Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Synopsis, News & Articles about Sindoor

Jem4Himesh thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

'Sinndoor'set to make its mark

Zee TV's mega launch Sinndoor - Tere Naam Ka will launch on 21 March. Sinndoor is a daily serial about Vedika, played by Gurdip Kohli, who has the phobia of the traditional auspicious symbol of sinndoor. The serial deals with her marriage to a sane man. So will it remind the audience of Koshish Ek Aasha?

Jay makes another serial after 'Mujhe Dor Koi Kheenche'

"In Koshish.., the sane girl was trapped in the marriage, but in Sinndoor.., the sane husband and his family feel trapped," explains co-producer of the serial, Jay Mehta. He expects to pull crowds in the pre-primetime zone with this serial.

"The serial is a combination of Koshish Ek Aasha and Sadma," reveals Gurdip. She asserts that her role is unlike that of Shraddha Nigam in Choodiyaan, that was aired on Sony a few years ago. "My role is that of a grown up girl with the innocence of a child. I dress up like a grown up," she says.

"This role will be better than that in Sanjeevani- a medical boon. The serial shows the girl getting into bouts of fits. This requires a lot of energy," she laughs.

Tanvi plays 'saans no.1' after 'Family no.1'

The serial has veteran actress Tanvi Azmi playing mother-in-law to Gurdip. Tanvi is back on the small screen after Family No. 1 on Sony. Tanvi will be seen flaunting huge bindis of the same colour as her sari. "I usually experiment in my roles. In Family No.1 I wore jeans. In this serial I will be wearing bindis of the same colour as my sari. Also, the pattern of blouse that I will be wearing is different. I am experimenting a lot with my looks in this serial," she elaborates.

Kirti Gaikwad, the protagonist of Zee's Kammal, plays Gurdip's elder sister. "This serial is re-launching me," says Kirti, who was on a brief break from the screen for almost eight months.

The rest of the cast includes Naresh Suri, Shweta Gautam, Jayati Bhatia (of Vagina Monologues fame) Sachin Shroff and Kishori Shahane.

This serial is a milestone in Gurdip's life too as it marks the beginning of another journey from Sanjeevani to Sinndoor, from Star to Zee.

By TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
from indiantelevision.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maryam786 thumbnail

hello everyone.i am maryam from singapore..sindoor is a story off a 2 sisters marrying off too 2 brothes...meaning 1 abnormal(mental) sister marrys the normal brother the other normal sister marrys the handicap brother...now it sure looks like a very exciting serial so go watch it..now we will see what happens when the familys find out about the defects in the sister...on the engagment day itself the sister goes insane and ends on the shock expressions off the guest and mostly the sasu ma...the abnormal sisters fiancee likes someone else (manshaa actrees) and is shock it ssee that his mom has chosen such an insane girl for her..😃

meghavi thumbnail

Dhruv had spent his entire life under the umbrella of guilt… guilt for having caused his brother to lose a leg… If it weren't for him, his brother Antariksh would have been a healthy young man.

Being the son of Prem Raizyada, one of the most influential businessmen in the country, he deserved better than that.

Antariksh lost the function of his left leg in an accident caused unknowingly by Dhruv that his mother Kavita began to hate Dhruv. The only respite he had was Aarti… a girl whom he had known since childhood and had grown to love.

It was at his family janmashtami function and Antariksh' birthday that Antariksh was dancing and he collided and tumbled to the ground taking with him a very pretty girl who gave him hell for his clumsiness. He was the laughing stock of all those present there. Kavita, on seeing all this, pledged that she would find the prettiest bride in the world for her lame son.

She came up on a family that was ready to give the hand of their elder daughter, Niharika in marriage to Antariksh on the condition that their younger son Dhruv would be married to their second daughter, Vedika who was mentally infirm. Kavita immediately agreed.

The wedding took place with all the grandeur that can be imagined. The only problem was that Antariksh's wife, Niharika loathed the sight of her husband and made him miserable.

Dhruv's family hated his wife, Vedika and the treatment meted out to her was very bad.

Dhruv began to treat his wife with the help of his ex- love Aarti who was a psychiatrist. Gradually, Vedika began to show improvement.

Niharika was gradually mellowing down to Antariksh as she began to understand that she must make the best of the situation. Finally the much-awaited happiness began to return to the family.

