Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 18 years ago

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/166685. Do not post any comments here, as they will be deleted. Post all comments at the link provided.

Amrapali overjoyed

Friday, December 30, 2005 | Television

Diksha of Ek Ladki…to act alongside Rajesh Khanna and Maushmi Chatterjee

Kunal M Shah

Amrapali aka Diksha of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is on cloud nine these days. She has just shot for her new show with film veterans Rajesh Khanna and Maushmi Chatterjee, titled Raghukul Reet Sada Chali Aayee.
The show is being directed by Siddarth Nagar.

Amrapali says, "My track in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is now over. Morover, Aruna Irani's Dorr is not happening anymore. So, I obviously jumped with joy when Siddarth Nagar called me for this show. I have known him for many years now. Plus, he wanted me to play Rajesh Khanna's grand daughter which I eagerly accepted."

She adds, "Although I can't reveal anything at this point of time, I am glad that I got to work with Rajesh Khanna. Very few people get the privilege to work with a superstar like him. I was very nervous before I shot with him but he is a fantastic person to work with. Ditto for Maushmi Chatterjee, she is an amazing person."

Amrapali also adds, "I am also doing one more show with Rajshri Productions and am looking forward to that. All I can say is that I will start shooting in January for the show."

Edited by Princess - 18 years ago
Innocent_Bachi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Tanvi Azmi replaced in Sindoor Tere Naam Ka

Tanvi Azmi is out of Sindoor Tere Naam Ka of Zee TV, Kiran Joneja is replacing her. Kiran, who's married to director Ramsh Sippy, is very much on the social circuit. But TV buffs remember her most for her performance in Buniyaad. That was a number of years ago. But we think Kiran seems all set to make a mark on the small screen once again.
Kiran Juneja says, "I got drawn to the character when the producers narrated the role to me and it was only later on that I came to know that I would be replacing Tanvi."

Tanvi said, "Yeah I won't be doing the show and there were just a couple of things and date problems. We were not able to sort those things and they were asking for more dates which I did not have."

Kinnari Mehta, the producer of the show confirmed the news, "Yes Tanvi Azmi is not with the show anymore but we have no hard feelings. Maybe she was not cut out for a daily soap. So, we decided to have someone who is used to doing television. We amicably conveyed the news to her and there are no bad feelings

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/167567. Do not post any comments here, as they will be deleted.

"Serials are my bread n butter, but theatre's my sweet dish"

Jayati Bhatia's claim to fame was Kanyadaan on Sony where she played the central character (Kavita) and later was seen as Bindiya on Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi as Jassi's confidante. This theatre actor was introduced to TV by none other than Ekta Kapoor way back in 1997 and from then on there has been no looking back for this hotpot of talent, who's almost completed a decade in the industry.

Kavita Shyam caught up with Jayati Bhatia for a heart to heart chat.

How did you venture into this profession?
I was into theatre while studying in Delhi besides, I was an Odissi dancer and recepient of the National scholarship from the Ministry of Culture for three years in a row. I joined theatre under Ibrahim Alkazi and came to Mumbai in 1997 and got into television.

And how did television happen to you?
I got Itihaas which was my first serial and the character I played (Vandana) went from being positive to a negative person. Followed by Kanyadaan which was a brilliant role with me being the central character in the show, to the extent that I got every family in the country wanting a daughter like Kavita in the show.
Simultaneously, I also did Tu Tu Main Main where I played (Kumud) a comic role and had a wonderful experience working with Sachin and Supriya who are extremely talented. Then Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin happened where Bindiya became a rage along with the show. The nerdy character who had an expert comment to give to the whole world was someone we could find in every office! I did Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii where I played Dr Shweta, which was a negative character.
Somewhere in between, I did Kutumb where I learnt that one should not take up any role without getting to know the details of it. I was a supporting cast with nothing much to do.

Tell us about your association with the Balaji family?
Ekta and Shobha aunty have introduced me to television and what I am today is because of Balaji. I met Ekta when I came to Mumbai and thankfully she knew Alkazi with whom I had done theatre in Delhi; besides Shobha aunty saw my scenes and increased my role as she thought I was extremely talented. So somehow I got things at the right time and everything fell into place!

What made you take up Celebrity Fame Gurukul?
Honestly, I am not 'besuri' and I think I have a good ear to pick up rhythm and melody but had no ability to sing. Besides it was all in the name of charity and I got a platform to sing and perform. For me, serials are my bread and butter but theatre's my sweet dish!

