there was no paycheck but good profits.

One thing you are really bad at doing?
Lying.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
I am going to shift to Bandra shortly.

What handset do you use?
Nokia 6260.

What car do you use?
A Maruti Zen and a Wagon R.

What has been your most embarrassing moment?
I had gone for a film shooting to Pakistan and the people almost jumped on me, even tearing my shirt!

How often do you say, "I love you"?
Everyday, to my mom.

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 27 May 2005 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Arjun and Gurdeep in seventh heaven
Lovebirds Arjun Punj and Gurdeep Kohli are an elated duo today. They are just back after receiving Young Achievers awards instituted by a city organization.
"The award consists of a trophy. It was an honour to be given the award by Maharashtra's deputy chief minister Gopinath Munde," says Gurdeep with pride. The award function took place in Mumbai on Thursday. No wonder Arjun had to stay away from the press conference of Sahara One's show Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, where he plays the lead. "The awards function was scheduled much earlier. So I couldn'tmake it to the press conference," he said. The others who were honoured with the young achiever award were Rajpal Yadav and Indian Idol runner-up Amit Sana, we hear.

Go to top