Bade Acche Laggte Hai

DOTW-Ram's concern 4 Priya- Sympathy/Realization??

fosla thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello forum members,

I made this thread for the DOTW- Discussion of the week. Thanks to CHAK who's question in one of my posts was the inspiration for this topic.

So, we all are aware of the changing dynamics in RaYa's equation. I would love to know your views on the reasons for Ram's change. Since the changes are evident after the Dr Visit and the Breast cancer track,w hat do you think?

Ram's caring and loving ways towards Priya are more a sympathy or realization of Priya's importance in their life..Has Ram finally understood that Priya is his life parter or is he showing concern as a human??

Kick on the discussions.. Would love to hear your views.

Thanks CHAK!
 P.s: Note.. for the discussion.. lets add the guilt factor too.. So its Sympathy + Guilt / Love!!??
Edited by fosla - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fosla thumbnail
Today's episode gives us another reason for the debate.. The scene where Ram's expressions change when Priya starts sneezing and the false headache, he was really ticked off!! He didn;t want her to make fun or jokes with her health!!
He really has got affected.his tolerance level for Priya has increased exponentially! While iam not totally convinced its love, I think its definitely combination of the fear of losing her and slowly acknowledging her presence in his life.
love_for_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Fosla, I agree with your point of view, it is not total realization of love but surely fear of losing her. This is for sure that he has got to know that Priya has an important place in his life, but love, it is still to come.
As for Priya, she is totally in that feeling which we call love.
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Angie  excellent  point for discussion...whether Ram's feelings are out of sympathy...or true feelingsof love have  risen in the heart for Priya...My take is if it's done out of duty or sympathy it peters or dwindles  down fast...True love is not just the physical emotions alone...but the one which feels the pain of the loved one and identifies it..His shock at hearing the news was evidence of his  love and wishing that it should have happened to him and not her.His doing things for her ,changing his complete lifestyle for her shows that it's true love...(.he might not have realised it).This kind  of love reminds me of Gabriel and Bathsheeba's love in Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy...Have u read that book? Also read an email long back abt an elderly Russian couple ..the man asked his old wife if she loved him..she answered him for thirty years she took care of him , the house , milking the cows, loking after the farm ,standing with him through thick and thin...was not that love.
So coming back to the point I do believe Ram loves her unknowingly and he's not doing this just because of some duty that he feels he has to do.
fosla thumbnail
Originally posted by: avivakirk

Angie  excellent  point for discussion...whether Ram's feelings are out of sympathy...or true feelingsof love have  risen in the heart for Priya...My take is if it's done out of duty or sympathy it peters or dwindles  down fast...True love is not just the physical emotions alone...but the one which feels the pain of the loved one and identifies it..His shock at hearing the news was evidence of his  love and wishing that it should have happened to him and not her.His doing things for her ,changing his complete lifestyle for her shows that it's true love...(.he might not have realised it).This kind  of love reminds me of Gabriel and Bathsheeba's love in Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy...Have u read that book? Also read an email long back abt an elderly Russian couple ..the man asked his old wife if she loved him..she answered him for thirty years she took care of him , the house , milking the cows, loking after the farm ,standing with him through thick and thin...was not that love.

So coming back to the point I do believe Ram loves her unknowingly and he's not doing this just because of some duty that he feels he has to do.

Point 1.. Iam gonna read the book.. Haven;t read it yet.. And yeah! Every couple do things for the other person for reasons other than love. So I found it interesting and intriguing at the same time. if Ram did the surprises and fulfilling her wishes without the context of Dr or BC scare, I would have stamped with the mark of Love.. But this is little dicey. Even though Iam more convinced that he genuinely feels bad that its happened to Priya. The scenes where he blows off after talking to Sudhir who doesnt enquire abt Priya's reports and where he talks to Vikram why bad things don;t happen to people who care are clear testimonials for his concern. Now playing the bad lawyer, it could also be sympathetic right that he tends to feel bad it has occured with Priya who is the perfect health conscious person. Also he knows that he has not performed his duty as a husband since he really didn;t acknowledge their marriage as anything other than sacrifice. So he is trying hard to make up for all those earlier mistakes and hence going over and above to fulfill her wishes! more like the old Russian couple u mentioned.
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Angie liked your persepective...like to view things from different angles..The thing that's running in my brain  is  Ram needn't feel this bad for Priya as this is not a typical marriage...Bonds also have not set in as in passing years of marriage to feel deeply for Priya and her pain..They are very much a newly wedded couple and also they both are not in fresh throes of youth where passion has formed a bond btwn them. Feelings of pity last momentarily but deep feelings evoke care and loving actions..look at Ram's change in behaviour..from a morose selfish cranky husband to a loving one...It's because Cupid struck in my POV
maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nice DOTW Angie..

Ram so far is doing things for Priya in a manner that can be categorised  as sympathy, duty, concern and feeling of something more deeper..Not all married couples especially those   middle aged, react in a passionate manner..
 But sometimes, the feeling of  endearment between each other propels their relationship..Explorations and discovery will come later..Raya are one such couple..

Love need not be spoken in a verbal form.. Its a feeling thats implicitly understood , a realisation of an awareness that keeps the couple stronger in all respects..Maybe Raya are doing that, without realising or consciously aware of it..

All the same it was nice to see Priya suprised by Ram, at each and every turn and her wishes starting to come true..
IndYa4u thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: fosla

Hello forum members,

I made this thread for the DOTW- Discussion of the week. Thanks to CHAK who's question in one of my posts was the inspiration for this topic.

So, we all are aware of the changing dynamics in RaYa's equation. I would love to know your views on the reasons for Ram's change. Since the changes are evident after the Dr Visit and the Breast cancer track,w hat do you think?

Ram's caring and loving ways are Priya are more a sympathy or realization of Priya's importance in their life..Has Ram finally understood that Priya is his life parter or is he showing concern as a human??

Kick on the discussions.. Would love to hear your views.

Thanks CHAK!

Hey Hey..

I think Ram's concern for Priya is fear. Fear of losing someone he is now starting to understand and has accepted as a friend. Fear of losing someone he as learn to trust and share his feelings, problems and concerns. May be even fear of losing someone who has become his habit... anyway you look at it.. i think its still a fear of losing Priya.

I think it will take time for Ram to realize his love for Priya. It will interesting to see if he continues to care and show concerns about Priya after they find out all is well with her health and she is no longer in danger. I think realization of LOVE for Priya will start then for Ram.

I foresee a breakdown of Priya night before her test results come out... may be something will click then ???
fosla thumbnail
Originally posted by: jollyghai

Fosla, I agree with your point of view, it is not total realization of love but surely fear of losing her. This is for sure that he has got to know that Priya has an important place in his life, but love, it is still to come.

As for Priya, she is totally in that feeling which we call love.

Jollyghai
I think you are right about that.the fear of losing her is playing more on his mind right now. He wants to live in the present more because he doesn't know what's lying in the future..  Iam glad that Priya's realized it. Good POV jollyghai. Thanks!

fosla thumbnail
Aviva

But Ram as the character is very attached to his closer ones. His Dadi, step family,Vikram,Neha,even their kids. He wears his heart up his sleeve for those who are near. He had extended this to Priya's Dad too on many occasions!! Why do you think he wouldn't be nice to Priya whom he has lived with for so many months and to whom he has shared the secret of his real mom?