•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey, I'm actually writing an essay on "Love" which I have never done before, and it's a pretty neat topic if you think about it. So I'd just like to hear some opinions if you guys don't mind. Topic on love is that what is true love? Is it just based on fantasy or does it actually exist?

I was going to include Romeo and Juliet in my essay about love, but their love didn't last for long, so I can't really add them in it. I always actually thought that love was unconditional, but yesterday after talking with my English teacher about it, she told me how she doesn't believe it's unconditional, and I had to also change my opinion about it. Now I think that it only exists in fantasy. You really can't sacrifice yourself for someone else's sake, especially if they are doing the wrong thing.

Please feel free to express your opinions :)
Edited by -Ayeshaa- - 12 years ago

Hey Nice topic :)

Yes I think it does not exist in real world. it only lasts when one or both of them has to compromise with ther life such as if guy is busy the girl has to compromise of if girl is busy guy will...and jst on compromises any relation can lasts forever but we can't call them Love. so i think it lasts only in movies and books. Not in our world which is sad but true to accept. :)
@sweety90, thanks for your opinion, it means a lot :) and yeah I have to agree with you on that, true love is hard to find, and for some just impossible. There are a lot of commitments that come with such a relationship. This world is no ways heaven-like, to find true love, we would definitely have to be living fantasy.
@ Santo.Dharamraj, thanks for your opinion, and I definitely agree with it, parents and kids relationship definitely consist of pure love, as it has trust and understanding tied to it. Yup, couples that break up once, never really were in 'true love' in the first place.
I think true love exits I believe in soulmate and all that
It depends what is true love?? For me it means to see my patner happy bring that smile on his face and if that means to do something that I don't like then be so of course he is not going to ask me to do somthi g stupid it's not a compromise either because when I see a smile on his face I smile too and vice versa with him as well He does things that I like just so that I'll be happy it doesn't mean I burden him or he is compromising I know for sure that I have found my soulmate and being with him completes me

@ trupat, thanks for your opinion, and you're right it all really depends on us, if we can choose a companion who's character is good then obviously he/she won't tell us to do wrong. Bringing happiness to others without asking anything in return is definitely showing true love.

There is love but unlike films...the films is short and life longer then films..and films is acting..but life have many think to learn from..
becouse the love is not all things...the man should know that the way of thinking of man is not same of women. and women should know that the way of thinking of women is not same of man...and the ethics is the the secret of good life..there is many books and thing in this domain..
like the book:  women are from mars and men are from venus..it is a good book.
Thank you..
🥺The real love is after marriage not before..
True love does not have a happy ending
Because true love never ends.

❤️

It depends on a persons defination of love. Love can be for family friens and more. Honestly in love ppl say i cud die for her/him. But in my opinion i wud live for the person coz the person who is no more wud nvr wish for u to die. 
And evn if ppl say if she/he is no more i wud die, i wud think the person is crazy, honestly very crazy. NO ONE, honestly NO ONE can love someone as a mother can, whether her child is ugly etc. But have u guys evr seen a mother say if he/she is no more I WUD DIE. 
From my pov. i wud say ur teacher has either been unlucky or she herself don't wanna be in a real relationship. 
The problem today is tht couples have divorce or break up for no reason. The don't try to understand each other they give up on each other. In my opnion yes love is unconditional, unless ur partner nvr understood u or u nvr understood him (also i believe trust is imp)