Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shari30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hey everyone, 😊

Thanks a lot to all for the words of encouragement... had a busy week that is why could not update before. Will make it up with a looong update for this weekend.

To whet your interest here is a teaserπŸ˜‰

Shari

From what he had heard Ashutosh concluded that Rangnath had hired her, so how to get out of this situation, deep down the question that was nagging him did he want out. After two years their path had finally crossed, he perfectly knew that their relationship would never be what he wanted but seeing her had weakened his resolution, he thought that if she remained around in the hospital from afar he would see her. With this thought in mind he stepped in Rangnath's office...

Edited by oaz30 - 12 years ago
Mimoha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good to see you back Shari. Waiting eagerly for your update.
kritash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ab teaser  se kaam nahi chalega, we are waiting for update andn that to long one.
waiting eagerly.😍
Shari30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Hi every one ... 😊

Sorry for delay in post... had a lot of marking to do. Hope the post will be worth the waitπŸ˜‰.

This one is specially for my writing mentor and friend Sharmishtha... love you dearπŸ€—

shari

Part 6

From what he had heard Ashutosh concluded that Rangnath had hired her, so how to get out of this situation, deep down the question that was nagging him did he want out. After two years their path had finally crossed, he perfectly knew that their relationship would never be what he wanted but seeing her had weakened his resolution, he thought that if she remained around in the hospital from afar he would see her. With this thought in mind he stepped in Rangnath's office.  

For a second it seemed that time had stopped, Rangnath for once was at a loss for words, Nidhi was stunned at the sudden entry, she never thought that he would come and find her out.

" Dr Rangnath could you explain what is going on here, I leave the hospital for a few days and when I come back what I see is complete mayhem." He said in what he hoped would appear as a normal voice. To the outsider it would seem that he was ignoring the fact that there was someone else in the cabin yet as he was talking to him his thoughts remained about her.

"Eh hmm Dr Ashutosh... welcome ... back, mayhem what do you mean we had a minor staffing problem after you left but that's got sorted we have Dr Varma who kindly accepted to join us ...Once more''

For a moment Ashutosh was quiet, it was one thing to have seen her and another to hear that indeed she was there and INDEED she was back in his world. Finally he turned his eyes towards her and what he saw did not surprise him it was an echo of his own feelings... longing mixed with confusion.

Two years ago they had parted ways because of that same reason... feelings, back then it was because there was no way their feelings would have been accepted by her family and society. But now what had changed? He wandered, was it him? Was he ready to let go of his fear of what others would think and do something for his own happiness for a change. However doing so would not hurt her? He was still battling with this myriad of emotions when he realised that she was saying something:

"Dr Ashutosh, now that you are back, I feel that my presence is no longer required" she said in an emotionless voice. Seeing him back, hearing his voice had been a bitter sweet sensation yet she knew that she had to move on as she had promised him that she would never be the one to give him any reason to be uncomfortable. He had wanted her out and she was going to stay true to her word no matter how much it hurt her.

After two years of a separation which he was cause of, this was the one time he was having a good look at her, true he had seen her when she brought that patient but this was his first real good look at her. The woman in front of her looked like his Nidhi but the eyes were different, those eyes that had always reflected her feelings now looked expressionless...

'Dr Ashutosh..." she repeated and this brought her back to reality.

"Dr Nidhi, why do you say so? You have joined the hospital isn't, I would deem it as unprofessional if you leave your job midway."  He replied sternly. That was it, the dice was cast... he knew that he was playing with fire yet he could not stop it... maybe these two years not seeing her had made him selfish but her working here would mean seeing her at least... for him that would be enough.

Nidhi looked at him stunned...did she hear him right... the one person who wanted out was now preventing her from leaving. What should she do? Coming here had brought her back to life, back from that emotional desert she had been wandering since the past two years. Yet now she was at a crossroad, going would mean closing the door to seeing him again, staying would mean the possibility of being hurt again, could she run that risk again?

"Nidhi" she heard Rangnath calling her, "More that the friend, this time it is the doctor appealing to you, If Dr Ashutosh has no issues about you being here, Would you please stay at least for the sake of the patients, the children need you here, and in such short notice it is going to be difficult to find someone to step in"

"Okay" she replied, "I am going to stay till you find someone to step in". She knew that she was going to regret it but being in the same place as him was a stronger pull.

Ashutosh did not know whether to feel relieved or scared. She would be back in his world, but this time he would stick to his resolution, seeing her would be enough, knowing that she was safe, happy would bring him happiness. He had learnt it from the first time, being in her life had lead to pain but not this time.

Rangnath heaved a sigh of relief, but what was more interesting to him was the look on the faces of the two individuals now facing each other. Watching them was an interesting experience as neither had realised that they were open books and their feelings could clearly be read, two years ago two people who were meant to be had parted ways for reasons best known to them.

He had seen Ashutosh turned back to the hard almost ruthless man that he had been before Nidhi had entered his world, as for Nidhi, he had seen her retreat into a shell where she rarely came out, She only opened up to Anji, true she did try to project an image of being happy but from his own observations and from bits and pieces that Anji had mentioned she was far from being so. With a final glance to the pair, he went out with the hope that things would work out for them.

ApoorvaFan thumbnail
good going.. Will read slowly and update my comment
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The curiosity is building up.Waiting for the Next Part with a Romantic Touch.πŸ˜ƒ
vasanthi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good...progressing logically...pls update soon...
kritash thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hai dear, liked this update, great.
well written , the emotions are high at this point of time and it is reflecting.
Ashu: difficult to hold back, but don't want to proceed further.
Nidhi:confused and more on hurted.
would like to see how u want to proceed further and narrate the fic.
waiting for the next update.
I know it is easy to write, that we r waiting here for the next update but dil se majboor hain.
thanks

Mimoha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Shari. The post was definitely worth the wait. As a writer, you are cut from the same cloth as Sharmishtha. As a storyteller, I can see you working on two levels - surface and sub text. Love the way the story is evolving on the surface but I would say that the true narrative of this chapter is in the sub text. The dialogues are few 6 or 7 perhaps, but the underlying subtext is so beautiful, engaging and rich. You have superbly worded the conflicting emotions and real motivations of all the three characters. Good going. I am really looking forward to the next chapter.
sharmishtha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ditto to Mimoha about your story telling Sharifa. At the end of it, I feel soo emotional. And no! It isn't only because of you writing it for me. But more so because of the actual story...

Waiting eagerly for the kash-ma-kash (can't find a perfect English substitute for this word πŸ˜›) to come.