Problems began when Vedika was fully cured and she refused to acknowledge Dhruv as her husband. She was simply waiting for the man she loved who everyone thought had died. Dhruv is heartbroken. The girl for whom he did everything that could be thought off has now forgotten him all together.

Our story begins now on such pivotal questions…

Will Dhruv ever win back his love, Vedika? Will Vedika get the man she loved before she turned insane? What fate has been stored for Shweta? Will the old flame rekindle?
  1. Will Dhruv in wave of emotion and love for Vedika help her in her search for her lover?Why does Kavita hate Dhruv? Will dhruv ever know the reason for his mother's hatred?

This serial will give answers to the all unanswered questions, which has more intriguing secrets buried underneath. More dark truths are to be revealed. To probe into their secrets…wait and watch!!!!!!!!!

From -zeeuk.com 

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Tanvi Azmi
Tanvi Azmi, the latest to join the small-screen saas society as Kavita Raizada in the Zee daily Sinndoor — Tere Naam Ka, is not exactly spewing venom against her bahus.

"There are enough problems in the Raizada household. Add to this Kavita's own woes and there is no need to create any more!" laughs Azmi, when asked how vitriolic she will be.

"Not all mothers-in-law are terrible. So there is no need to create those black and white characters," she says about her decision to play a saas on the tube.

Azmi, who is back on television after a hiatus (she was last seen in Family No 1 on Sony), says that she agreed to do this soap produced by Jay Mehtaa as it was not exactly a saas-bahu drama.

"It is more about Kavita's relationships with her sons Dhruv (Sachin Shroff) and Antariksh (Prachin). The track has Dhruv suffer from guilt due to Antariksh's sorry state of affairs," says Azmi.

She also has to contend with daughter-in-law Vedika (Gurdip Kohli) who suffers from a phobia. As Kavita in Sinndoor, Tanvi Azmi is also making a style statement with her bindi that matches the shade of her sari.

"It just happened while discussing the look of the character," she says. Wife of cinematographer Baba Azmi, she says she kept away from the acting front for a while "and was happy playing a housewife in real life till my folks raised the alarm and told me you better get out and do something!"

5 most evil mas-in-law on the telly

1. Ramola Sikand in Kahiin Kissi Roz
Tried to kill her son and daughter-in-law

2. Savita Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
She tried to separate Mihir andTulsi in the early episodes

3. Mohini in Kasauti Zindagi Kay
She prevented Prerna's marriage to Anurag by getting him married to Kamolika

4. Lalita devi in Kehta Hai Dil
She gives her daughter-in-law Karishma a lot of grief and even tries to murder her

5. Pam Mallya in Kesar
She wants to separate Kesar from her son Rudr, as she is a small-town girl

sweet n sour thumbnail
hi guys heres an article i found about sindoor.

in.news.yahoo.com/050326/139/2kek5.html
Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She played the passive yet strong willed mother in the Kajol starrer, Dushman. She played a divorced mother of

Tanvi Azmi: "I am a secure actor"

youngsters in Sony's Family No. 1 --- she plays a mother yet again in Zee's Sinndoor-Tere Naam Ka. Meet Tanvi Azmi, who has made it a habit to play roles with a certain ease that comes only with experience. Yet it is strange that she does not feature in any of the publicity promos.

We ask her how she felt about this and she says, "I am a very secure actor. I don't feel bad about not being featured in the banners because I believe that only your work can speak for you. Moreover, despite me not being a part of the publicity I have received a lot of appreciation and love. What more can I want?"

The buzz is that Tanvi is not too happy with the publicity of the show, but when we ask her, she candidly says that it is the channel's call and she did not bother about it much.

Tanvi with the family of 'Sinndoor...' having a blast!

Meanwhile, Tanvi's style statements on Sinndoor... have really caught the attention of viewers. "That is a look that has been entirely my baby. The matching sindoor with the saree is something that I do in real life and many designers have jokingly told me that they might just steal the idea from me. I thought let me make it popular, it is a refreshing change," she laughs.

Doesn't the look remind the viewers too much of the shrewd Ramola Sikand of Kaahin Kissi Roz? "Yes, it does in some ways. But a look cannot determine if the role is negative or positive. My character has a very soft look and that is what makes her different," avers Tanvi.