Tell us about your experiences on stage?
I did Katiya Bai of Karmali Terrace by Alyque Padamse which is loosely based on Padamse's mother's life who was suffering from Alzheimer's. I got to play all age groups from 12 to 70 year olds, The show was held at Prithvi film festival last year while Vagina Monologues (Mahabanoo Mody's play) has been an amazing experience and has been well received in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai. My husband cried when we he read the literature of the Monologues and encouraged me to take up the role besides Mahabanoo had come to me at a time when all the actors had rejected it as was too bold a subject. I have worked with Rahul Dacunha, Feroz Khan, Vikram Kapadia, Alyque Padamse and now Mahabanoo too.

How did you adjust to life in Mumbai coming from Delhi?
My husband (Kiran Bhatia, Executive Producer) pushed me to come to Mumbai. I met my husband when I was working in a play in Delhi and that is when I realized I could become an actor. I had my husband who fully supported me in every step of my life, besides both of us are workaholics.

What else is in the pipleline for you?
I am doing Sinndoor where I play Titli Mami, a very Punjabi character who keeps saying 'Death hee ho jayegi' and she keeps making devious plans but makes an ass of herself in the process. I am also doing Viraasat (Star Plus' forthcoming show) where I play Aman Verma and Rohit Roy's mother. This is the kind of role that gives me a kick, wherein some find her negative, some adamant and many find her loving.

Now I am looking forward to doing challenging films and completely negative characters which go beyond rolling the eyes and making faces or simply crying.

Posted on 3 January 2006 3:30
memsaab thumbnail

Sachhin Shroff

Sachin changes name...
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 | Television

...But life for him hasn't 'chhanged' at all

There seems to be a name changing epidemic among TV actors these days. After Bakhtyaar Irani, it's Sachin Shroff aka Dhruv of Sinndoor who has added an extra H to his name in hope of turning his fortunes around. Where some actors have done it on the insistence of numerologists, Sachhin doesn't seem to have any particular reason for doing so. "I changed the spelling long time back because my guruji advised me," he says. So did life change for him post the change? "No, nothing much has changed. Life is as it was earlier, except that Sinndoor happened." But the actor can't count on it as his track in Sinndoor has come to an end. "No, my track should be back," he assures. Surprisingly, the new serial in which (Dorr, to be produced by Aroona Irani for Sony' Sab) he was to play the lead has also been delayed. Recently, the actor's cell phone was submerged in water, but he managed to salvage his phone. Well, after all this, we wonder if he should get back to his earlier spelling.
sweet n sour thumbnail

For comments please visit:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/167313

i think rahul might cum bak. this will create further turmoil for tara

read the 4th paragraph of the article below posted by xen 10 in another forum.

Mamta's on Anand's mind

Anand Suryavanshi returns to Mamta

Anand Suryavanshi is all set to play the lead in Shobhna Desai's Mamta to be launched on Zee next Monday. But not many know that he had initially rejected the role. "I was offered a role in Mamta shortly after I took up Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka. The dates that were required for Mamta clashed with Sinndoor. Since I had signed on for Sinndoor first, I did not do Mamta."

It is understood that the channel was not happy with Anand playing an important role in Mamta. "I was offered Mamta last February. At that time, I was a new face at the channel. But they did not object to my not doing Mamta. In fact, it was left to me to do whatever serial I wanted to."

Later, the role went to Sameer Sharma, but he opted out. Then Rohit Bakshi (who plays Shikhar in Kahanii Ghar Ghar Kii and Shabbir in Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai) was offered the same role, but he too did not take it. "I had Kahanii… so I couldn't take that up," says Rohit. So eventually, it went to Suryavanshi again.  

This is the third serial that Suryavanshi will do on Zee. He did Sinndoor (where his character was killed, but may be revived) and was also part of Saat Phere for sometime before he was replaced.

We only hope that his character in Mamta is here to stay.

Edited by srk_rulz - 18 years ago
Innocent_Bachi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Niharika (Kirti Kelkar) of Sinndoor in the palki which was used by Meena Kumari in Pakeezah
Elaborate marriage (and remarriage) ceremonies may be commonplace in soaps but what's unique about Niharika's (Kirti Kelkar) wedding to Rudra (Sharad Kelkar) in the Zee daily Sinndoor – Tere Naam Ke is the palki. It was the same that was used by the late actress Meena Kumari in Kamal Amrohi's film Pakeezah (1971).

"As we wanted a full-on traditional wedding for Niharika, we were on the lookout for a quaint, yet well-known palki for the shoot," says producer Kinnari Mehtaa.

"The palki was procured from Kamalistan (Amrohi's studios) and the authorities confirmed that it was the same which was used in Pakeezah," claims Mehtaa. "The palki still remains in tact after all these decades post the film."

Sinndoor's newlyweds Niharika (Kirti Kelkar) and Rudra (Sharad Kelkar)
The Sinndoor team was so overwhelmed by the palkhi done up in gold and silver that they paid Rs 20,000 as hire charges for a single scene.

