Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

India-Forums

Sindoor Tere Naam Ka
Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor (Page 12)

Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 01 January 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Gurdeep Kohli

Print Article
Most Emailed Articles   RSS Feed
Search This Site  
< name=searchDtls1 =http://www.dnaindia.com/SearchContents.asp?catID=search&pagenum=1 method=post>
< = value=DNA name=searchCategory>
</>

18 till i die
Tuesday, December 27, 2005  17:14 IST

Gurdeep Kohli, actor

My college…
I went to the JJ School of Arts where I did a course in advertising.

Favorite hangouts…
Since my college was situated in South Mumbai, most of the fun restaurants and theatres were very accessible. I used to make it a point to watch most of the English movies. Also Caf Mondegar at Colaba used to be a permanent hangout.

I earned around Rs 4,500 in college…
My course involved a lot of drawing and sketching and in the evenings, I used to take classes for around 22 kids in the same. I also worked as a summer trainee at Lintas. With all this I earned around Rs 4,500, which was more than enough for my pocket money.

I was blacklisted…
Once I accidentally left my bag in college and bunked class. My bag reached the Dean's office and he called my mom and I was blacklisted. This is one memory that I'll always have.

My friends…
We were a huge group of girls and many a times we used to get possessive about our friends. Due to this, I had a fight with a good friend of mine who stopped talking to me. I really wish I could go back and fix this.

16 again…
If I was 16 again I would like to hitchhike, which was a permanent activity in college.

My biggest lesson…
The biggest lesson I learnt in college was that there is no substitute for hard work.  

-Divya Unny

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 02 January 2006 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Looking forward to Nach Baliye 2
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   January 2, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hiten and Gauri

We've seen them shed tears and battle out some dramatic scenes. But can they dance? Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan are one couple we would definitely want to have on our wish list.

The reason is simple — their real-life chemistry is more real and interesting than what they portray on screen. If they can work as hard on matching their steps as they do as Karan-Nandini in Kyunki, they have a really good chance of winning.

Manav and Shweta

They initially agreed; but date problems kept them away. Manav Gohil and Shweta Kawaatra have made it clear that given a chance, they would love to do Nach Baliye.

Friends close to the couple say Manav is a terrific dancer. This should be an interesting jodi in the contest.

Bakhtyaar and Tanaaz

Don't be surprised if this couple ties the knot just in time before Nach Baliye 2 starts.

Bakhtyaar Irani and Tanaaz Currim are the newest telly couple in town, and getting them on the show will definitely be an attraction.

Not many know that Irani was part of Farah Khan's dance troupe, and should be able to provide some good competition to other contestants. As for Tanaaz, the lass is famous for her zeal and vigour in pursuing anything she sets her mind on.

Rajesh Kumar and Madhvi

One of the less talked-about couples, Momma's boy Roshesh (Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai) and his wife Madhvi are also in the run to take part in the contest.

After winning awards and praise for his performance as the hilarious Roshesh, Rajesh may soon be seen taking dance lessons.

The couple has already been heard talking about their excitement of being a part of the dance competition. Rajesh-Madhvi will definitely give Nach Baliye 2 the much-needed variety it needs.

Rajeev and Aamna

For a moment, let's forget about the constant on-off buzz surrounding this relationship. In spite of not being able to work together for quite a while, Rajeev Khandelwal and Aamna Shariff are still a couple that makes heads turn.

Those who have seen them perform live know Rajiv isn't a Govinda, but Aamna balances his two left feet with her grace and charm. Even though they aren't officially a couple, the Rajeev-Aamna pairing could be the biggest star attraction on the show.

Narayani and Gaurav

Another couple that has been sending mixed signals about their relationship.

However, since both have nothing much to do these days, Nach Baliye will not only provide the much-needed boost to their careers, but also give them an opportunity to put an end to the speculation surrounding their love life.

Narayani Shastri and Gaurav Chopra have the necessary oomph - can they dance?

Arjun and Gurdeep

Like Amit Sadh and Neeru Bajwa, Arjun Punjj and Gurdeep Kohli have been going around for quite some time, but have yet to walk to the altar.

Like some other couples, they too were approached to take part in the season one for the show, but were unable to join due to date hassles.

