Page 1 of 1

gohem123

IF-Dazzler

gohem123

Posted: 03 February 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Komolika returns as psychiatrist in new show
Kavita Awasthi -Hindustan Times
Mumbai, February 03, 2012

Actor Urvashi Dholakia gained fame as the vamp Komolika on the hit show Kasauti Zindagi Kay. Now, after a hiatus of about four years, the scheming bahu (daughter-in-law) is back in Saubhagyavati Bhava on channel Life OK, albeit having undergone a complete transformation. "When I learnt of
the character's name and look in the show, I cracked up," says Urvashi, who will play psychiatrist Dr Komolika Rana in a cameo, adding, "I never expected Komolika to come back and haunt me."

She hastens to add that her character this time will be trying to solve problems, rather than cause them. "My brief for the role read 'Komolika returns, this time not as a psychotic but a psychiatrist,'" she recalls. Ask whether Komolika's new avatar will be as glamourous as the original, and Urvashi says, "I play a psychiatrist, so she can't be oozing sex appeal. She is subdued and subtle, and has an earthy look.

She will be seen wearing junk silver jewellery, big bindis, sleeveless blouses and cool saris, inspired by (dancer and social activist) Mallika Sarabhai."Urvashi admits she was skeptical about playing a positive character, saying, "I have only been destroying people's lives on-screen, so I know what to do when I've to play a vamp. But I couldn't act as a stone-faced, positive person and it took me a while to get into the groove. After shooting the first day, I knew I could have done better."

On the show, Komolika will reveal secrets of protagonist Viraj's (Karanvir Bohra) past, as he was a former patient.

P.S. - If the article is already shared, kindly close the topic...As i haven't seen this latest news, thought of sharing

Edited by gohem123 - 03 February 2012 at 10:17am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HT- Komolika returns as psychiatrist in new show" in Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava? forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Daisy15

IF-Dazzler

Daisy15

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 5:13am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

Saranghae

IF-Addictz

Saranghae

Posted: 04 February 2012 at 5:49am | IP Logged
so happy to c he back,..!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.