Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Is Viraj in Love or Obsession with Jhanvi!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

crazygod

crazygod

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Is Viraj in love or Obsession with Jhanvi!

I have many reasons to believe that Viraj is in Obsession, rather than love.

True Love is not a painful obsession. It is not taking a hostage or being a hostage. It is not all-consuming, isolating, or constricting. Love lets you discover life ' Obsession over love does not. Obsessionkeeps your wings tied up ' Love lets you fly. Love is focused and centered on the needs of the beloved. Obsession, in contrast , is self-centered.

1. An instant attraction to romantic interest, usually occurring within the first few minutes of meeting. (Viraj saw Jhanvi outside the college, took pictures and wanted to marry her)
2. An immediate urge to rush into a relationship regardless of compatibility. (The hurried up marriage between them)
3. Feeling the other partner doesn't and shouldn't need to contact, meet, bond and/or speak with others. (keeping her in isolation from the world, no mobile phone, not allowed to step outside the house)
4. Physical or electronic monitoring activities, following a love interest's whereabouts throughout the course of a day to discover daily activities. (Installing video cameras across the house)
5. An overwhelming fear of abandonment, including baseless thoughts of a partner walking out of the relationship in favor of another person. (Threatening her when she asked to keep male servant, and his fears about Sanjay)
6.Neurotic, compulsive behaviors, including rapid telephone calls to love interest's place of residence or workplace. (kept her singing the lori whole night when she went to her house once after marriage.. And next morning he was there even before she got up)
7. Overwhelming feelings of depression (feeling a sense of emptiness inside). A sudden loss of self-esteem, due to the collapse of the relationship. Extreme feelings of self-blame and at times, self-hatred. (his extreme behavior, post he feels Jhanvi saw him at the hotel terrace and feeling that Jhanvi will leave him, or stop loving him)
8. Violent reactions (verbal and physical) directed to the loved one and/or to oneself if the controlled person starts denying the obsessive demands. (His tortures whenever he felt Jhanvi did a mistake as per him)

Obsession and Love has a very thin line, and often confusing, thats why people get trapped in such relationships... 

PEOPLE PLEASE COMMENT. IF YOU FEEL VIRAJ IS IN LOVE, AND CITE EXAMPLES FROM EPISODE TO ILLUSTRATE THIS. 

And if Viraj is not in love with Jhanvi and just obsessive about her, should still Jhanvi take it upon herself to get him healed and go through the torturous process, and destroy her life and put her family's safety at stake. (Since he was behind her father's scam, and then father's heart attack. He is the one planning Siya's marriage forcibly to a guy who is in love with someone else. He also destroyed Siya's love and sent an innocent Sanjay to jail and destroyed his life)... 

Edited by crazygod - 08 February 2012 at 1:42pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

medhahpsritzbitz786INTOXIAHCATEDAnam AliBWSweetu--Flora--Mili27..Naina..sub_rosaxSaiyaaraRoyalLEO_Krrish-SweetDesire-shanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Viraj in Love or Obsession with Jhanvi!" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ritzbitz786

ritzbitz786

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
I agree with you post. I think, just because Viraj is a psych patient, Jhanvi should one last time help him and support him through his treatment, however if he still doesn't change, she does have to watch out for herself.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygod

BWSweetu

Goldie

BWSweetu

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Obsession

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygod

Mili27

Goldie

Mili27

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Jahnvi is a part of Viraj's OCPD. For him everything is an obsession and everyone a possession. Great topic.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygodsub_rosa