Also Arjun, was recently heard saying that he wouldn't like to be judged for his dancing by someone else. Going by this, it will be interesting to see if the couple makes it to the list, or is given the cold shoulder.

Mona and Karan

It would be a welcome change to watch Mona Singh give up the Jassi tag and indulge in mindless fun.

The actress has yet to go official about her chakkar with Karan Oberoi, but he may convince her to do that well in time for the launch.

If Mona needs anything after Jassi, then this is a good time; Nach Baliye's enthusiasm and energy will definitely do wonders for her.

Kiran and Rinku

Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii's Om was fed up of crying, so he quit.

But a better remedy for Kiran Karmarkar, who played the role, would be to be a part of Nach Baliye with wife Rinku.

It won't be a shocker if these two are invited and agree to be a part of the show.

Watching Kiran boogie-woogie would definitely be a welcome sight than watching him cry.

Hiten Paintal and Kishwar

These two seem like the perfect choice to round up the 10 contestants. They are young, energetic, famous and fit.

While Kishwar has been seen at many parties dancing and grooving, Hiten looks like he could take a page or two out of her book for lessons. Sources close to the couple point out that they could even emerge as the dark horse in the race.

Filmi couples we would like to see

Ajay Devgan and Kajol.
Shahid Kapoor and Kareena.
Randeep Hooda and Sushmita Sen.
Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna.
Ranvir Shourey and Konkona Sensharma.
Kelly Dorjee and Lara Dutta.
John Abraham and Bipasha Basu.
Dharmendra and Hema Malini.
Rajesh Khanna and Dimple.
Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif.

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 02 January 2006 at 8:27am | IP Logged

For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=166685. Do not post any comments here, as they will be deleted. Post all comments at the link provided.

Amrapali overjoyed

Friday, December 30, 2005 | Television

Diksha of Ek Ladki…to act alongside Rajesh Khanna and Maushmi Chatterjee

Kunal M Shah

Amrapali aka Diksha of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is on cloud nine these days. She has just shot for her new show with film veterans Rajesh Khanna and Maushmi Chatterjee, titled Raghukul Reet Sada Chali Aayee.
The show is being directed by Siddarth Nagar.

Amrapali says, "My track in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is now over. Morover, Aruna Irani's Dorr is not happening anymore. So, I obviously jumped with joy when Siddarth Nagar called me for this show. I have known him for many years now. Plus, he wanted me to play Rajesh Khanna's grand daughter which I eagerly accepted."

She adds, "Although I can't reveal anything at this point of time, I am glad that I got to work with Rajesh Khanna. Very few people get the privilege to work with a superstar like him. I was very nervous before I shot with him but he is a fantastic person to work with. Ditto for Maushmi Chatterjee, she is an amazing person."

Amrapali also adds, "I am also doing one more show with Rajshri Productions and am looking forward to that. All I can say is that I will start shooting in January for the show."

Edited by Princess - 02 January 2006 at 4:52pm
Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 02 January 2006 at 7:59pm | IP Logged

Tanvi Azmi replaced in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Tanvi Azmi is out of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka of Zee TV, Kiran Joneja is replacing her. Kiran, who's married to director Ramsh Sippy, is very much on the social circuit. But TV buffs remember her most for her performance in Buniyaad. That was a number of years ago. But we think Kiran seems all set to make a mark on the small screen once again.
Kiran Juneja says, "I got drawn to the character when the producers narrated the role to me and it was only later on that I came to know that I would be replacing Tanvi."

Tanvi said, "Yeah I won't be doing the show and there were just a couple of things and date problems. We were not able to sort those things and they were asking for more dates which I did not have."

Kinnari Mehta, the producer of the show confirmed the news, "Yes Tanvi Azmi is not with the show anymore but we have no hard feelings. Maybe she was not cut out for a daily soap. So, we decided to have someone who is used to doing television. We amicably conveyed the news to her and there are no bad feelings

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 8:12am | IP Logged
For comments please visit: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=167567. Do not post any comments here, as they will be deleted.

