Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Diva

Goldie

Diva

Posted: 08 May 2006 at 6:32pm | IP Logged
Hey Folks,

Sometimes we must ask ourselves that is our entertainment a reflection of our society or is our society affected by the entertainment it watches?  Indian Television Shows have seen widow marraiges, rape cases, etc etc yet many have said that Indian Shows are regressive.  Is the Indian entertainment industry helping us modernize and move ahead or is it portraying Indian women and its culture in a regressive manner?  Why is Ekta Kapoor targeted as showing a regressive view of India?  What about other television serials- are they portraying the Indian culture in a backward manner?  Saree-clad women - our culture or not reality?

And not leaving it to just television, what about Bollywood?  Is it really behind Hollywood today?  And if we are moving ahead is this moving ahead and modernizing good?  Or is it good to stay behind?  What are your thoughts on the entertainment that Indians all over the world watch?  Share with your fellow I-Fians....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian TV: Regressive or Modernizing?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 08 May 2006 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
well..about television...majority of people who watch serials are females(no offence to femals as i myself am one).We often are told how females are easily influenced...thats a fact.People know what rubbish these people are showing in indian television serials...they critisise them...but still do watch them...why?thats the question we have to ask ourself.

as for being modernised...what exactly does "being modernized" really mean? Confused LOL

Confused Obviously...indian tv shows are regressive...what nonesense and what not they show...and we sit watching it.As for saree clad women...here is where the majority of females watching tv shows applies.

Take the bollywood films of the 70's or 80's
we wouldnt call them "modernized" right?
But they are the ones which have originality.

The industry is not growing.But we, the janta janardhan are being influenced by the west.We try to compare our Bollywood with hollywood.why do we do that?Imagine us being influenced by hollywood and we include stuff of hollywood into films of our country.This makes our films lose their originality.

In comparison with the films of today, the older films were tooo great.I am not saying that women should have a bun in their head and stuff...but definitely, instead of having some sex icons dance almost naked( Ouch ) in the films..that was better...

i am not saying we should stay behind...were the films of 80's and all "staying behind"?
i donot think so.Re,ember that our industry was started way back....v very long ago...its tougher to establish a place for the industry...not to continue working for its slory.N the films of nowadays arenot working for bollywood's GLORY...
Some films make me very shameful when people do shameless things.IF thoe are for a betterment of the film or for fun ....its ok...but mmost of them are not.

i say that if this is the meaning of modernizing...our industry is at the verge of losing its credibility...and that day is not far away.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 09 May 2006 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Well, its more oriented fr females as we are the peopple only who watches these shows.. im sure not even 2 out 10 males will watch themLOL..

Normally its like women are those who do the most thinking part at homeLOL.. and they get to relax down at sat arnd 8 pm LOL.. which shows all ekta shows LOL.. though they are crap mostly in the middle we are soo attached to it for some reason.. and it washes our brain and make us forget tht its crapLOL.. or rather say some watch it jus for time kill.. in some cases like say all my friends watches those soaps.. but if i don i wud be get lost in them so .. to be wid them to join wid them i have to watch itLOL..

These shows start with great hopes but in the middle i think the director/creatives also geting bored of same thing over and over again they don know wht they giving usLOLEmbarrassed.. im sure they wud be bored too.. if we are bored of the sme thing.. LOL

As for being bollywood and telly.. i wud not say telly is behind bolly but can definetely say in a way telly is aheadEmbarrassed.. telly gives us the chance to stay home watch the same show with the whole family without buying a ticket for each one.. while to watch bolly we have to buy a ticket for each person.. its not one movie but there are 100's ofmovies every month for which we have to buy ticket for each one of us.. so in tht telly is more wider though its smaller abitEmbarrassed.. its gives us the chance to watch the same thing repeat for free.. wile if we wanted to watch the same movie also we have to go buy a ticket..TongueLOL

bolly and hollyEmbarrassed.. not soo behind but bolly is is also reaching its own heights.. industry have soo much potential.. but the sad thing is tht some ppl jus to make there movies make they put in the love making scenes.. etc.etc.. which doesnt allow us to sit and watch it wid our family.. i do beleve tht holly do have these scenes and all.. but bolly culture isnt same as holly rite.. ? so why we do it.. LOLLOL
i dont know i made sense or notLOL

spoiledbrat

IF-Sizzlerz

spoiledbrat

Posted: 09 May 2006 at 8:30am | IP Logged
LOL LOL LOL

koolchick

IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 09 May 2006 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 09 May 2006 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
i agree Smile

X-rebel

IF-Dazzler

X-rebel

Posted: 11 May 2006 at 3:34am | IP Logged
As far as television is concerned, it is becoming more about TRPs and extracting money through SMS contests and votes.

But Bollywood is definetely improving. We have seen movies like Rang De Basanti, Lakshya which have the ability to inspire. 22, Park Avenue was also very good. If we see todays films, they move at a much faster pace than older films. And due to this some old films(i mean some, not all) appear to be slow and boring even though they were appreciated in their age.

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 11 May 2006 at 4:50am | IP Logged
i donot have the hope that our bollywood industry is gonna stop all these "love making scenes" as buttercup says... LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top