"It added a special tinge of nostalgia and made it the USP of Niharika's wedding sequence. We transported it to Space Studios, Goreagaon, where the wedding was shot from Kamalistan Studios," informs Mehtaa.

Interestingly, Sharad and Kirti are a real-life married couple, "so the wedding scene had that touch of realism. For them it was like marrying all over again and they were willing to go to any length for the post-wedding scenes," laughs Mehtaa.

Those who tune into this Zee daily will recall that Titli (Jayati Bhatia) spills the beans to Kavita Raizada (Tanvi Azmi), saying Kavita's husband Virendra (Naresh Suri) cheated her and that Rudra is his son from the other woman Sundri (Sumukhi Pendse). That makes Niharika, who has dumped Antariksh (Prachin Chauhan), Virendra's son from Kavita.

Sinndoor, produced by actor-turned producer Jay Mehtaa, has Vedika (Gurdip Kohli), the elder daughter-in-law of the Raizadas, and her phobia for sindoor besides the wheeling-dealings of the family.
sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/171437. Do not post any comments here. They will be deleted.

After Amit Sadh and Neeru Bajwa's (Roses all the way for Amit, Neeru) decision to tie the wedding knot later this year, Kirti Gaikwad (remember the petite protagonist of Zee's short lived Kammal ) and Sharad Kelkar of CID are following suit. While the couple decides to do the marital formalities in June in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, they continue to keep themselves busy with their work.

Kirti has taken up the role of Niharika in Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka to be launched on Zee TV next week.

Sharad Kelkar - love on the CID sets?

Kirti - from Kammal to Niharika

and Sharad continues to play the cop Jihaan in CID Special Bureau. So how did romance come into the picture?

"I was to do CID Special Bureau. But things did not work out and I was not a part of it. I was so upset with this that I decided to go back to my hometown to Kanpur. That was when Sharad came into the picture. He helped me deal with my depression," reveals Kirti.

Kirti has done Aakrosh, Kahiin To Hoga, Jay Santoshi Maa and Yatra apart from two launch episodes of Siddhanth. She will also be seen in Pretty Woman, a one hour special on Star One next week. She has also been doing theatre since childhood. Her latest project was Gulam Begam Baadshah with Ekjute Productions.

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

For comments plz visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/171442. Do not post ANY comments here. They will be deleted.

Need to look good for myself first, says the attractive telly star, Gurdeep

Women on the telly, be it a saas, a bahu or a VJ, adorn the best clothes, wear the perfect make up and look absolutely stunning. We caught up with one such beauty - Gurdeep Kohli aka Dr. Juhi but minus the make up and the gorgeous costumes. Dressed casually in denims and a white and blue top, Gurdeep spoke about the importance of beauty - in life and relationships.

What beauty means to me...
My definition of beauty is two fold. Firstly, beauty is a state of mind. One needs to be content and happy from within. This automatically makes a person look good. When I am happy, it shows on my face. I feel that I'm looking nice. Even people around me tell me that I'm looking fresh and pretty. Similarly, when I'm in a bad mood it shows on my face. The concept of inner beauty may sound clichUbut it has depth and meaning.

Secondly, one needs to look beautiful from the outside also. When I meet someone, the looks attract me first. By good looks I don't mean macho, muscled men or gelled hair. There needs to be something appealing and attractive about the person. The person should have some substance. The way we conduct ourselves in public, the way we talk, behave, the poise, the confidence - all this together can make one look attractive. Besides that, of course things like exercise, the way you take care of your skin, the way you dress up, hygiene, all of these contribute to one's personality.

If I were to spend an evening with someone...
...I would make sure I look beautiful. I need to look good for myself first. If I have to do a bit extra for someone else, I don't mind. So, whether I'm going out with a guy or just meeting friends, I would do everything that will make me look beautiful.

Assuming I have enough time, I'll first make sure I have done my workout in the morning. Then I would go for a body massage, a manicure and a pedicure. I feel small things like well-manicured nails, hair that is washed well and smells good are very important. I would wear a nice dress that complements my body. Wear a lovely perfume, minimum make-up (I don't like too much make up!) and appropriate jewellery. All in all, I'll make sure I look impressive to others.

Looking good is very important to me...
I love dressing up for occasions. I love getting complements! But the key is to not dress up like a doll but to enhance what one is good at. For example, people like my simplicity. They like me more when I am very simply dressed. Mind you, simply but adequately dressed. I'm also a total beauty freak especially when it comes to treatments, spas and salons!

Beauty is important in a relationship...
Again, by beauty I don't mean having beautiful eyes, or a perfect nose, etc. It means being attractive, appealing and presentable. The basic intellect to have a meaningful conversation is very important. After all, these things last much longer than physical beauty. But that doesn't mean we don't take care of ourselves! We should always give ample attention to our bodies. For example, I don't like men who are not well dressed or have potbellies!