"Serials are my bread n butter, but theatre's my sweet dish"

Jayati Bhatia's claim to fame was Kanyadaan on Sony where she played the central character (Kavita) and later was seen as Bindiya on Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi as Jassi's confidante. This theatre actor was introduced to TV by none other than Ekta Kapoor way back in 1997 and from then on there has been no looking back for this hotpot of talent, who's almost completed a decade in the industry.

Kavita Shyam caught up with Jayati Bhatia for a heart to heart chat.

How did you venture into this profession?
I was into theatre while studying in Delhi besides, I was an Odissi dancer and recepient of the National scholarship from the Ministry of Culture for three years in a row. I joined theatre under Ibrahim Alkazi and came to Mumbai in 1997 and got into television.

And how did television happen to you?
I got Itihaas which was my first serial and the character I played (Vandana) went from being positive to a negative person. Followed by Kanyadaan which was a brilliant role with me being the central character in the show, to the extent that I got every family in the country wanting a daughter like Kavita in the show.
Simultaneously, I also did Tu Tu Main Main where I played (Kumud) a comic role and had a wonderful experience working with Sachin and Supriya who are extremely talented. Then Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin happened where Bindiya became a rage along with the show. The nerdy character who had an expert comment to give to the whole world was someone we could find in every office! I did Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii where I played Dr Shweta, which was a negative character.
Somewhere in between, I did Kutumb where I learnt that one should not take up any role without getting to know the details of it. I was a supporting cast with nothing much to do.

Tell us about your association with the Balaji family?
Ekta and Shobha aunty have introduced me to television and what I am today is because of Balaji. I met Ekta when I came to Mumbai and thankfully she knew Alkazi with whom I had done theatre in Delhi; besides Shobha aunty saw my scenes and increased my role as she thought I was extremely talented. So somehow I got things at the right time and everything fell into place!

What made you take up Celebrity Fame Gurukul?
Honestly, I am not 'besuri' and I think I have a good ear to pick up rhythm and melody but had no ability to sing. Besides it was all in the name of charity and I got a platform to sing and perform. For me, serials are my bread and butter but theatre's my sweet dish!

Tell us about your experiences on stage?
I did Katiya Bai of Karmali Terrace by Alyque Padamse which is loosely based on Padamse's mother's life who was suffering from Alzheimer's. I got to play all age groups from 12 to 70 year olds, The show was held at Prithvi film festival last year while Vagina Monologues (Mahabanoo Mody's play) has been an amazing experience and has been well received in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai. My husband cried when we he read the literature of the Monologues and encouraged me to take up the role besides Mahabanoo had come to me at a time when all the actors had rejected it as was too bold a subject. I have worked with Rahul Dacunha, Feroz Khan, Vikram Kapadia, Alyque Padamse and now Mahabanoo too.

How did you adjust to life in Mumbai coming from Delhi?
My husband (Kiran Bhatia, Executive Producer) pushed me to come to Mumbai. I met my husband when I was working in a play in Delhi and that is when I realized I could become an actor. I had my husband who fully supported me in every step of my life, besides both of us are workaholics.

What else is in the pipleline for you?
I am doing Sinndoor where I play Titli Mami, a very Punjabi character who keeps saying 'Death hee ho jayegi' and she keeps making devious plans but makes an ass of herself in the process. I am also doing Viraasat (Star Plus' forthcoming show) where I play Aman Verma and Rohit Roy's mother. This is the kind of role that gives me a kick, wherein some find her negative, some adamant and many find her loving.

Now I am looking forward to doing challenging films and completely negative characters which go beyond rolling the eyes and making faces or simply crying.

Posted on 3 January 2006 3:30

Edited by Princess - 03 January 2006 at 12:36pm
memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 04 January 2006 at 9:48am | IP Logged

Sachhin Shroff

Sachin changes name...
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 | Television

