Book Talk

The Series That Created History (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

lacho_dvd

Groupbie

lacho_dvd

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 4:36am | IP Logged
plz add on to the list the diary of a whimpy kid and yes our very own indian series THE SHIVA TRILOGY-AMISH TRIPATHI

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Series That Created History (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

Harry Potter all the freaking way...it doesnt come to comparison really...the other series are popular yes but I dont think any series can ever beat the HP fandom in books or movies...proud PotterheadParty

Twilight - even though it is an abomination to literature, cannot deny that it did create a craze and the resulting obsession with vampires in general that it created (True Blood, TVD, a gajillion Vampire movies since 2008)

The Vampire Diaries- I read the first book during the 1st seaosn of the show and I remember that I was like its ok compared to the show, for me the show is better but I have to start reading the series again

Hunger Games- I have a feeling that the Hunger Games will be that kind of phenomenon as well, people are already hailing the movie as this year's biggest hit and the trio in that movie is rapidly gaining popularity

Percy Jackson- as much as I loved the books the movie was just plain terrible and did not live up to its literary counterpart, maybe thats why that series didnt take off

A Series of Unfortunate Events- one of the best written series like ever same case with PJ series, the movie was just god-awful and didnt like up to the amazingess of Lemony Snicket or else that one was pretty popular during my years in middle school. I still love to read them whenever I get the chance

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- I have yet to finish the series but I've read the first two books and they are beyond adorable and hysterical...I haven't seen the movies yet but from what I heard they're avoidable

Pretty Little Liars- not gonna lie I didn't care for the first book at all mainly because I feel like the show is a billion times better but yeah it's sort of gained a cult status.

Robert Langdon books- Dan Brown created history with DaVinci Code, one of the best books hands down...I simply am amazed at how this guy's brain works in regards to history even though I dont believe it but its hard not to. Angles and Demons was a great prequel and I have to read the Lost Symbol

Southern Vampire Mysteries- I really loved the first book and have yet to finish the series and watch TB but I think this is one of those cult status type books mainly due to the show

A Song of Fire and Ice- I saw a couple of minutes of Game of Thrones and loved it but I have yet to read the book and watch more of the show, from what I have heard the show follows the book very faithfully

The Millennium Trilogy- another one of those series you keep on hearing about, I am waiting to get my hands on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Inheritence Series- I LOVE this series especially Eragon, this is definitely my kinda genre however i have to read the second and third books

Chronicles of Narania- one of the beloved series of like ever

Lord of the Rings
- I havent seen the movie or read any of the books, one of the things I have to do now
@ underlined 100%. Not that i disagree with other. I have only read Potter and A song of ice and Fire from this list. will read other series at some time.
I will add Wheel of time in this list. This series has 13 books , one still to release. This series has around 2000 characters , complex magic system, 100 of battle scene.

Edited by Jericoholic - 11 February 2012 at 7:12am

atikna

IF-Dazzler

atikna

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jericoholic

Originally posted by Tani91

Harry Potter all the freaking way...it doesnt come to comparison really...the other series are popular yes but I dont think any series can ever beat the HP fandom in books or movies...proud PotterheadParty

Twilight - even though it is an abomination to literature, cannot deny that it did create a craze and the resulting obsession with vampires in general that it created (True Blood, TVD, a gajillion Vampire movies since 2008)

The Vampire Diaries- I read the first book during the 1st seaosn of the show and I remember that I was like its ok compared to the show, for me the show is better but I have to start reading the series again

Hunger Games- I have a feeling that the Hunger Games will be that kind of phenomenon as well, people are already hailing the movie as this year's biggest hit and the trio in that movie is rapidly gaining popularity

Percy Jackson- as much as I loved the books the movie was just plain terrible and did not live up to its literary counterpart, maybe thats why that series didnt take off

A Series of Unfortunate Events- one of the best written series like ever same case with PJ series, the movie was just god-awful and didnt like up to the amazingess of Lemony Snicket or else that one was pretty popular during my years in middle school. I still love to read them whenever I get the chance

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- I have yet to finish the series but I've read the first two books and they are beyond adorable and hysterical...I haven't seen the movies yet but from what I heard they're avoidable

Pretty Little Liars- not gonna lie I didn't care for the first book at all mainly because I feel like the show is a billion times better but yeah it's sort of gained a cult status.

Robert Langdon books- Dan Brown created history with DaVinci Code, one of the best books hands down...I simply am amazed at how this guy's brain works in regards to history even though I dont believe it but its hard not to. Angles and Demons was a great prequel and I have to read the Lost Symbol

Southern Vampire Mysteries- I really loved the first book and have yet to finish the series and watch TB but I think this is one of those cult status type books mainly due to the show

A Song of Fire and Ice- I saw a couple of minutes of Game of Thrones and loved it but I have yet to read the book and watch more of the show, from what I have heard the show follows the book very faithfully

The Millennium Trilogy- another one of those series you keep on hearing about, I am waiting to get my hands on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Inheritence Series- I LOVE this series especially Eragon, this is definitely my kinda genre however i have to read the second and third books

Chronicles of Narania- one of the beloved series of like ever

Lord of the Rings
- I havent seen the movie or read any of the books, one of the things I have to do now
@ underlined 100%. Not that i disagree with other. I have only read Potter and A song of ice and Fire from this list. will read other series at some time.
I will add Wheel of time in this list. This series has 13 books , one still to release. This series has around 2000 characters , complex magic system, 100 of battle scene.

100% agree - loved chronicle of narnia , lord of the rings , harry potter, a song of ice and fire series , want to get hold of wheel of time series

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atikna

Originally posted by Jericoholic

100% agree - loved chronicle of narnia , lord of the rings , harry potter, a song of ice and fire series , want to get hold of wheel of time series
Wheel of time is far from perfect, but its still is great series.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 13 February 2012 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy series by Douglas Adams as well :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

Cotillion

Cotillion

Posted: 17 February 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
14th book of Wheel of time series is going to released at 8 Jan , 2013. My fandom for this series has been continuously increasing. This will be first time that i have to wait for a book that long.

-Anarkali-

-Anarkali-

Posted: 01 April 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Harry Potter and Twilight come to mind among the recent ones. I am not a fan of the Twilight but there is no denying that it created history.

cs-07

IF-Dazzler

cs-07

Posted: 08 April 2012 at 5:28am | IP Logged
Harry Potter and Twilight Series - for the breaking records and the huge fan following for all the series

HitchHiker Guide - FUNNY AS HELL

Dan brown the way he rippled the waters for the church was Clap

HOW DID I FORGET
SalmanRushdie: havent read his books but Indian govt seemed quite psycho when he was abt to come to the country

Edited by nirvanlove - 08 April 2012 at 5:28am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top