Users

Frequent Posters

daniel_4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
 get well soon so u can write more......
PixieDust91 thumbnail

Thanx to all my reviewers...here's a nice big chocolate chip cookie! I know it's been a long wait and my thumb will get better in about two weeks. 

I don't own Harry Potter.... 

Hermione awoke early the next morning with the sound of birds chirping and owls flapping their wings outside eager to deliver mail. She sat still in her bed with the grand Gryffindor sheets over her lap and legs. She tilted her head a little to the right and saw the moving picture of her and Harry and was reminded of Ron.

'Ron' She thought. 'Where was he yesterday? I think he knew I was going to meet Harry. I should go talk to him.'

She quickly strode over to the fireplace, took a handful of floo powder, and shouted, "The Ron's Burrow!" Seconds later she emerged in a messy living room clustered with little girls toys. Lavender was in the living room preparing breakfast when Hermione came in. "Oh…Hello Hermione," Lavender said while enchanting a bowl with pancake batter in it. Both women went over to the dining table.

"Lavender," Hermione started and paused to drink tea. Lavender put down The Daily Prophet and looked at Hermione. "Um…Do you think you, Ron, and Cora could come over for dinner tonight?"

"Sure," said Lavender. "I was going to invite you to dinner, but now that you say so,"

"Oh…okay," answered Hermione back. "Lavender? Do you think Ginny is alive?"

"Of course I do," Lavender snapped back. They both had been best friends since their sixth year at Hogwarts and shared their deepest secrets. When Hermione first started to like Harry, Lavender and Parvati were the first to find out.

Hermione was shocked when Lavender responded this fast. "Well, I have to leave. James and Eliza should be waking up by now."

"Well, see you tonight at seven."

"Okay, bye,"

Hermione stood up and strode over to the fireplace. "16911 Godric's Hollow!" she yelled and after a few seconds she emerged in her own fireplace with James and Eliza sitting in the living room watching 'Pokemon'.

"Kids," said Hermione and two pairs of bright green eyes were staring at her. "We're going grocery shopping."

An hour later, three Potters were in the Toyota Sienna driving towards a muggle grocery store. When they arrived, the first thing Hermione wanted to get was wine. Strong wine. Strong wine so her plan would go smoothly about getting the truth out of Ron without Lavender noticing. She walked up and down the isles pushing the grocery cart looking for strong wine. She was about to choose beer, but Ron didn't fancy beer over red wine.

Night finally came and Hermione was dressed in a Chudley Cannons v-neck top with now-rise blue jeans. She knew the Weasleys were arriving by floo so she, James and Eliza sat in the living room staring at the roaring fire in the fireplace.

"Why did we leave so early yesterday when we met Dad?" James asked curiously. He was eager to learn how to play Quidditch better. Ron tried to teach James, but unfortunately, Ron didn't have the skills. "Uncle Ronnie's not evil! Why did he say that?" James was getting a little restless. He had just seen his father after a few years.

"James, calm down," Hermione snapped. She was walking back and forth around the room waiting and waiting. The minutes crawled by and they all sat there waiting. Finally, after delaying for an hour, the Weasleys popped out of the fireplace.

"Damn fireplace!" Ron exclaimed. "I said 16911 Godric's Hollow and they sent us somewhere in Frankfurt." Lavender burst into fits of laughter.

"I told him it wasn't a good idea to eat chocolate frogs and travel by floo at the same time!"

"Well I'm starving Hermione, lets eat!" Ron said stretching his arms out and yawning. They all sat down at the formal dining room table, which was bare with no food on it. Hermione swished her wand and quesadillas, enchiladas, nachos, and mixed veggies appeared out of thin air, just like it was like at Hogwarts.

An hour and half later, when everyone was finished eating and it was time for dessert, Hermione finally brought out the subject of red wine. "So, Ron, want some red wine?" Ron's eyes widened and he stopped fiddling with the toothpick he was playing with. Lavender gave Ron a stern look.

"Er…Sure Hermie," said Ron and the kids giggled.

Hermione blushed, "Quit calling me Hermie!" she said and made her way to the kitchen to get the wine. She could have just said "Accio wine!" but she had preparations to make. Hermione searched through the cabinets and drawers and she found what she was searching for, a small powder-like tablet that would dissolve instantly in Ron's drink without leaving a trace of white powder. She poured the wine out into tall, fancy glasses. She carefully opened the plastic sandwich bag and gingerly took the white powdery tablet out. "Sorry Ron," she whispered, and then she dropped the tablet into the glass nearest her. She had a trace of powder left on her fingers.

"Here are the drinks!" Hermione announced making her way back into the dining room with three glasses of wine. Only Ron and her were left there in the dining room.

"Lavender went upstairs with the kids," Ron said and reached out for a glass of wine. Hermione pulled the tray with the wine glasses away.

