Frequent Posters

Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

For comments please visit:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/193172 

Do nost post any comments here, they will be deleted. Thanks 😊

Kirti in Hare Rama Hare Krishna mode

Kirti Kelkar
The suspense is finally over. Rose Audio Visual's India Calling has finally found its Manisha.

Playing the role of Chandni's (Mansi Parekh) sister is none other than Sinndoor's Niharika (Kirti Kelkar). Previously heard over phone conversations, and mentioned in the drama, this will be the first time that Mini didi will make an appearance on the show.

A different role

When asked why she chose to play the character, Kirti said, "The only reason I accepted this part, is because it is totally different from what people have seen me as Niharika. The personality and the look are mind-blowing, and radically opposite to h ow the audience has seen me till now."

Describing her look on the show she said, "Manisha an out and out western girl. Her outfits are very hip and modern something on the lines of Zeenat Aman in Hare Rama Hare Krishna. There is a curiosity factor about Manisha. You never know what she might be up to and that reflects in her attire as well."

Even though as the older sister Manisha is confident and independent, deep down inside she is disturbed and running away from herself. "At the bottom of her heart, she's still a small town girl from Jalandar. She's is hiding and running away from her family because she's ashamed of herself, in a way. Her insecurity is taking a toll on her and she struggles to deal with it."

I want a honeymoon

Thanks to her work, Kirti's personal life is on the back-burner, presently. On her wish list is a nice romantic vacation with her husband Sharad (her co-star in Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka and Nahar of Saat Phere).

"If I could have my way, then I would get Sharad on every show I am in. Both of us have been busy shooting and believe it or not we still haven't had a proper honeymoon."

When asked how she felt about Sharad's honeymoon outdoor on Saat Phere she laughed, "You have to deal with it. Actually when we went to Hong Kong for our Sinndoor shoot, the producer gave us leave for some days, since we never got a chance to go on vacation."

Sharad and Kirti Kelkar
Candidate for Nach Baliye

Another project that Kirti has set her eyes on is the second season of Nach Baliye. "Oh, I hope they call us, 'cause I would love to take part on the show. Sharad is a good dancer, but I am a hard worker. So, if all goes well I should hopefully be on board for the competition."

Edited by srk_rulz - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/feb/1feb/news_kiran.php

Kiron Joneja to exit from Sinndoor

Kiron Joneja who is playing Kavita Raizada in Sinndoor had recently replaced Tanvi Azmi in the show, and has to face an early exit from the show now.

Kavita Raizada is going to face death at the hands of her son, Karan played by Sachin Shroff.

The track culminates into Kavita's death when she gets to know that Dhruv is alive and urges Karan to drive fast and reach him as soon as possible. At the signal when Kavita sees Dhruv's car, she gets down but misses him again. Karan devises a plan and turns the car in the other direction. Kavita resents and in frustration, he reveals to her that he is wanted by the Canada Police and hence will have to disguise as Dhruv Raizada, under any circumstance.

Finally, Karan warns Kavita that she will have to get him married to Vedika. Karan stops the car in a lonely place when she tries to run away but he blocks her way and fires at her.

When contacted, Kiran Joneja refused to comment.

The episode will be telecast on 2 February.

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM Posted on 1 February 2006 6:30 pm

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/feb/1feb/news_kiran.php Edited by monika.goel - 18 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Gurdip Kohli

The most romantic thing to do:
I think the most romantic thing to do this season would be to go for a long drive on a bike. I would of course not want to drive around in Mumbai. I think a drive to the interiors of Lonavala can be very exciting. I also love to swim in this season with water everywhere and also pouring from the Heaven above (laughs).

The most romantic place to go:
I have just come from Lonavala and now I shall go to Goa next month. Beaches and rains make a great combination. Goa is anyways a romantic place, monsoon makes it even more romantic.

Mouth watering dish:
Batata vada, pakoras and hot tea!

Monsoon wear:
Capris and nice tops. I would not like to spoil my bottoms.

Most memorable monsoon moment:
I can never forget my college trips in this season. They were called 'Monsoon Picnic' and I went for such trips for five years. They were great fun. We would go to dams, waterfalls around Karjat and have loads of fun with friends.
dures thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/194595. Any comments in this thread will be deleted.

They claim this is the first ever on screen — a son killing his own mother! Zee daily Sinndoor — Tere Naam Ka will have Karan (Sachin Shroff) shooting his mother Kavita Raizada (Kiran Juneja) point blank; the drama will unfold from today's episode. And the sole witness to the incident is, but naturally, the protagonist, Vedika (Gurdip Kohli).