...But life for him hasn't 'chhanged' at all

There seems to be a name changing epidemic among TV actors these days. After Bakhtyaar Irani, it's Sachin Shroff aka Dhruv of Sinndoor who has added an extra H to his name in hope of turning his fortunes around. Where some actors have done it on the insistence of numerologists, Sachhin doesn't seem to have any particular reason for doing so. "I changed the spelling long time back because my guruji advised me," he says. So did life change for him post the change? "No, nothing much has changed. Life is as it was earlier, except that Sinndoor happened." But the actor can't count on it as his track in Sinndoor has come to an end. "No, my track should be back," he assures. Surprisingly, the new serial in which (Dorr, to be produced by Aroona Irani for Sony' Sab) he was to play the lead has also been delayed. Recently, the actor's cell phone was submerged in water, but he managed to salvage his phone. Well, after all this, we wonder if he should get back to his earlier spelling.
sweet n sour Senior Member
sweet n sour
sweet n sour

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 6:05am | IP Logged

For comments please visit:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=167313

i think rahul might cum bak. this will create further turmoil for tara

read the 4th paragraph of the article below posted by xen 10 in another forum.

Mamta's on Anand's mind

Anand Suryavanshi returns to Mamta

Anand Suryavanshi is all set to play the lead in Shobhna Desai's Mamta to be launched on Zee next Monday. But not many know that he had initially rejected the role. "I was offered a role in Mamta shortly after I took up Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka. The dates that were required for Mamta clashed with Sinndoor. Since I had signed on for Sinndoor first, I did not do Mamta."

It is understood that the channel was not happy with Anand playing an important role in Mamta. "I was offered Mamta last February. At that time, I was a new face at the channel. But they did not object to my not doing Mamta. In fact, it was left to me to do whatever serial I wanted to."

Later, the role went to Sameer Sharma, but he opted out. Then Rohit Bakshi (who plays Shikhar in Kahanii Ghar Ghar Kii and Shabbir in Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai) was offered the same role, but he too did not take it. "I had Kahanii… so I couldn't take that up," says Rohit. So eventually, it went to Suryavanshi again.  

This is the third serial that Suryavanshi will do on Zee. He did Sinndoor (where his character was killed, but may be revived) and was also part of Saat Phere for sometime before he was replaced.

We only hope that his character in Mamta is here to stay.

Edited by srk_rulz - 05 January 2006 at 6:26am
Innocent_Bachi Goldie
Innocent_Bachi
Innocent_Bachi

Posted: 06 January 2006 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Niharika (Kirti Kelkar) of Sinndoor in the palki which was used by Meena Kumari in Pakeezah
Elaborate marriage (and remarriage) ceremonies may be commonplace in soaps but what's unique about Niharika's (Kirti Kelkar) wedding to Rudra (Sharad Kelkar) in the Zee daily Sinndoor – Tere Naam Ke is the palki. It was the same that was used by the late actress Meena Kumari in Kamal Amrohi's film Pakeezah (1971).

"As we wanted a full-on traditional wedding for Niharika, we were on the lookout for a quaint, yet well-known palki for the shoot," says producer Kinnari Mehtaa.

"The palki was procured from Kamalistan (Amrohi's studios) and the authorities confirmed that it was the same which was used in Pakeezah," claims Mehtaa. "The palki still remains in tact after all these decades post the film."

Sinndoor's newlyweds Niharika (Kirti Kelkar) and Rudra (Sharad Kelkar)
The Sinndoor team was so overwhelmed by the palkhi done up in gold and silver that they paid Rs 20,000 as hire charges for a single scene.

"It added a special tinge of nostalgia and made it the USP of Niharika's wedding sequence. We transported it to Space Studios, Goreagaon, where the wedding was shot from Kamalistan Studios," informs Mehtaa.

Interestingly, Sharad and Kirti are a real-life married couple, "so the wedding scene had that touch of realism. For them it was like marrying all over again and they were willing to go to any length for the post-wedding scenes," laughs Mehtaa.

Those who tune into this Zee daily will recall that Titli (Jayati Bhatia) spills the beans to Kavita Raizada (Tanvi Azmi), saying Kavita's husband Virendra (Naresh Suri) cheated her and that Rudra is his son from the other woman Sundri (Sumukhi Pendse). That makes Niharika, who has dumped Antariksh (Prachin Chauhan), Virendra's son from Kavita.

Sinndoor, produced by actor-turned producer Jay Mehtaa, has Vedika (Gurdip Kohli), the elder daughter-in-law of the Raizadas, and her phobia for sindoor besides the wheeling-dealings of the family.

Go to top