Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 February 2012 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Well, I was thinking of how there are some book series that get so popular that they almost become a phenomenon.  The books and eventually the movies are just unavoidable.. Love them or hate them, but they are unavoidable as more than half the people around you would've read/seen them...

So which series do you think have created history?  I'll start Embarrassed

Most Definitely:

Harry Potter
The Hunger Games

Even though I'm not a big fan, considering the fan following, Twilight as well.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple, but oh well it's 2 am so I can't be blamed LOL Will edit as I remember more. 

-Mahi

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_hangelirebelli-GredForge-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Series That Created History" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 6:15am | IP Logged
From my perspective the following series are pretty popular 
  • Harry Potter
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • The Millennium Trilogy
  • A Song of Ice and Fire
  • Twilight (Not a huge fan though !!)

Edited by angelirebelli - 06 February 2012 at 10:31pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lacho_dvddevashree_h

-GredForge-

IF-Rockerz

-GredForge-

Posted: 05 February 2012 at 6:52am | IP Logged
hmm...harry potter for sure!
 vampire academy..
darren shan...
dan brown...

hopehot

IF-Sizzlerz

hopehot

Posted: 05 February 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Harry potter ...

and as much as i don't like it ...twillight

lacho_dvd

Groupbie

lacho_dvd

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 2:57am | IP Logged
the millenium trilogy
harry potter!!

shruthi2010

IF-Rockerz

shruthi2010

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
the lord of the rings
princess diaries

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 09 February 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged
Percy Jackson
Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I'm sure there are more but can't recall any at the moment xD

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lacho_dvdLavenderCrystal

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 10 February 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Harry Potter all the freaking way...it doesnt come to comparison really...the other series are popular yes but I dont think any series can ever beat the HP fandom in books or movies...proud PotterheadParty

Twilight - even though it is an abomination to literature, cannot deny that it did create a craze and the resulting obsession with vampires in general that it created (True Blood, TVD, a gajillion Vampire movies since 2008)

The Vampire Diaries- I read the first book during the 1st seaosn of the show and I remember that I was like its ok compared to the show, for me the show is better but I have to start reading the series again

Hunger Games- I have a feeling that the Hunger Games will be that kind of phenomenon as well, people are already hailing the movie as this year's biggest hit and the trio in that movie is rapidly gaining popularity

Percy Jackson- as much as I loved the books the movie was just plain terrible and did not live up to its literary counterpart, maybe thats why that series didnt take off

A Series of Unfortunate Events- one of the best written series like ever same case with PJ series, the movie was just god-awful and didnt like up to the amazingess of Lemony Snicket or else that one was pretty popular during my years in middle school. I still love to read them whenever I get the chance

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- I have yet to finish the series but I've read the first two books and they are beyond adorable and hysterical...I haven't seen the movies yet but from what I heard they're avoidable

Pretty Little Liars- not gonna lie I didn't care for the first book at all mainly because I feel like the show is a billion times better but yeah it's sort of gained a cult status.

Robert Langdon books- Dan Brown created history with DaVinci Code, one of the best books hands down...I simply am amazed at how this guy's brain works in regards to history even though I dont believe it but its hard not to. Angles and Demons was a great prequel and I have to read the Lost Symbol

Southern Vampire Mysteries- I really loved the first book and have yet to finish the series and watch TB but I think this is one of those cult status type books mainly due to the show

A Song of Fire and Ice- I saw a couple of minutes of Game of Thrones and loved it but I have yet to read the book and watch more of the show, from what I have heard the show follows the book very faithfully

The Millennium Trilogy- another one of those series you keep on hearing about, I am waiting to get my hands on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Inheritence Series- I LOVE this series especially Eragon, this is definitely my kinda genre however i have to read the second and third books

Chronicles of Narania- one of the beloved series of like ever

Lord of the Rings
- I havent seen the movie or read any of the books, one of the things I have to do now

Post Reply New Post

Go to top