RoyalLEO_Krrish

IF-Sizzlerz

RoyalLEO_Krrish

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
@ Crazygod: First of all Very very good topic that you have brought up! Clap I agree in some of ur points but i have my own stand on his actions and also I have my opinions on his Love theory.
1) He is OCPD patient as Mili has mentioned in her post and Jhanvi is eventhough part of his obsession, one can not ignore the love he has for her. There are two things: love and obsessive love. one where u have explained about ur views on loveStarStar very good, but is that a reality? It's more of a fairy tale kind of a love (*please please don't mind my wording I wish no harm to ur thoughts, i respect it.*)
"True Love is not a painful obsession. It is not taking a hostage or being a hostage. It is not all-consuming, isolating, or constricting. Love lets you discover life ' Obsession over love does not. Obsessionkeeps your wings tied up ' Love lets you fly. Love is focused and centered on the needs of the beloved. Obsession, in contrast , is self-centered." all those lines apply only when the person is NORMAL, and most of all he should be that kind who believes in giving up for the love. what if he is the man of 21st century? he won't give up his love,, he wants to WIN his love either by hook or crook! Not everyone is concious about their feelings, not everyone have same morals or ethics when it comes to gaining their love. not everyone treats it like one thoughtful/mature person. It may be possesion for some. & i do blv possesing and gaining the love that u want in ur life is not wrong, as long as the person loves u and flow of love is both ways. coz in the end one has to live w/ the person for the entire life, why one would compromise?
2) Viraj's tattoo scene, u all might think that it is extremely crazy to do such things. but what if i tell u ppl that i don't find it crazy. i find it thoughtful and meaningful way of conveying the mesg to the loved one. It's not a fashion symbol in this case for sure, it's not something that he wants to SHOW off to her family, it was for her. saying:"How much u mean to me!"
Viraj's "Hume tumse pyaar kitna" song sequence and also previously many many times him playing that for her. He doesn't know how to express his feelings that is about it. he just have no clue on how to make her feel that He is the ONE for her. blv or not it's not an easy task to do when u don't know how to express urself and ur fighting w/ urself on how would she/he react when i express myself.. normal ppl do swett, get cold hands, nervousness, stammering when expressing the feel to the loved one. and Viraj is no different when it comes down to expressing the feel.
Remember how he got upset at her when she was staring at him behind newspaper?LOLEmbarrassed "don't u look at me like that, haha coz i don't know how to control my facial expression when u look at me like that"LOLLOL the otherone when changing his clothes after accident, "ab kya sare hath pair todne ka irada hai...chalo jaldi karo.." etc LOLLOL he was not comfortable coz he was able to sense her love and care..Tongue Nyhow those examples showed that it's not entirely his obsession, there is LOVE and that too from both ways..
3) His insecurity is part of OCPD. but the emotions that he went through right after dadi fell down wasn't a complete OCPD effect. he did actually went through a lot in those few moments, infact in today's episode. If it was entirely his obsession why would he go through all that? If it was entirely OCPD effect it would've been portrayed very differently. There was dilemma...omg...she saw me...omg...what have i done?? omg..what if she starts hating me?? what if she leaves me forever?? restless//sleepless behavior.. anxity to know the truth if she has seen me what would she do?? would everything between us be still the same?? would u love me the same way u did before??? would u leave me?? His regret the circumstances that created a big question mark on his and Jhanvi's marriage, his regret on dadi's fall. all these feelings and the conflicts within was not entirely because he is Obsessed about his wife, but it is because he loves her SO MUCH that he can't think of loosing her for a moment too!! He was helpless, he didn't know how to explain her..that it isn't me Jhanvi..i didn't do it..it's like innocent child explaining to his mum that mum i didn't push anyone, she felt down by herself.. he don't need to be worried, if he is too sharp, he can think about any excuse to manipulate her..but why didn't he or why couldn't he think about excuse this time??? the answer to this question is that when ur in love with someone, u don't want to lie to her... blv or not he started to change...
Hope my examples were justified to proove my view that it's true love to the extent of obsession.Embarrassed Again no harm to any of u guys opinions. my views are entirely based on what i have seen. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygodxSaiyaara-SweetDesire-

xSaiyaara

IF-Rockerz

xSaiyaara

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
I do believe its love and not obsession...when he hurts her, its because of his illness but it is clear that it doesn't make him happy to punish her when he does, it seems that for a while he does become someone else, someone who fears losing Janvi...The obsession part only comes in due to the fact that Viraj is alone - possibly abandoned by his true parents since the age of eight and we don't actually know if he killed his adopted parents (and I am not willing to conclude this like Daadi)...and Janvi is everything for him now since he doesnt want to lose love again...

I am actually baffled by the complexity of his character...even more amazed that this is Indian telly handling it and even more impressed by Karanvir's portrayal of Viraj

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygodMili27sub_rosaRoyalLEO_Krrish-SweetDesire-

..Naina..

..Naina..

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
I don't know what else to add cause everyone seems to have said everything LOL But honestly, at this point of time, it still comes off to me as moreso obsession.

Cheers!
Naina

PS: Great topic crazygod, and I loved reading everyone's lengthy responses.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygodMili27

doyelpakhi

Goldie

doyelpakhi

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Is the guy who is marrying Sia is in love with someone else? I think I missed the scene .. I assumed that they guy is marrying her because Viraj ordered him to do so but there is no other girl in this story.

As far Viraj's feelings towards jahnvi is concerned .. I agree with crazygod and to some extent with krish... yesterday, Viraj's insecurity and his crazy behavior did show his vulnerability.

As Krish mentioned in point c of his post, his behavior did show his love for Jahnvi.  If he would have been normal, he would not have been asking Jahnvi if she has seen him or not, thus giving every clue that he was present in the terrace.

Sarcozee has rightly pointed out - "For him everything is an obsession and everyone a possession. Great topic."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

crazygodMili27sub_rosa

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.