Sinndoor... is Tanvi's second serial after the hugely popular Family No.1 on Sony, and she is still getting used to the 'language of the dailies', as she puts it. So are we losing her to Bollywood, we ask, and pat comes her reply --- "No….I have time to do both. I choose to do little and am happy with what I am doing," she says as she signs off.

anonmember thumbnail

"There is lots of competition going on and I believe it is good to be professional and do your job well"

--Gurdeep Kohli

There is one girl in the telly industry with lovely eyes, girl-next-door looks and a charming sweet smile will make you have a second look at her, she is none other than our own Gurdeep Kohli better known as Dr.Juhi Singh of Sanjivani- A Medical Boon. You may have seen her in many ads such as Ponds, ICICI, Baazee.com, Cadbury's, Ariel and Nestle. Earlier she got an offer in Pankaj Udhas's music video Kya Mujhse Dosti Karoge. She also did a cameo in Bhabhi and Son Pari.

Life was full of happiness as she got the role in Sony's first episode of Rihaee and then came the role in Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, which is the dream role come true for this beautiful dame.

How did you suddenly start working in television as you were doing ads?
Frankly, it just happened. I was working in an ad agency and suddenly I got a chance to work in one ad and it followed with almost 75 ads. I never thought that life would take such a drastic change. Suddenly one fine day Cinevistaa guys saw the ad I had done for Ariel and they called me for the audition and the rest is history.

How did you cope up with acting, as you never had any formal training in acting?

I don't believe in formal training in acting. Since my childhood I always use to imitate actors. I also think that if people put their effort fully in whatever they do they will surely come up with success. Every day, we do nearly ten scenes. So, there is a regular and continuous scope for improvement. If I get time, I see my serials and know where I need to improve. The industry is tough and competition is high. I believe it is best to be professional and do your job well.

What is the viewer's reaction towards your serials?
There is so much of feedback I get from the viewers; whether it is in person on the roads or on the phone and mail.

What is your experience working with the senior artists?
(Interrupts) I know there is a general myth that senior artists are aloof and they don't mix up with the newcomers. But there are many newcomers who think they are born artists and masters in all kind of scenes. I am lucky that I have got to work with senior people like Rajiv Verma, Smita Jaykar and Vikram Gokhale; all these people gave me lots of useful guidance in my early days; their presence is so heart-warming that you can give nothing but your best. My experience shows if you ask your senior for any help they surely will help you. In Sanjivani Vikram Gokhale would literally show me how Juhi should react in certain difficult scenes. From Mohnish Behl, I have learnt how to underplay the character, which is very important. Also, he has taught me a lot on how to modulate my voice, keeping with demands of the situation. I will never forget Vikram's most important lesson- never stand with your hands folded because it portrays a very uncommunicative feeling. In this serial the story is fully revolving around my character. So I feel most of the senior artists are threaten by my role.

When you started with the Sanjivani you were four of you but now you are the only one who stuck to the character till the end?
Don't you find it difficult to cope with different people? No not at all I think I am a professional artist, I believe in doing my work and not take it to personally.

We have heard that you and Mihir Mishra don't get along?
You have heard it right. Our equation broke even when Shilpa Kadam was still a part of the serial. Her role started turning very negative, she didn't like it and left the serial. Around those days, Mihir stopped talking to me. I have no clue what bugged him when Shilpa opted out. Initially, I was shocked. But now, it has become a part of life. But I am professional enough to handle this kind of a situation.

After playing such a positive role, do you think you'll be considered for negative characters?
Frankly, many people tell me that I have a very positive looking face. So, that is a bit of a problem. But I have the ability to surprise and shock. Don't jump to conclusions so early in my career.

Any other projects other than Sanjivani?
I had lots of offers coming from many serials but I wanted to concentrate only on Sanjivani. But after Sanjivani became hour episode I had some time with me when I got a chance to work in Sony's Rihaee I worked in the 1st episode. I also did a cameo in Bhabhi and Son Pari. And now I have got a dream role in Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka where I am playing a role of a mentally challenged girl called Vidhika. It's a very nice story where two brothers get married to two sisters one of them is mentally ill but when she becomes normal she forgets that she is married.

How about film offers & in what kind of movies you would prefer?
I am so young; I want to take my own sweet time getting there on top. I don't want to get lost in this competition. Many films have been offered to me but nothing has worked out. Presently I want to concentrate on television. Yes in future I will surely do it, but I want to work in the love story films. (Some goodie goodie kind of a role). Basically I am a Yash Chopra fan. (Laughs).

