Of Chuhaa Traps, and Butterfly Chasing!

Posted: 12 years ago
Finally a day that I caught the episode in time - even if not in best quality - so here go today's rambles. 

Mohan Nanhi scene - obviously the highlight of the episode for the subtlety and undertones in such a seemingly harmless and adorable interaction... I love the profound traces of their scenes, which are never preachy, and absolutely never dragged - clean and crisp and always so cute! To the chemistry between the child artist and Kunal - πŸ‘

From the very start of the scene - Nanhi's latest gambhir soch vichaar walk on the terrace πŸ˜† to sighting the bell and ringing it promptly; to Mohan peeking from his window, postponing the call, jumping across the houses and reaching "destination" - I LOVE how Nanhi keenly watches him scale to and fro every single time. She's like this pocketful of sunshine goodluck for both Mohan and Megha, in different ways. In Mohan's life, she's this unadulterated "self-assumed and hence accepted equal" who watches out for him, has his back - even though in logical terms she should be, and could be no match for him! Still, she will tie hanky knots for him, send those quick prayers up to her Ganpati exclusively in Mohan's name, watch him until he's done all his Spiderman-giri to reach back his balcony safe and sound, ring the bell to bid him goodbyes and goodnights! His days have found a fresh new feature - Nanhi, who will pop up out of nowhere like a repeated reminder of being innocent and pure, like a good deed which doesn't seek out reaping benefits! 

So anyway - the little chat between unspoken but accepted "equals" - like aww at the way she makes a point of exchanging spots and Mohan's smile at her harkat!!! He makes my heart giggle like a girl when he gives those fond little smiles reserved for Nanhi, knowing he's wrapped round her finger, and lets himself be, because in an odd way he can't explain, she brings him this exclusive affection in a world that he has long resigned to believe of being contriving and scheming! And then the advice exchange takes places. I like how the writers bring out both examples through "animal" parallels. Making Tanu a chuha πŸ€£ and Megha a butterfly! The little bit with Nanhi jumping back at the sight of the rat-catcher - πŸ˜† - and Mohan picking on it to tease her even if just a little! They are SUCH equals when it comes to all these silly antics, because Nanhi is a little girl at the end of it all, and a part of Mohan as we all know never really grew up from being a bratty boy πŸ˜† Adorable, adorable, oh so much! 

Overall such a satisfying scene that leaves me with a smile and much contentment! Sigh - what a bond! 

@ Megha-Nanhi scene in the kitchen - I love how Megha explains why they can't just go and accuse Tanu, and I love even more how Nanhi understands the predicament. She is- despite being that little girl who thinks of butterflies for solutions and cringes at rat catchers - a kid who has matured beyond her age. And it shows how she constantly deems to become a pillar for her mother, much beyond her 8 years. The way she will go to the end to seek out justice is just like her mother of course, only with greater fire given her young years which haven't worn out as much as Megha's. 

@ Sanjay - oh he cuts such a small and sorry figure for himself. Like Fivraa said in the last thread, there is no denying how his situations have been somewhat unfair to him ... but then the fact that he is such a compulsive pessimist does nothing to improve the circumstance. As for Renu still going on about the fake "ijjat" and what not - apni to apni, us lafange Tanu ki bhi πŸ˜² - for all the times that I know where she is coming from, today she cut a disgusting new low into her irresponsibility as a wife, and a mother. 

@ the whole Tanu getting caught red handed and let off so easy - πŸ€¬ The person I want to hate on THE MOST here is MIL. How the hell could she stand in that place and hear Renu go on about her MOST laadla Amar the way that woman did?! Seriously?! If all her hating of Megha is because of Amar's loss - does the woman have not a bone in her spine to stand up for that same son?! Unbelievable is not even word enough. She just made me plain mad by being a silent - partially acquiescing onlooker today - not only does she not deserve a DIL like Megha, I have begun to doubt if she ever deserved a son like Amar. Tanu is a jerk and his good for nothing babbling mother knew it the second she saw that money in his hands, that he was stealing indeed. The eye exchange between them said it all. Nanhi was her usual bravado - but what really made me glad was Megha defending her daughter and not just giving in. I LOVE that about her - despite having submitted to so much else of circumstances, she is not the one to be walked over with blames that aren't hers to bear. And somewhere, Mohan has been constantly responsible for more than usual exercise of this self defense trait! 

