Miilee

Delhi dude guns for primetime glory-

shrutibali thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

karan's interview

Imran Mashkoor Khan isn't what you'd normally expect a rising TV star to be. A Commerce graduate from Delhi University and a Mayo College alumna, Imran might not be flaunting flashy designer labels or perfect poses for our shutterbug, but he's brutally honest about what he wants in life. Not for him those fumbling excuses about 'stumbling into acting by accident'. Imran makes it clear: "I always wanted to be an actor. I had good communication skills, I took part in most school plays and I wanted to be part of showbiz. I never wanted to do anything else in life."

Imran honed his acting skills on stage for three years before he moved to TV. "I have played Lakshman in Amir Raza Husain's Legend of Ram, did one of the leading roles in Barefoot In The Park and also played a major role in Husain's 50 Days War," elaborates Imran.

After a series of major roles in Dil Se Dosti (Sony), Maan (DD Metro) and Kashmir (Star Plus), he is all set for a major role in Vinta Nanda-Mozez Singh produced and Raman Kumar directed Miilee (Star Plus). Imran had no hassles about letting Mona Wasu steal the thunder in the soap. "The serial might revolve around her, but I have a very important role. Karan, the character I play, is a nice guy driven by grief who's irritable and carries an excess baggage. I don't have to relate to the character I play. For me acting is all about having fun. It is one career where I get to live so many roles."

Imran also confesses that he doesn't see television as a 'poor second' to films. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to do any films. Sure I would. If big directors like Mani Ratnam, Ram Gopal Varma or Yash Chopra were to offer me one meaty role I'd certainly be game. If I don't like what I am offered I can always say 'no' and read a book or listen to music."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters