Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

enkay thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
can't wait! but i guess i haveno choice...
PixieDust91 thumbnail

its here! i merged some of it in with chapter ten because i'm posting it on fanfiction.net, you can check it out there, my username is PixieDust91.

"So, Friday at seven?" said Draco through the phone.

"What?" said Hermione.

"Can I pick you up on Friday at seven? That is…if you want to actually come with me."

"Um…okay," said Hermione with a slight blush.

"What? What are you blushing for?" asked Ron. He was surprised Hermione started to blush. She just was crying a few minutes ago.

"Draco…He asked me out on a date," said Hermione.

"He what!?" Ron asked.

"A date Ron. Its where a couple go together,"

"I get it Hermione,"

"Good, you got smarter!"

"Oh sure, genius." They continued their argument with an occasional outburst about James and what he thought.  A few minutes later, Hermione and Ron walked out of the room and headed towards James' room.

"Hermione," Ron said as they walked down the hallway. "You're going with Draco aren't you?"

Hermione stopped in her tracks. How could I have been so stupid? She thought. Why did I agree to go with him? Its because of him that I'm a widow! But still, I did have a crush on him, she mused.

"Hermione are you answering or what?"

"Ron, look. I don't know what I was thinking!" she said.

"Well, I thought it was a good idea." He said while advancing towards James' room.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Well, maybe you could go undercover for the Auror Headquarters."

Hermione thought for a second and then she understood. Ron wanted her to go undercover and find out things from Draco. They suspected him already for Harry and Ginny's deaths.

This is a way, Hermione thought. This is a way I can get back at Draco, I need to get close to him.

"Hermione," Ron said after a few minutes when they were outside James' door. "What do you think?"

"I'll do it," said Hermione as she opened the door to have a conversation with her son.

When they opened the door, they found James sitting on his bed staring at the wall. No, thought Hermione. Yes. It was true. James was staring at a picture of him and his father when they went to see the Quidditch World Cup when he was about two. Hermione peeked over and stared at the moving picture of both of them moving and slightly sighed. Harry and James were both wearing Chudley Cannon robes and Harry was holding his Firebolt II. He was holding James up with his left arm. She then started on a conversation about why he thought Ron was about to be his new father. The conversation soon ended with James in Hermione's lap sleeping soundly.

"I have to do this," said Hermione. "For my children." A tear came rolling down her cheeks.

"I know it's hard," said Ron. "But we all know Draco's guilty."

"I know," said Hermione as she breathed heavily.

Soon, the days went by and it was 6:00 p.m. on Friday evening. "Okay, Lavender, make sure Cora gets to bed at 9:00 at the latest. Same goes with James!" she yelled through the bathroom as she got ready.

When she got came outside, Lavender and Parvati were both enchanted. Hermione was wearing a sleek, sparkly, cherry-red, dress that came up a few inches over her knees. The top was spaghetti strap and she had a net-like ruby colored scarf around her arms and curved around her back. She even straightened her hair and it was less frizzy. She had a light rose shade of lip gloss and the same shade eye shadow on.

"You look gorgeous, Hermione!" piped up Parvati.

"Absolutely superb!" said Lavender and Hermione turned a bright shade of red so her face matched her dress.

"There's just one thing missing," said Hermione. She walked across the room over to the her dresser. Then she pulled out a jewelry box and slowly opened it. Inside was a thin silver bracelet which looked like the silver had been braded. Hermione turned it over and traced two letters, H and H, with her thin pointing finger. She then slipped it on her right hand and quietly said to her friends, "I'm ready for my date."

enkay thumbnail
great wrk! cant wait to see how the date goes... keep writing!!!😊
PixieDust91 thumbnail
thanx. i have a surprise for yoll. i have a new partner fanfic partner named Trishna and she'll be writing with me now. the next chapter will be up by tomorrow.
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow...that was just wonderful...lolz...
KK_lassi thumbnail
Wow girl!!Keep writing.! 😃 how will the date turn out!?? ...
PixieDust91 thumbnail
we'll have to see. i'm turning the fic into a mystery.
PixieDust91 thumbnail

This chapter's kinda long...

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter and never will.

It was a starry night while Draco and Hermione were in a sliver Lexus driving towards the Spaghetti Warehouse, which was a very famous Italian restaurant. Hermione had been there many times, but this was the first time she would be going there without Harry. They had been in the car for about fifteen minutes and the only words Draco and Hermione said to each other were "Good evening." They occasionally would look at each other when the other wasn't looking and turn their heads instantly when the other person looked at them. I'm not going to find anything out this way, thought Hermione, so she decided to break the ice.

She coughed and quietly said, "It's a nice evening, isn't it?" There was no reply for a few seconds and then Draco finally replied.

"Yeah, I guess so," he said with an odd sort of grunt.

"So, we're going to the Spaghetti Warehouse, I love their fettuccine alfredo, it's really delicious."

"Yeah. Ginny always craved that stuff. I was never quite fond of it, I like the penne with tomato sauce."

This is great, thought Hermione. We start off talking about pasta, what's next? Soft drinks?

"Oh," said Hermione, and there was no more talking for the rest of the trip.

"We're here," said Draco. He parked the car, got out, and opened Hermione's door.

"Thank you," she said. As they got inside and waited to be seated, Draco said something she thought he would never say.

"You look pretty tonight," he said as he gazed up and down her dress.

"Oh. Thanks Draco, you look quite handsome too," she said trying to bring up a smile.

"Your table is ready Sir and Madam," the butler piped in. He was quite short and stubby. He seemed to resemble their Charms Professor. His voice had a very annoying French accent and he seemed to bow whenever he finished a sentence.

"Ok," Draco and Hermione said in unison and they sat down on a medium sized table with a checkered red and white tablecloth. There were three lit candles with the smell of cherries and cinnamon. A small loaf of garlic bread and a bottle of red wine were on in the center of the table. To top it all off, there was a piano and violin player and both were playing romantic music. This all seemed familiar, thought Hermione.

Flashback

Harry and Hermione both sat down at the table and gazed at each other. Their dinner was untouched and the candles' scent of cherries and cinnamon was going out. They both sipped a little bit of red wine, but nothing else. Finally, Harry thought he should ask.

"Um…" he said, thinking of a way he should bring the ring and ask her.

"Yes Harry," she said hoping he would ask her.

"Um… I like the wine," he trailed off.

"Oh…yeah…it's wonderful, isn't it," Hermione said trying not to sound hurt.

Damn it! Thought Harry. I planned all of this out, why can't I ask her? 'Be a man' he remembered Remus' words.

"Hermione," he started.

"Yes Harry," she said immediately.

"Willyoumarryme?" he asked all in one word.

"Huh…Oh! Yes! I will marry you!" she said as they both blushed a strange shade of red.

End Flashback

"Hermione, what do you think?" Draco asked.

"Huh?" she said feeling a little guilty.

"I asked about the song the violinist was playing."

"Oh. Yes, it was…wonderful!" she said with a small pause.

"Very well then, here comes our dinner. Penne with tomato, and fettuccine with alfredo."

"So, you in to Quidditch?" Draco asked while taking a swing or red wine.

"Oh, no. I think it's rather dangerous and overrated." What am I doing? She thought. I need to get along with him, not contradict him.

"Well, it is exiting," she added.

"Yeah. To tell you the truth, I only wanted to join the Quidditch team to win against Pot- I mean Harry."

"Oh, so you're not that interested in it."

"No," he replied. That was the only conversation they had that evening while in the Spaghetti Warehouse. Once in a while Hermione coughed or checked her watched to get his attention, but he didn't notice.

About forty-five minutes later, the left and headed out toward the car. As Hermione was about to get inside, she saw a shooting star.

"Draco, look!" she exclaimed.

"What?" he replied.

"Aw. You missed it!"

"Missed what?"

"A shooting star, they say if you make a wish when a shooting

star's soaring over the sky, the wish comes true."

"Since when did you start believing in all this?"

"Well, I don't believe in reading tea leaves or palm reading. That's just a bunch of crap."

Draco's eyes widened when Hermione said "crap".

"What? I'm not allowed to say 'crap'?" she asked.

"No, that's not true. So, what did you wish for?"

"Oh, nothing, I can't tell you, otherwise it wouldn't come true."

"Oh, in that case, don't tell anyone. I don't want your wish to be broken."

"That's kind of you," she was about to get inside the car, but Draco closed the door before she got in.

"What?" she asked.

"It's a little early to go, isn't it?"

"Um…" she started.

"Lets go for a walk. Victoria beach is beautiful."

"Oh, yes," Good, she thought. This will give me an opportunity to talk to him a little more.They were walking on the beach and it was a full moon. The waves were up to their ankles. "You know Draco, this reminds me of a poem called The Highwayman."

"I know it," He said. "Ginny loved it. She went crazy over the damn muggle poem."

"You must have really loved Ginny, you know what she likes and doesn't like and everything," she said while walking away from the waves.

"Yeah. Once I've found out who betrayed us, I'll kill em," he said angrily.

"Ron said the same thing," Hermione brought up.

"Weasel King never did care about Ginny," he snorted.

"Ginny's his sister! Of course he cares!"

"He's probably the one that betrayed,"

"Draco!" Hermione cut him off. For a few minutes they just stood there in the moonlight with the waves going up and down occasionally touching their bare feet.

"I'm sorry," said Hermione and she ran away from towards the car. She ran as fast as she could with tears streaking down her cheeks and Draco just stood there behind her.

"Hermione, wait!" he yelled after her and started running. He ran for a few seconds and finally caught up with her and grabbed her arm.

Hermione stood there sobbing in front of him. "I'm the one who should be sorry." He whispered. "I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Draco," she said between sobs. They stood for a few seconds and their faces were just inches apart and…

Edited by PixieDust91 - 19 years ago
PixieDust91 thumbnail
thanx misha! i'm starting a new one-shot fanfic based on an old english poem called the highwayman. this story should be done in probably a week and a half.
enkay thumbnail
good job! but i dont really want hermoine with draco.... great wrk tho! very intriguing...