India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Jassi’s just desserts

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Newsline meets up with Jassi, aka Jessica Bedi aka Mona Singh to tell you all that you wanted to ask but couldn't from your fav telestar. But be ready for some hard talk.
shirin abbas
shirin abbasnull hspace4Lucknow, April 13: The braces are gone as have the specs and the frumpy clothes. The nails are laquered, the kohl-smudged eyes with coloured contacts smoulder as she flashes a glossed smile and turns her streaked mane to a side. Mona Singh in her makeover mode is a whole new pill to swallow. But we decided to take her word on the most-talked-about makeover in television history. All pepped up about her new look she says, " I was a bit awkward at first but now it feels really nice, its made me look so good, I'm feeling confident and ready to take Armaan sir and Mallika head on! Jassi is going to use her new look to her advantage to regain her position at Gulmohar. It's not that she has changed as a person, looks don't really matter when you compare them to a person's character and integrity but if you can use your looks to further your position, why not. I'd suggest you go ahead." Now, now, this is not the simpleton gawking at Armaan that we have seen on the telescreens. Looks like there's more to Jassi, oops Jessica than a simple makeover. It's all about confidence and attitude and the results are there to see.
On her most recent ramp debut Mona says, " I was really nervous. There could be no retakes as this was a live party and for the first time I felt jittery. But it went off well. In fact it was great fun. And I've got loads of SMS' complimenting my walk!" she reveals. On her TV debut that's made her television's most famous personality, Mona says, " I love working in the television industry. It is dominated by women and you can see for yourself where it can take you if you try hard enough. If you want to reach the top this is the only way you can get it." She admits it gets a bit tiring after a while, shooting 18 hours round the clock but says that's the flip side of success. "The way I see it, I wanted to be successful, so I shouldn't really complain. " What about the casting couch?
"Not really. I don't know if it exists. At least not in the Television industry. " What's her fav serial— "I used to watch every episode of Astitva but now I just don't get the time to follow it." Would she be open to film offers?
"Shahrukh hoga tomain wo film zaroor karoongi," she quips, beaming a 100 watt smile. "I really respect him as an actor for having made it on his own merit in a place where star sons and daughters still get to rule. But the offer has to be as challenging as my role in Jassi." Ask her if Jassi really needs an SRK to deliver a power packed punch at the BO and she laughs, " Now that's a big compliment but as of now there are no Bollywood offers." There's a Jassi fan club, a book— Jassi's Seven Steps to Success, Jassi clothes, stamps and even Jassi milk. Is there ever a time that she resents the way Jassi has taken over Mona's life and identity? "Not a whit. I would love to be known as Jassi even when I am 50. I had never dreamed the character would be such a hit." Tell us about the SMS' and the matrimonial offers she gets.
"Oh everyday. So many messages and God knows how many calls. The sweetest was before the makeover from someone who wrote, "Just take off your braces and I'll marry you." Then of course there are the usual friendship and marriage offers. Another message that really boosted my confidence and told me the makeover was a right step was from a lady from the Delhi Secretaries' Association which read, "I feel like my daughter has suddenly started looking pretty." So what's she looking out for when in Lucknow? And what's her true style?
"Armaan is from this region so all of yesterday I was told not to return without sampling the delectable kebabs and try out the chikan kurtis. In real life too I am most comfortable with salwar kameez and love the stylised makeover that I have. It really suits me." Altered vision!
It was bound to happen. Jassi's popularity and the recent makeover are too much of an opportunity to be missed. Having already created television history of sorts by launching real life cartoonist Saif of Hum Tum in the serial, Jassi is now doing what she set out not to do-- prove that in the end, looks do matter! The first to cash in on Jassi's refurbished image is eyecare giant Bausch & Lomb who decided to launch their Transform with Bausch & Lomb campaign in Lucknow on Wednesday. So now you can step into any authorised B&L outlet and ask for a free trial of a pair of contact lenses. We were told that in real life Mona Singh too sports the lenses. But who's listening to that? With Jassi all gung-ho about the confidence enhancing effect of the same, who's bothered about Mona Singh. Adding to the hype, JP Singh, MD, B& L Eyecare India Ltd who was present at the launch stated, "These lenses help a person to undergo an inner transformation and have been statistically proven to enhance confidence levels in users. It's not just the way the world looks at you but the way YOU look at the world! Okay, Whatever!

Edited by Princess - 17 April 2005 at 1:33am

Rumi Goldie
Rumi
Rumi

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:04am | IP Logged
  thanks for the article starry!!Big smile
Princess IF-Veteran Member
Princess
Princess

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Starryskies

"Armaan is from this region so all of yesterday I was told not to return without sampling the delectable kebabs and try out the chikan kurtis.

Does this mean Armaan told Jassi this?? I'm sort of confused about thisConfusedWhat did she mean by this comment?? Plz helpSmile

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 3:11am | IP Logged
yup princess armaan told her to eat kebabs and tikkas without t/ds knowledge as she was supposed to be on a diet Wink

and btw i am boycotting this article - no more comments on mona singh and her idea of looks being important or not
shiverz Goldie
shiverz
shiverz

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 3:18am | IP Logged

thanks for the article!!Big smile

And yeah, Princess, I think Armaan told Jassi that-- but it was kind of unclear..

ms-tabu Goldie
ms-tabu
ms-tabu

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:37am | IP Logged
jassi came to lucknow,and we have some more interviews of her,i will post once they r in Published in Lucknow times, gals i am so happy coz,Arman and me come from the same regionTongue

Edited by tablet - 17 April 2005 at 7:40am
vishakha Goldie
vishakha
vishakha

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Tablet really ? You and Armu ek hi mitti se ho? Now you hold a special place in my heart dear.
bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 10:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by tablet

jassi came to lucknow,and we have some more interviews of her,i will post once they r in Published in Lucknow times, gals i am so happy coz,Arman and me come from the same regionTongue

Tabu, are you quite sure he is not your brother or uncle or chacha ?

LOL

And in his chat Arman said he is vegetarian, then how come he suggests chicken tikkas?

Go to top