Overall - a well rounded episode. Missed Guru of course, and dear little piddi - but star of the day was Nanhi for sure. Mohan toh hai hi, star of the show β­οΈ

---

Btw - despite how long this post has become, I want to add something that occurred to me while watching the FB's in today's episodes from yesterday's showdown. A double meaning attached to the brief but precise dialogue that was executed by Megha. I was thinking of how every point that Megha made about Amar before Mohan, held true for the latter. She told him how he was the kind of man who'd go out at odd hours and for days, not caring about himself or his priority to help out neighbours - and I was suddenly thinking of that was EXACTLY what Mohan did for Nanhi. Then she was telling him how his good deeds were never about propaganda or getting credit, about about the deed itself - and it was like a glaring point; because there was Mohan, facing her, hearing all this, the man solely responsible as her equal, if not greater, aid to have found Nanhi and never spoken a word of it. Never expected a thanks, not demanded gratitude, and certainly not credit - in fact, as he told Guru on the kite flying day, he gave no shit about "credit-debit" πŸ˜† I was thinking how I'd missed to draw that parallel yesterday - but how well written those lines coming from Megha were, doubly so, now that I see how they fit both Amar and Mohan, in the respective ways. Somewhere I think Megha might be compelled to remember her own words, and picture Mohan in the slot which had been intended as a description for Amar. 

---
And that's that. The precap isn't extra eventful for a Friday, but I suppose that's only a start scene - there's going to be some cliffhanger about breaking this MM stalemate, and then until Monday... 

xx
JZee
Wonderful post! 

Your observation on yesterday's scene drawing parallels between Amar and Mohan is too good. They are totally different people in the attitude and approach but how the basic good qualities are just almost the same. When we couldn't co-relate it, even though we know more than the Vyas family, then surely Megha and her family will take much longer time to see good aspects of Mohan. 

Coming to today's Mohan-Nanhi scene, so much has been said already. I liked how Nanhi made Mohan stand up, while she heard his problem sitting in the place where Mohan was sitting. I was reminded of a story of Lord Shiva getting gyan from his son Lord Muruga. He made Lord Shiva to sit down like a disciple, while he sat like a Teacher with full authority. 

i like your title good job zeeπŸ‘πŸΌ
Tanu chuha yes he is.πŸ˜†

Nanhi Mohan scene always best .

@yes subha

mohan and Amar Attitude ka to koi mail milap nahi he durr durr tak nahi he πŸ˜† but heart  almost same.

but hamare mohan kiapni style hein...Amar ki apni style thi.

mujey to mohan ki style pasand he 😊 wo kya he na jaada sugar khane se diabetes ho jaati he.πŸ˜†

JZee..πŸ€—
Awesome Analysis of the epi by u dear..πŸ‘πŸ€—
The title of ur post is too perfect..!!!!

Originally posted by JZephyr

---

Btw - despite how long this post has become, I want to add something that occurred to me while watching the FB's in today's episodes from yesterday's showdown. A double meaning attached to the brief but precise dialogue that was executed by Megha. I was thinking of how every point that Megha made about Amar before Mohan, held true for the latter. She told him how he was the kind of man who'd go out at odd hours and for days, not caring about himself or his priority to help out neighbours - and I was suddenly thinking of that was EXACTLY what Mohan did for Nanhi. Then she was telling him how his good deeds were never about propaganda or getting credit, about about the deed itself - and it was like a glaring point; because there was Mohan, facing her, hearing all this, the man solely responsible as her equal, if not greater, aid to have found Nanhi and never spoken a word of it. Never expected a thanks, not demanded gratitude, and certainly not credit - in fact, as he told Guru on the kite flying day, he gave no shit about "credit-debit" πŸ˜† I was thinking how I'd missed to draw that parallel yesterday - but how well written those lines coming from Megha were, doubly so, now that I see how they fit both Amar and Mohan, in the respective ways. Somewhere I think Megha might be compelled to remember her own words, and picture Mohan in the slot which had been intended as a description for Amar. 