Secret's out

The reason for Karan's mad frenzy is that Kavita is about to reveal his shady deals and has him sent back to Canada.

"Viewers know that Karan and Dhruv are identical twins. It is revealed in a flashback that Kavita had given Karan away to her sister.

Karan's nefarious activities led to his running away to India. He knows that returning to Canada spells doom for him," explains producer Kinnari Mehta.

Scene of crime

The scene was specially shot by director Santosh Bhatt, at a quarry near Powai.

"This is our biggest high point in the show, as Karan knows that his mother is about to divulge his shady deals abroad," adds Mehta.

And in true soap style, Kavita will slip into a coma and spring back to life after a hiatus. Before that, however, there is more trouble brewing for Vedika.

Edited by Princess - 18 years ago
monika.goel thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/195959. Do not post any comment here as they will be deleted.

Sharad in trouble

While Saat Phere and Sinndoor producers clamour for dates

Sapana Patil

In their bid to over-achieve, television actors tend to bite off much more than they can ever chew. Naturally this ends up creating one of the oldest problems in the acting profession – a clash of dates.

When Sharad Kelkar made a grand entry as Prince Nahar Singh on Zee's Saat Phere, little did he know that this role would be the beginning of his troubles. Kelkar is also playing an important character in Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka on the same channel and with his latest role; he has to balance his dates between both serials. Apparently he hadn't foreseen the problems he would encounter by taking on important roles on two shows simultaneously

As the story goes, his track in Saat Phere has gained more significance post his marriage to protagonist Saloni (Rajshri Thakur). Initially, to accommodate his dates for Saat Phere, his track was reduced on Sinndoor... But later, Sinndoor producer Kinnari Mehta demanded her pound of flesh – she wanted him to devote more time to Sinndoor as she intended to increase his role.

This has put Kelkar in a dilemma, because he now cannot ignore his commitment to Saat Phere.  Consequently,there's tension between the producers of both shows. "Kinnari Mehtaa asked Sunjoy Waddhwa (producer of Saat Phere) to reduce Kelkar's track in Saat Phere so that she could increase his track in Sinndoor. But Waddhwa insisted on keeping his track because the story required it. This miffed Mehta no end as she thought Sharad's loyalty was with Sinndoor, the serial he took up first," informs a source.

When contacted, an agitated Kelkar says, "My work schedule has become unduly hectic. Earlier I used to work for 12 hours, now I have to put in 16 hours a day."

When asked if Mehtaa was unhappy with his decision to give more time to Saat Phere, he says, "It is not that she is unhappy, but if she has to make changes in the track because of my date problems, naturally it will bother her. But she is very co-operative. Last month we were all under tremendous pressure. But I have decided that this month Sinndoor will get top priority. I can't do injustice to any one show because both are important to me."

"I have never spoken to Kinnari Mehtaa. Sharad Kelkar is the only common factor between us. We mutually adjust our dates," says a nonchalant Waddhwa.

Mehtaa, in her turn, says, "I don't know Mr. Waddhwa at all. I have never met him. However, Sharad is a co-operative person. And we do want more of Sharad on our show now in the future."

https://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=2320062316436223200623154281

jingle thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/196362. Post all comments at the link provided. Any comments posted here will be deleted.

Gurdeep taking viewers for a ride
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   February 4, 2006

Gurdeep Kohli
TV actress Gurdeep Kohli, who had a rocking party at a pub to usher in her birthday last year, had to contend with a no-hungama, austere celebration this time.

"Although I had taken an off on that day, it was a nurse-cum-birthday-girl situation this year for me. Both my mother, and my boyfriend (Arjun Punjj) were unwell.

Arjun was down with malaria, and since he was advised rest and a restricted diet, we decided to cancel all our chill-out plans," discloses Kohli.

Playing herself

The actress is thrilled at bagging the role of the roaming anchor for new show, Jet Set Go (Star Plus), produced by Vipul Shah. "This new assignment is my birthday gift this year," she smiles.

Considering that she has thus far done intense roles, why a travel-based reality show? "That's because after five years of enacting TV characters — first as Dr Juhi and then as Vedika — I am getting to play myself for a change. There are no scripts or dialogues; it is all impromptu, which is what makes it more exciting.

No doubt, playing screen characters is a challenge, but anchoring is something I always wanted to do," gushes the model-actress, who will share screen space with Aashka Goradia, Kiran Dubey and Tassnim Sheikh in the travel-show.