So when one is in a relationship, these small things matter a lot. Everyone wants to be with a good looking, presentable and confident person. It only strengthens the relationship further.

Tips for readers...
You don't need to look like a Miss India, but make sure you look presentable. You may be very well read or brilliant at something else. But that doesn't mean you dress shabbily! I am a model and an actor but at I get so impressed by people who are dress well, who have poise, who move around with confidence. All these things will surely make you look beautiful and get you all the attention!

My beauty secrets...
I wear a lot of M.A.C and Make Up Forever. When I'm looking really tired I use the M.A.C Studio Fix and then dab my face with M.A.C powder. I like to do up my eyes with a lot of kajal and mascara. I love silver jewellery and am especially fond of long earrings. My favourite colours are blue and purple and am most comfortable in jeans and tops. My favourite brands remain Gap, Giordano and Diesel.

trisha!! thumbnail
For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/172166 Do not post any comments here. Thanks 😊   The doctor says...

Gurdip Kohli in New Delhi. Photo: Sandeep Saxena.
LONG AFTER Gurdip Kohli closes her conversation with you, the aftertaste lingers. Soft-spoken, a dash of nasal intonation in her say, dignified expressions, poised actions and of all, that cherubic beam. She is indeed like a whiff of sterilized air that you wish to breathe in more and more. Not that she is any different in her solitary small screen role in "Sanjeevani - A Medical Boon". Dr. Juhi of this Star Plus prime-time rollout is that innocent, captivating small-town girl blessed with a heart of gold and an angelic smile. A heartbreaker and most times heartbroken herself, a wronged persona thus winning all the viewer sympathy for herself. And, bridging this gap between the real and reel self, this 23-year-old Mumbaikar finds a correlation: "Personally, I am a sensitive person and Juhi's characterisation as receptive and responsive to her surroundings brings us to the same platform. And, like her, I am a family person. I could make Juhi look real thus." Perhaps here lies the answer of her mass public gaze in this garb than her modelling assignments, 60 of which she had done before joining "Sanjeevani". Though not formally trained in acting, Gurdip, in New Delhi recently, says she always used to imitate people at home. "While doing a serial, you are acting almost everyday and that helps you in improving your skills," she says. Unlike many tele-actors, she insists on her "own private time" and so is not interested in featuring in more than one soap at a time. "If you overstretch yourself there is no fun in it. At least you should have some time to wait and think too". But this lone telly performance has given her all that an actor normally looks around for. Besides common viewers' attention, it seemed to have also grabbed the notice of filmmakers. "I have been getting good film offers from respected banners. But I am not in a hurry to jump into films. I want to give it some thought," this one-time graphic designer states. Odd, one feels. With some many instances in front of you, you almost believe that it has to be the obvious trend. But, looking at this poise incarnate, you can pardon her even for a greater slip.

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

For comments please visit: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/172489 Do not post any comments here, they will be deleted. Thanks 😊

Gurdeep Kohli and Arjun Punjj
Lovers Gurdeep Kohli (Sanjivani, Sinndoor) and Arjun Punjj (Sanjivani, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki) have brought their love nest on the fourteenth floor in Samarthdeep, located little away from Barista at Adarsh Nagar in Andheri.

Shaadi ke baad

The couple will shift into their dream house, soon after marriage, which in Gurdeep's words is "about six months away."

The house was chosen, selected and bought by the couple. The apartment in Samarthdeep scored over others because it gave positive vibes to Arjun and Gurdeep. "We really didn't see much before arriving at Samarthdeep. This flat exuded energy and positivity, and that made our decision easier."

Samarthdeep building at Adarsh Nagar where Gurdip Kohli and Arjun Punjj have bought a flat (encircled)
Three-month wait

The two-BHK apartment which is being currently done up by Rajan Dighe and will be ready for the couple to move in after three months.

"But we will not stay in our new abode until we tie the knot," emphasises Gurdeep, who is currently staying with her parents in a joint family at Santa Cruz (East).

"We asked Dighe to do up our aashiana because he has done one of my relative's house and we were very impressed with his work," she reveals.

Keen on Andheri

Arjun currently stays in Arena, which is virtually a stone's throw away from the their soon-to-be-home at Samarthdeep. The actor wasn't keen on leaving the Andheri area as he has lots of friends in the neighbourhood.

"Arjun can still meet his friends and be near them, he will just need to commute a bit more," says Gurdeep. And was she okay with that? "I think it's fair. Also, this area is extremely well-connected, plus it's close to where we shoot, so we'll save lots of time and energy that we would've otherwise spent on commuting," she adds.

Mangni ho gayi

The duo got officially engaged about six months ago. "We had a very quiet affair, which was attended by only close relatives from both sides. After the engagement, our commitment towards each other has multiplied by leaps and bounds," says Gurdeep.