"Not so fast," she said. She then set the tray down and handed Ron the glass nearest to her. "Here you go, red wine, enjoy," she said handing him the glass with the tablet.

Ron took the glass and took a giant swing of his wine. More than half the glass was empty now. "Say Hermione," Ron said holding up the glass to his eyes and examining it. "You don't suppose this wine taste strange."

Hermione's eyes widened and she took a glass and took an even greater swing of wine than Ron, and she felt like throwing up. She didn't really fancy wine.

"Tastes alright to me," she said trying not to make a face.

"Really," said Ron with wonder. His voice was now almost like a child's, it was his first sign of drunkenness. "Geez, I'm down with one drink, better not…hick…drink anymore," he said swaying from side to side with a dumb smile on his face. He resembled a drunken Dobby now with that smile.

"Oh…It's okay Ron, there's only a little left, you don't want to waste all that DELICIOUS red wine, do you?" said Hermione looking to see if Lavender wasn't coming.

Ron stared at her for a second or two. For as long as he could remember, she had never approved of him and Harry taking muggle drinks. On the other hand, she never did and this was the perfect chance for some splendid wine. Without spending too much time thinking, Ron grabbed the glass and took another giant swing. As a result, he made a face. "You call this delicious?" he asked, his voice was getting a little out of tune and he was swaying from side to side.

'Quick' Hermione thought. 'Bring up Harry somehow.'

"So, Ron, remember when you and Harry snuck off on a little trip to a muggle bar when I had my baby shower?"

"Oh yeah. It was loads of…hick…fun," he answered innocently. "We'd do that again if he was alive…" There was an awkward few-second silence after he said that. The only noises were the clock ticking and Cora crying upstairs. "Sorry," Ron whispered. "I didn't mean to…"

"Its okay," Hermione cut him off.

Ron looked down at the wooden table and his wine glass. After a few seconds, Hermione could see tears rolling down his eyes. "Ron, what happened?" she asked, bending down a little more so she could see his face.

"Hermione…" he said. "I was just thinking of all those great times we had with Harry and all we've been through. He always put us first and thought about himself later. I remember our second year real well, when we took that flying car to Hogwarts, Snape catching us…the polyjuice potion. I remember when we took it, it tasted like crap and we both looked exactly like Crabbe and Goyle, down to every detail. And in the fifth year, he went through a lot…" Ron stopped. Tears were now streaming down his freckled face.

Hermione fought back the tears. 'No' she thought. 'Ron couldn't have done this.' She bit her lip and was aching to tell him his best friend was alive…be she couldn't. Instead, she let out a few tears and consoled Ron.

She couldn't sleep at all that night. She sat up all night writing in her diary Ginny had given her as a graduation gift.

Dear Diary,

After yesterday's encounter with Harry, I've begun to see Ron differently. At first I thought he might have been the one that sold Harry to Voldemort. But now after getting him drunk, I feel different. I've known Ron for more than half my life and he's too innocent and sweet to do something like that. And Harry? I was very happy yesterday night writing in this diary that I saw Harry and he's alive. Now its very different. How could I have been so foolish?

Now I'm for sure it wasn't him. If it were, he wouldn't start talking about Ron being a spy for the ministry right away. If it was him, he'd say more than just that. If it were him, I'd stay longer and I wouldn't just give him a peck on the cheek.

I don't think Ginny is alive either. Someone might have made the polyjuice potion and changed into Harry. Same with Ginny. He wouldn't be in such a hurry if it was REALLY him. He'd let me stay… It sounds bizarre, but so are other things in my life.

I know it's confusing, I can't think straight right now…

Hermione Potter

Hermione wrote this down and after staring at the picture of her and Harry by her nightstand, she drifted off to an uneasy sleep.

So, how was it???

daniel_4ever thumbnail
 how my god... that was soo funny... really 😆 😆 😆
PixieDust91 thumbnail
thanx. i needed to add sum humor in the story. i dont like really depressing stuff.
Morgoth thumbnail
That was cute and funny too! I could imagine Ron getting dizzy with the wine! 😆
daniel_4ever thumbnail
 i hope that this stoy could even turn into a movie.. it would be gr8 and so kool
PixieDust91 thumbnail
lolz. thanx guys 4 supporting me...people on ff.net are really rude!
daniel_4ever thumbnail
 why 
Edited by daniel_4ever - 18 years ago
daniel_4ever thumbnail
 when r u writing the nxt chapter pixie... i really can't wait
PixieDust91 thumbnail

the authors on ff.net always compare my writing to theirs. this one person reviewed and he's all like "omg! ron shoudn't do this" and "i think u have the story confused'' and all that. i got kinda pissed off so i decided not to post on ff.net.

i'm in the middle of the next chapter and i'll probably post it later this week. along w/ my thumb injury...my friends brother hit me in the nose w/ a monopoly board...