Kkusum
Kkusum

Tashu will stay

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:36am | IP Logged

Narayani Shastri
Narayani Shastri, who plays the vengeful Taashu in the Sony daily Kkusum, is staying on in the show — for now. Shastri had decided to opt out of the Balaji daily after she felt her track was going no where (hitList, March 31).

"I did not shoot for about two weeks but now I am back in the studio," she admits. "It's not that I am going back on my decision. It's just that I have been told to stick on for a while."

The actress says that she had a meeting with producer Ekta Kapoor who told her to wait for a month and see how things develops. "She has told me to take a call again after a month.

So let's see what happens. Anyway, when I had decided to quit, it was a amicable parting and had told then I would be back whenever they needed me."

The character of Taashu was back in the show in February after more than a year.

As the former wife of Kkusum's husband Abhay (Anuj Saxena), Taashu was the leading negative element in the show. Along with her son Trishul (Akashdeep Saigal), her one-point agenda was to ruin Abhay and his family.

Now the soap also has Mahi (Poonam Narula Goyal), another former wife of Abhay, back in the show.

So will it be case of Abhay's ex-wives club hogging the show? "Let's wait and watch," says Shastri, who also features as Rhimjhim in the Zee daily Piya Ka Ghar.

When asked about the buzz doing the rounds about Piya Ka Ghar's closure, she says, "I have heard about it but the shoot is on and according to the producer the show has got an extension," she adds.

Double celebration for Narayani

Narayani Shastri celebrates her birthday today but she says there is no big bash planned for the evening. "I'm keeping my birthday celebrations on hold till next week, when my film Pak Pak Pakaak releases.

Then it will be a double celebration bash for me — my birthday as well as my big screen debut."

Gautam Joglekar's Marathi film Pak Pak Pakaak, which stars Nana Patekar, has Shastri playing a typical Maharashtrian woman. "I play the character of Saadu, who is this rustic woman with a typical accent.
I am really looking forward to the film; it showcases the real flavour of Maharashtra."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top