---
And that's that. The precap isn't extra eventful for a Friday, but I suppose that's only a start scene - there's going to be some cliffhanger about breaking this MM stalemate, and then until Monday... 

xx
JZee

Fantastic point, JzeeπŸ‘πŸ‘...It never occured to me either until you just mentioned it...Amar is painted as such an angel by Megha and the show in general that you find it hard to associate Mohan with those qualities given his surface brusque, carefree nature...but now that you point it out, it's so true...He shares those qualities...He HAS that golden heart...He DOESN'T care to go around being known as mahaan no matter what he does for someone...but Megha can't see that right now...the haze of Mohan's "arey yaar, abey, sun naa" type phrases are clouding her ability to see through to the man he actually is.

Btw taking off on your discussion with jheel or was it Mru yesterday about Mohan and his untied shoelaces...this pic reminded me of thatπŸ˜†

Finally a day that I caught the episode in time - even if not in best quality - so here go today's rambles.

Mohan Nanhi scene - obviously the highlight of the episode for the subtlety and undertones in such a seemingly harmless and adorable interaction... I love the profound traces of their scenes, which are never preachy, and absolutely never dragged - clean and crisp and always so cute! To the chemistry between the child artist and Kunal - πŸ‘ True that! I love love love the way both interact. Mohan's never "preachy" and Nanhi's never talking "silly" even though she's just an 8 year old kid. The writers have done a commendable job with development of these two characters and their relationship and the screen writer has done an equally good job giving each of them lines that suit their character's personality, age and overall situation. And of course Ashnoor and Kunal bring out the best with their performance time and time again.

From the very start of the scene - Nanhi's latest gambhir soch vichaar walk on the terrace πŸ˜† to sighting the bell and ringing it promptly; to Mohan peeking from his window, postponing the call, jumping across the houses and reaching "destination" - I LOVE how Nanhi keenly watches him scale to and fro every single time. She's like this pocketful of sunshine goodluck for both Mohan and Megha, in different ways. In Mohan's life, she's this unadulterated "self-assumed and hence accepted equal" who watches out for him, has his back - even though in logical terms she should be, and could be no match for him! Still, she will tie hanky knots for him, send those quick prayers up to her Ganpati exclusively in Mohan's name, watch him until he's done all his Spiderman-giri to reach back his balcony safe and sound, ring the bell to bid him goodbyes and goodnights! His days have found a fresh new feature - Nanhi, who will pop up out of nowhere like a repeated reminder of being innocent and pure, like a good deed which doesn't seek out reaping benefits!  Love how you described it in your words JZ.

So anyway - the little chat between unspoken but accepted "equals" - like aww at the way she makes a point of exchanging spots and Mohan's smile at her harkat!!! He makes my heart giggle like a girl when he gives those fond little smiles reserved for Nanhi, knowing he's wrapped round her finger, and lets himself be, because in an odd way he can't explain, she brings him this exclusive affection in a world that he has long resigned to believe of being contriving and scheming! And then the advice exchange takes places. I like how the writers bring out both examples through "animal" parallels. Making Tanu a chuha πŸ€£ and Megha a butterfly! The little bit with Nanhi jumping back at the sight of the rat-catcher - πŸ˜† - and Mohan picking on it to tease her even if just a little! They are SUCH equals when it comes to all these silly antics, because Nanhi is a little girl at the end of it all, and a part of Mohan as we all know never really grew up from being a bratty boy πŸ˜† Adorable, adorable, oh so much!  Yes Super adorable! Every time they come on screen together, I find myself rooting for them both...lol it's like sitting for a game and rooting your favorite team. Mohan-Nanhi are my favorite team on this show.πŸ˜†

Overall such a satisfying scene that leaves me with a smile and much contentment! Sigh - what a bond! 

@ Megha-Nanhi scene in the kitchen - I love how Megha explains why they can't just go and accuse Tanu, and I love even more how Nanhi understands the predicament. She is- despite being that little girl who thinks of butterflies for solutions and cringes at rat catchers - a kid who has matured beyond her age. And it shows how she constantly deems to become a pillar for her mother, much beyond her 8 years. The way she will go to the end to seek out justice is just like her mother of course, only with greater fire given her young years which haven't worn out as much as Megha's. Oh yeah this was a nice scene as well. You see so many shades within this mother-daughter relationship and even in the individual characters of Megha and nanhi.