What do you do during your free time?
I enjoy with my friends and like to spend the free time watching my serials.

There is one girl in the telly industry with lovely eyes, girl-next-door looks and a charming sweet smile will make you have a second look at her, she is none other than our own Gurdeep Kohli better known as Dr.Juhi Singh of Sanjivani- A Medical Boon. You may have seen her in many ads such as Ponds, ICICI, Baazee.com, Cadbury's, Ariel and Nestle. Earlier she got an offer in Pankaj Udhas's music video Kya Mujhse Dosti Karoge. She also did a cameo in Bhabhi and Son Pari.

Life was full of happiness as she got the role in Sony's first episode of Rihaee and then came the role in Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka, which is the dream role come true for this beautiful dame.

How did you suddenly start working in television as you were doing ads?
Frankly, it just happened. I was working in an ad agency and suddenly I got a chance to work in one ad and it followed with almost 75 ads. I never thought that life would take such a drastic change. Suddenly one fine day Cinevistaa guys saw the ad I had done for Ariel and they called me for the audition and the rest is history.

How did you cope up with acting, as you never had any formal training in acting?

I don't believe in formal training in acting. Since my childhood I always use to imitate actors. I also think that if people put their effort fully in whatever they do they will surely come up with success. Every day, we do nearly ten scenes. So, there is a regular and continuous scope for improvement. If I get time, I see my serials and know where I need to improve. The industry is tough and competition is high. I believe it is best to be professional and do your job well.

What is the viewer's reaction towards your serials?
There is so much of feedback I get from the viewers; whether it is in person on the roads or on the phone and mail.

What is your experience working with the senior artists?
(Interrupts) I know there is a general myth that senior artists are aloof and they don't mix up with the newcomers. But there are many newcomers who think they are born artists and masters in all kind of scenes. I am lucky that I have got to work with senior people like Rajiv Verma, Smita Jaykar and Vikram Gokhale; all these people gave me lots of useful guidance in my early days; their presence is so heart-warming that you can give nothing but your best. My experience shows if you ask your senior for any help they surely will help you. In Sanjivani Vikram Gokhale would literally show me how Juhi should react in certain difficult scenes. From Mohnish Behl, I have learnt how to underplay the character, which is very important. Also, he has taught me a lot on how to modulate my voice, keeping with demands of the situation. I will never forget Vikram's most important lesson- never stand with your hands folded because it portrays a very uncommunicative feeling. In this serial the story is fully revolving around my character. So I feel most of the senior artists are threaten by my role.

When you started with the Sanjivani you were four of you but now you are the only one who stuck to the character till the end?
Don't you find it difficult to cope with different people? No not at all I think I am a professional artist, I believe in doing my work and not take it to personally.

We have heard that you and Mihir Mishra don't get along?
You have heard it right. Our equation broke even when Shilpa Kadam was still a part of the serial. Her role started turning very negative, she didn't like it and left the serial. Around those days, Mihir stopped talking to me. I have no clue what bugged him when Shilpa opted out. Initially, I was shocked. But now, it has become a part of life. But I am professional enough to handle this kind of a situation.

After playing such a positive role, do you think you'll be considered for negative characters?
Frankly, many people tell me that I have a very positive looking face. So, that is a bit of a problem. But I have the ability to surprise and shock. Don't jump to conclusions so early in my career.

Any other projects other than Sanjivani?
I had lots of offers coming from many serials but I wanted to concentrate only on Sanjivani. But after Sanjivani became hour episode I had some time with me when I got a chance to work in Sony's Rihaee I worked in the 1st episode. I also did a cameo in Bhabhi and Son Pari. And now I have got a dream role in Zee TV's Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka where I am playing a role of a mentally challenged girl called Vidhika. It's a very nice story where two brothers get married to two sisters one of them is mentally ill but when she becomes normal she forgets that she is married.

How about film offers & in what kind of movies you would prefer?
I am so young; I want to take my own sweet time getting there on top. I don't want to get lost in this competition. Many films have been offered to me but nothing has worked out. Presently I want to concentrate on television. Yes in future I will surely do it, but I want to work in the love story films. (Some goodie goodie kind of a role). Basically I am a Yash Chopra fan. (Laughs).