Bansari7 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Talking about the results so far, Zee hasn't come out of this whole exercise empty-handed. Though no significant headway has been made yet, Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka and a consistent Tumhari Disha have helped the channel to strengthen the 7:30 pm - 8 pm band. Sinndoor's good performance even forced Star Plus to re-launch its 7:30 pm soap Hello Dolly as Princess Dollie Aur Uska Magic Bag.

Powered by the Zee Cine Awards property and then this surge in the early primetime band, Zee TV's market share in March 2005 equaled or crossed that of Sony for the first time since August 2003 in all day parts (TAM CS4+ Hindi speaking markets). Many of Zee's soaps are making headway in top programme list, with 40 of its shows making it to the top 150 list in March 2005.
monika.goel thumbnail
Kiran Joneja's match plans go for full toss
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 6, 2006
Kiran Joneja with husband Ramesh Sippy
Did Kiran Joneja's plans to watch the Indo-Pak test match throw Zee's Sinndoor shoot off schedule? Sources on the show were heard discussing how they had problems with Kiran's dates for a particular period — the same time she wanted to go and watch the Indo-Pak test match in Lahore.

She cancelled her plans

When we contacted Kiran, she said, "I never went to Pakistan. In fact, I had planned to go and all my paper work was ready, but I cancelled, as they wanted my dates for the shoot. If I remember correctly, I was supposed to get my visa done on January 21, but I adjusted, since Sinndoor required my attention."

Character in coma

But why would she have problems, since her character on the show is in coma. "You know how it is working in a daily. One has to keep in mind what they require, and make plans accordingly. Besides, I am not a huge cricket fan, my husband is. I was planning to go with him to watch the match."

'Hardcore professional'

To get the producer's side, we contacted Kinnari Mehta. "She has finished our shoot and we don't require her too much in the story, since the character is in a coma. She is free to do whatever she wants, since she isn't shooting," she said. When we asked if there were any issues over dates, she said, "Kiran is a hardcore professional and a very cooperative artiste."

Now that Joneja has some time off , she's taken to painting, taking care of the house and going for lunches with friends. "I am loving being in coma on the show; it's given me time to do all the things I wanted to do for a long time."

When asked if, like in every other show, she will rise from the dead, she laughed and said, "I don't know, and can't tell. I am not complaining about the free time I am getting

monika.goel thumbnail
For comments please visit:
https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=197900&PN=1& TPN=1
Post all comments at the link provided. Any comments posted here will be deleted.
Kiran Joneja's match plans go for full toss
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 6, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Kiran Joneja with husband Ramesh Sippy
Did Kiran Joneja's plans to watch the Indo-Pak test match throw Zee's Sinndoor shoot off schedule? Sources on the show were heard discussing how they had problems with Kiran's dates for a particular period — the same time she wanted to go and watch the Indo-Pak test match in Lahore.
She cancelled her plans

When we contacted Kiran, she said, "I never went to Pakistan. In fact, I had planned to go and all my paper work was ready, but I cancelled, as they wanted my dates for the shoot. If I remember correctly, I was supposed to get my visa done on January 21, but I adjusted, since Sinndoor required my attention."

Character in coma

But why would she have problems, since her character on the show is in coma. "You know how it is working in a daily. One has to keep in mind what they require, and make plans accordingly. Besides, I am not a huge cricket fan, my husband is. I was planning to go with him to watch the match."

'Hardcore professional'

To get the producer's side, we contacted Kinnari Mehta. "She has finished our shoot and we don't require her too much in the story, since the character is in a coma. She is free to do whatever she wants, since she isn't shooting," she said. When we asked if there were any issues over dates, she said, "Kiran is a hardcore professional and a very cooperative artiste."

Now that Joneja has some time off , she's taken to painting, taking care of the house and going for lunches with friends. "I am loving being in coma on the show; it's given me time to do all the things I wanted to do for a long time."

When asked if, like in every other show, she will rise from the dead, she laughed and said, "I don't know, and can't tell. I am not complaining about the free time I am getting

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/204189. Do not post any comments here, they will be deleted.

On February 8 as per tradition Kiran Juneja threw a birthday party at Sea Rock Hotel — but the invite was for ladies only. Not even hubby Ramesh Sippy was allowed to be present. So during brunch all the elegant ladies from the film industry like Mrs Sunita Kapoor (Anil's wife), Kalpana Lajmi, Neetu Singh, Bhagyashree, let down their hair, entered gabfests, rocked and rolled, danced and had a blast! Another thumbs-up for womanhood.

Kiran Juneja and Bhagyashree The guests at the brunch
Neetu Singh and Bhagyashree

The ladies dig in