Posted: 12 years ago

Mona jaisi koi nahin

Mona jaisi koi nahin

She wooed the nation with Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. And now, six years later, Mona Singh is back as a devoted mother of three in Kya Hua Tera Vada. For those of us who had almost forgotten that Mona has the ability to perform emotional scenes in a restrained manner, this serial sure is reminder of her forte as an actress.

The scene where she watches her daughter wistfully eyeing a tennis racket as she wrestles with her conscience to buy herself an ex-pensive sari strikes a chord. Or when she quietly goes about her work as her husband vents his anger out at her, she is subtle and effective. Mona, who plays her namesake, is married to Pradeep (actor Pavan Shankar) for a decade. Pavan is the average middle-class working professional who is desperately working hard for his promotion β€” one that will help him provide his wife and kids a better lifestyle. But, his superior passes off Pavan's project as his own to the big boss, while Pavan feels helpless and angry. Pavan Shankar is a highly underrated actor with boy-next-door looks that actually work to his advantage in this serial.

The opening scene of a chirpy Mona smiling through piles of work as the bai doesn't turn and waking up her kids with a radiant smile seems exaggerated, almost as unreal as those models in television ads, who wash clothes with bright smiles, not a hair out of place. No homemaker appears this patient when she is confronted with soiled vessels and three school -going kids first thing in the morning. But thankfully, the narrative gets more realistic as the serial progresses.

The serial highlights the woes of a married couple who yearn for some intimate moments but are trapped in the daily routine of raising three kids. The first episode is promising enough to make you watch this serial. Meanwhile, in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha which began a few weeks back, Megha Vyas, who plays Sunita a widowed mother of two kids, continues to spar with Mohan a newspaper re-porter who helps her daughter place a matrimonial ad in the newspaper.

Akanksha Singh who plays Megha appears much too young to play the role of a widowed mother with an eight-year-old daughter. She also appears somewhat expressionless in crucial scenes, so it's tough to figure whether she is sad, angry or indifferent. In comparison, her co-star Kunal Karan Kapoor who plays Mohan, fits the role of a maverick reporter and is a tad better than her performance wise. The serial attempts to promote widow remarriage, which is a great social message but you also know as the characters spend time with each other, even if it is to argue, they will fall in love eventually.

Both these serials show a lot of potential for they have at least attempted to highlight real issues that families face. Now it remains to be seen how they evolve over time!..

God! what is this article! This article says Aakanksha is expressionless! I have never been so much impressed about any debut actress in a very long time. She looks too young thats acceptable. But even that should not be a problem as long as they manage to make us believe that she is the mother of eight-year-old Nanhi. They have succeed in that, i think. 

I don't know wrote / edited this article. When they are publishing something for public view, shouldn't they atleast properly proofread it properly. 

Line from the article: 

Megha Vyas, who plays Sunita a widowed mother of two kids, 

Next para says "Aakanksha Singh who plays Megha" 

Anyway thanks for sharing. I should only think any publicity is good, even if it is badly written article like this one and many others too. 

subrash ..totally agree with you ...i am really pissed with kind of articles ..girl who is playing megha is doing wonderful job..chalol its good publicity πŸ˜•
Askanksha is a fab actress..πŸ‘ No actress in her 1st show has emoted so well..πŸ‘

MegHan love story...😍 
I want them to fall in love with each other.. gradually..!😳 

Okay, this article is already a joke because they can't even get the name of the character and the actress right.

Megha Vyas plays Sunita? Really? What kind of journalism is this? Totally embarrassing...πŸ˜•

Edited by Tonks611 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Akanksha Singh who plays Megha appears much too young to play the role of a widowed mother with an eight-year-old daughter. She also appears somewhat expressionless in crucial scenes, so it's tough to figure whether she is sad, angry or indifferent. In comparison, her co-star Kunal Karan Kapoor who plays Mohan, fits the role of a maverick reporter and is a tad better than her performance wise. The serial attempts to promote widow remarriage, which is a great social message but you also know as the characters spend time with each other, even if it is to argue, they will fall in love eventually.

Both these serials show a lot of potential for they have at least attempted to highlight real issues that families face. Now it remains to be seen how they evolve over time!..

LOL is this article written as a means of praising Mona and bringing down Aakanksha??

EXPRESSIONLESS?? Is this writer watching the same show??? Aakanksha is superb in portraying subtle nuances as Megha...I guess RESTRAINED acting has become extinct on TV so the writer wouldn't recognized it if it hit him/her in the face also.

But LOL it is quite hilarious that a few weeks back there was some article saying that Kunal isn't good enough or "hawt" enough as Mohan and now someone feels Aakanksha isn't good enough as MeghaπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...no one can praise them both together...nuks nikaalne ka kaam chal raha hai aevein.

And I think Aakanksha looks convincing as a  young widowed mother...she's got the dignity of the character down perfectly...

If they can find "cliche" in NBT, they don't see the glaring ones in Mona's new show filled with Kekta cliches where and the whole extra marital affair fundas looming?
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Tonks611

Okay, this article is already a joke because they can't even get the name of the character and the actress right.

Megha Vyas plays Sunita? Really? What kind of journalism is this? Totally embarrassing...πŸ˜•

LMAO this is television "journalism" to you...goes to show how "carefully" they watch these shows to write so much about themπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
P.S. and I must add...umm the show isn't promoting widow remarriage...they make it sound like it's some "message" show like Balika Vadhu or something...the treatment of the show is about the unlikely relationship that develops b/w two such diametrically opposite individuals...

Honestly WATCH something before you talk about it.
Thanx for posting the article Tanu, But I disagree that Akanksha is expressionless.
I like her and the show...its different and quite sweet and light hearted one...In fact quite enjoyable...
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Mona jaisi koi nahin

The serial highlights the woes of a married couple who yearn for some intimate moments but are trapped in the daily routine of raising three kids. The first episode is promising enough to make you watch this serial. Meanwhile, in Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha which began a few weeks back, Megha Vyas, who plays Sunita a widowed mother of two kids, continues to spar with Mohan a newspaper re-porter who helps her daughter place a matrimonial ad in the newspaper.

@red: The title should have been a clear hint to me about the content of this article. Clearly, as far as the author is concerned, Mona jaisi waqai koi nahi. *rolls eyes*

@blue: Mona may be a great actress, no doubt. But discrediting an otherwise good actress just to maska-maro your favorite is beyond. I find this writing ignorant and a clear indication of how the author has definitely not been able to peel his/her eyes away from Mona's show long enough to watch any other show before they go writing articles on the same. And so I can't be bothered to give a crap about their opinion either. Whatever sir. Whatever. *annoyed-at-ignorant-writers muh*