@ Sanjay - oh he cuts such a small and sorry figure for himself. Like Fivraa said in the last thread, there is no denying how his situations have been somewhat unfair to him ... but then the fact that he is such a compulsive pessimist does nothing to improve the circumstance. As for Renu still going on about the fake "ijjat" and what not - apni to apni, us lafange Tanu ki bhi πŸ˜² - for all the times that I know where she is coming from, today she cut a disgusting new low into her irresponsibility as a wife, and a mother. Ughhh don't even get me started on this trio. The dad is one heck of a pessimist, the mother is venom spewing selfish woman and the son is a big-headed trout!🀬  Nothing can come out of either of them. meh!

@ the whole Tanu getting caught red handed and let off so easy - πŸ€¬ The person I want to hate on THE MOST here is MIL. How the hell could she stand in that place and hear Renu go on about her MOST laadla Amar the way that woman did?! Seriously?! If all her hating of Megha is because of Amar's loss - does the woman have not a bone in her spine to stand up for that same son?! Unbelievable is not even word enough. She just made me plain mad by being a silent - partially acquiescing onlooker today - not only does she not deserve a DIL like Megha, I have begun to doubt if she ever deserved a son like Amar. Tanu is a jerk and his good for nothing babbling mother knew it the second she saw that money in his hands, that he was stealing indeed. The eye exchange between them said it all. Nanhi was her usual bravado - but what really made me glad was Megha defending her daughter and not just giving in. I LOVE that about her - despite having submitted to so much else of circumstances, she is not the one to be walked over with blames that aren't hers to bear. And somewhere, Mohan has been constantly responsible for more than usual exercise of this self defense trait! WORD @ sour-faced MIL. Ughhh she's just so annoying. How come it took for the FIL to come and stop Renu's rant about Amar while she just stood there giving off crazy sour looks to Megha?! All she does is perpetually blame Megha for anything and everything. ughhh annoying, useless lady.😑

Overall - a well rounded episode. Missed Guru of course, and dear little piddi - but star of the day was Nanhi for sure. Mohan toh hai hi, star of the show β­οΈ Definitely missed Guru. Hopefully, they'll show him tomorrow and even little Addu.

---

Oh good one JZ!πŸ‘  and Word to everything you said about the parallels between Amar and Mohan. Amar might have been the righteous man who followed all the right rules and laws and did the right thing but Mohan is no less different. He might not do the stuff in the "right" way and within those set "rules" or whatever but he is no less gem of a person than him. His way of helping others, being self-less and understanding is unique to himself. Amar's picture is being painted as being "idealistic" while Mohan's figure is being shown in a rather "realistic" way.

---

xx
JZee
Edited by Ramy25 - 12 years ago

---

πŸ‘...I so agree with this bit and i wanted to say sumthing similar yesterday but then forgot πŸ˜†...Megha has that veil of her initial perception of Mohan covering her senses atm and even if somewhere she does know she is wrong she wont accept it and i think the day that veil lifts  she will remember her words and how they fit Mohan compltly even tho they were intended for Amar...she is just looking at the book and judging by the cover and not trying to read even the synopsis to c if its ne gudπŸ˜†

Fab Post Jzee
Edited by rdfan - 12 years ago
awww honey Awesome Analysis :D
JZee:

Love reading your posts. Sorry for being a little lazy to not login and say that. 😊

"A double meaning attached to the brief but precise dialogue that was executed by Megha. I was thinking of how every point that Megha made about Amar before Mohan, held true for the latter. She told him how he was the kind of man who'd go out at odd hours and for days, not caring about himself or his priority to help out neighbours - and I was suddenly thinking of that was "EXACTLY what Mohan did for Nanhi. Then she was telling him how his good deeds were never about propaganda or getting credit, about about the deed itself - and it was like a glaring point; because there was Mohan, facing her, hearing all this, the man solely responsible as her equal, if not greater, aid to have found Nanhi and never spoken a word of it. Never expected a thanks, not demanded gratitude, and certainly not credit - in fact, as he told Guru on the kite flying day, he gave no shit about "credit-debit" πŸ˜† I was thinking how I'd missed to draw that parallel yesterday - but how well written those lines coming from Megha were, doubly so, now that I see how they fit both Amar and Mohan, in the respective ways. Somewhere I think Megha might be compelled to remember her own words, and picture Mohan in the slot which had been intended as a description for Amar. "

WOW ... Absolutely Awesome Comparison 😊

Edited by an12345678 - 12 years ago