Posted: 12 years ago
Jeevika..how much will you BEND?! Ok even I am angry with this woman today. How can I not? I can accept that she scolds Manvi, I can accept that she told her to leave, I can accept that she's decided not to talk to her but I CANNOT accept that she is more concerned about Swamini's behaviour rather than jumping on the first train/car (whatever!!) to Rishikesh to see her Baby sister. Even if it is just a fainting spell, the fact is that Manvi did have to be taken to the hospital and Jeevika KNEW that!! Maybe I'm jumping the gun without watching the episode but urgh being a JM fan, it's just upsetting that they're making Jeevika bend back so much for these pathetic in-laws. How much will you carry on like this Jeevika? WHAT will it take you to speak up for your Manu? I am waiting for that day more than any other because for me this show isn't about how Virat cares for Manvi or how Viren is the perfect husband towards Jeevika...it's about how Jeevika protects her Manu from everyone and anyone!! I know for dramatic purposes they are making Jeevika look utterly spineless at times but man it is frustrating to just wait for that BLESSED day when everything changes...

P.S. I hope no-one thinks I'm bashing Jeevika because everyone should know what both these sisters mean to me :)
😲 *Clears eyes* Is that you there Reemz? Wow ... Jeevika must have pissed everyone off today ... *Runs to watch the episode*

Her attempt to be perfect for her in-laws is her downfall. I'm not defending her actions however, I think she put it across quite well today, how do I listen to my heart and keep my promise to myself? Her slowly sitting back down into the chair signifies, how the first thing she thought of was Maanvi yet after that, the initial thought when back to her surroundings. Nevertheless, I think that Maanvi being hospitalised would have meant that chair would have gone flying, rather than the after thought she had once she stood up. 

The show is totally about the sisters, and how they both protect each other from the outside world. I want Jeevika's focus back on that, rather than her vain attempts of pleasing her in-laws. Virat caring for Maanvi and Viren's idolism of his wife are secondary. On a side note, I just want to say, that I don't actually think Viren is the perfect husband he is trying to be. Today's scene mainly did it for me, (but I've has inkling in the past) when he was calling Rishikesh, he was just doing it to placate her, he gave of the feeling  that he didn't want to do it, but I'll just doing it anyways. * Sorry I went off point.   

I don't want to comment her trying to pacify Swamini as it has not aired and I don't know the context in what that scene will come in. However tomorrow, dependent on the scene, I will support or criticise her actions then.  

Edited by -Pj- - 12 years ago
OK, i can even grant that she's far away and Maanavi is reportedly OK so she's not going immediately! but hey! she's pacifying Swamini? WHAT THE HELL?
Originally posted by TheJake

😲 *Clears eyes* Is that you there Reemz? Wow ... Jeevika must have pissed everyone off today ... *Runs to watch the episode*

LOL I'm a fan Jake...not a blind one though :)
Originally posted by -Pj-

Her attempt to be perfect for her in-laws is her downfall. I'm not defending her actions however, I think she put it across quite well today, how do I listen to my heart and keep my promise to myself? Her slowly sitting back down into the chair signifies, how the first thing she thought of was Maanvi yet after that, the initial thought when back to her surroundings. Nevertheless, I think that Maanvi being hospitalised would have meant that chair would have gone flying, rather than the after thought she had once she stood up. 

The show is totally about the sisters, and how they both protect each other from the outside world. I want Jeevika's focus back on that, rather than her vain attempts of pleasing her in-laws. Virat caring for Maanvi and Viren's idolism of his wife are secondary. On a side note, I just want to say, that I don't actually think Viren is the perfect husband he is trying to be. Today's scene mainly did it for me, (but I've has inkling in the past) when he was calling Rishikesh, he was just doing it to placate her, he gave of the feeling  that he didn't want to do it, but I'll just doing it anyways. * Sorry I went off point.   

I don't want to comment her trying to pacify Swamini as it has not aired and I don't know the context in what that scene will come in. However tomorrow, dependent on the scene, I will support or criticise her actions then.  

Maybe I should wait till the episode airs here but right now I still cannot her understand her lack of action on this. I'm just trying to imagine how I would react if I heard that my sister had fainted. I'd panic and get to the phone ASAP! They better show  Jeevika at least phoning one of the family members otherwise I will slap her (I don't want to though :( )

Regarding Viren, I kind of agree with you there. I remember discussing him with a friend actually and I had said that maybe after this honeymoon period, Jeevika will start to understand that there will be times when Viren will not be the perfect husband i.e. he will not always listen to her or need her. Remember when Viren chose his own clothes even though Jeevika picked her choice out? I thought that was a small trailer. Not sure how that will play out in the future!
Edited by *Reemz* - 12 years ago
@Reemz - u know i was actually waiting for ur post/reaction on today's epi.. 😳 👏

PS : "some" memebers who always liked ur "defending jeevika" posts n praised u for seeing/understanding the reality are nowhere to be seen today!! 😆😳
Edited by ~~~~ - 12 years ago
^Ahh but it works the other way round sometimes too. Sometimes those who usually disagree with my posts might actually like this one. It's their own prerogative so I have no say in that but I have to be honest with how I feel towards the show and characters especially JM because I am attached to them the most.
Originally posted by *Reemz*

LOL I'm a fan Jake...not a blind one though :)

Good to hear. I'm not too fond of blind fans either. 😉😆
On a side note, I just want to say, that I don't actually think Viren is the perfect husband he is trying to be. Today's scene mainly did it for me, (but I've has inkling in the past) when he was calling Rishikesh, he was just doing it to placate her, he gave of the feeling  that he didn't want to do it, but I'll just doing it anyways.

somehow i felt the same. in trying to be the perfect husband viren might have to go against dadaji and swamini bua. but since he respects their wishes more than anything else in the world his love for jeevika takes a back stand. he is in the same position as jeevika. he is trying to please them both and keep them both happy but in the end rather than thinking what is right he supports his bua and blames maanvi. wasn't that a little while ago he was comforting his chachu saying that one day his chachu will be successful. maybe that day has come. viren does not realise the fact that his chachu is doing this to get his confidence back and not for maanvi. but viren just like his bua is worried abt chachu;s downfall and wants to discourage him. 
i also feel that maanvi and jeevika;s attachment to each other might cause a hindrance in j-v's married life and he might resent it . after all we can see glimpses of his dadaji and buaji in him sometimes.
it will take a long time for viren to go against his bua's wishes and support j-m. viren may be a good lawyer and fight foR justice but when it comes to standing up to his family he is unable to do so. he may know in his heart of hearts that what is going on is not right but will never say so.

Edited by anujkpjk - 12 years ago