What do you do during your free time?
I enjoy with my friends and like to spend the free time watching my serials.

http://www.tvguideindia.com/face2face.htm

sangeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Of soap stars and painful slips

Malvika Nanda

New Delhi,
 April 6, 2005|20:54 IST

Last week, on the sets of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka (Zee TV), Gurdeep Kohli — who play the mentally infirm Vedika — reportedly fell on a lamp while shooting a mandir scene, burning her lip.

Kohli underplays the incident but points out: The lighted lamp wasn't meant to be there in the scene, to begin with. "It has left a scar on my lip that I cover with lipstick," she adds.

The grind beneath the glamour of showbiz can be painful. Literally. While filmdom has instances galore, chances of accidents during TV shoots are all the more, given the hectic pace to wrap up episodes before deadlines.

Kishori Shahane, Kohli's co-star in Sindoor..., recalls another incident: "In a scene, Vedika gets wild and hurls objects at people. Gurdeep accidentally pushed a cupboard that came crashing on my head."

Source : hindustantimes.com

Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Gurdeep Kohli

My birthday- 30th January

Marriage is- something I have never thought about

I dislike - computers. I find them boring

My craziest fan- lives in Nagaland

Before 'Sanjivani' happened- I had modelled for Pond's, ICICI, Baazee.com, Cadbury's, Ariel and Nestle

My strength- I can switch on and off very comfortably

Favourite hang-out place
- Mocha Juhu

Favourite beverage - Coconut water

Favourite Perfume- "Pleasure"

Favourite singer- Shaan

Favourite Co-star
- Arjun Punj

Clothes I prefer- Denim jeans and a top

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k4/gurpreet-s t.htm

Accessories I can't be seen without - watch and my solitaire

My best friend - my mother Manjit

The book I recommend - "Wild Orchid" by 'Juge Pevra'

My most memorable day - my first day of shooting for 'Sanjivani'

I could die for - my mother

from: http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k4/gurpreet-s t.htm

sweet n sour thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
TELE EXPRESS

PRO-FILE

Usha Bachchani who acts serials such as Kkusum, Sindoor, Kaanch

Nitin Joshi

New Delhi, April 17: Most of the time you love to hate her. That's because she plays her part so convincingly you can't help it. It's 12 long years since she first appeared on television and she's been steady as a rock. We've seen people come and go but this good-looking vamp has been there right from the days of Challenge (Sony) by the late Sanjiv Bhattacharya. Usha Bachchani is waht we would call a TV veteran.

Nowadays, she acts in not one, two or three shows but five shows. Four weeklies and one bi-weekly. And, no we kid you not. You see her in Remix on Star One, Kkusum (Sony), Pancham (Zee), Kaanch (DD) and, most recently in Zee's Sindoor Tere Naam Ka. 'Somehow, I manage. I love it. It is hectic but I enjoy it,'' says Usha with a smile.

We suggest she should check out whether or not she deserves a mention in the record books for five shows at one time. 'You must be joking. I am sure there must be quite a few actors who are even busier,'' she says. If you say so.

Her characters give her a chance to enjoy her histrionic abilities. In Remix she is this khadoos professor, a stuck up single woman Ms Sharma; she plays Arundhati Chachi in Kkusum, the one who is always plotting against Kkusum. She's an aunt in Kaanch, too, this time Archana Bua who has had a child out of wedlock and faces the problems of single motherhood.

Rukmani in Pancham is a woman with modern views whose husband is old- fashioned. The story follows her transformation after she learns that her daughter has cancer. As for Sindoor, there she is Pamela Singhania, a rich socialite always trying to manipulate things. ''So you see they are all quite different and I have to work on my looks a lot. In Sindoor... I have a short wig. In Kaanch I have a jooda, and in Remix I tie my hair into simple plaits and wear specs. So it's fun,'' she adds.

Playing a vamp doesn't really bother her and she finds it very challenging. ''You get to experiment with the different aspects and shades of the character. There is so much to do when you are playing a negative role,'' she explains.

What is truly unbelievable is that with five shows, Bachchani takes out time for her film assignments. Recently she was seen in Nigehbaan and Chand Sa Roshan Chehra ''and a couple of them are ready for release,'' she responds with a smile to our disbelief. Coming to theatres soon are Aatma by the Ramsey Brothers, Ashish Chanan's Dreams and Mashooqa. ''There is no time for anything but work - and it can be like that only if you love what you do,'' she states. The more the merrier is what Usha seems to believe in!

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=125284