Kkusum
Kkusum

Kshitij turns negative

mfarhaniqbal33 Senior Member
mfarhaniqbal33
mfarhaniqbal33

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:41pm | IP Logged

Somewhere you have said that Kshitij
of 'Kkusum' is closer to your heart than Sahil of 'KSBKBT'!
n I enjoy both, but feel much closer to Kshitij as it was my first major break on television. Like Kshitij, I value relationships and human values. Basically, Kshitij is very loyal and upfront, who believes in giving to the people he loves. A woman would want to have a son, husband, boyfriend or friend like him. Sahil is also very similar, but the situations in his family make him behave differently. Like Kshitij, even I am a bachelor and am into romance.

We've heard stories about your romance with the creative head of Balaji!
(Laughs) How can you say this? We are good friends. In fact, it's more a working relationship that we share. I am already engaged. She is an actress and has worked in Supari. Now she is dabbling with a couple of other things. Her name is Vinisha. That's all I can say at the moment.

When are you getting married?
No immediate plans as such. Maybe next year.

You are also known to throw a lot of attitude on the sets and had even beaten up somebody on the sets recently!
(Laughs) That was something that was blown out of proportion. Sometimes when you have long working hours you tend to get into arguments with people on the sets. This was a case where I felt that someone was not doing his work despite several reminders. It was a question of being ethical. Finally, I had to be very firm with the person, which was misconstrued as me being rude and arrogant. It's very important to maintain your cool on the sets, especially when you are working long hours. 

Haven't you been offered negative roles?
 (Laughs) Not as yet. But in between, they were planning to give Kshitij negative shades. It was like how much more will he keep taking from people, so there would be a bit of negativity about him. But people would have felt that he's justified in being that way.

Most actors find negative roles very challenging!
As an actor, I would love to do anything challenging and different. I feel characters are not really different, it's what you are as an actor that gives the character different dimensions.

What do you feel about the original Kusum coming back to the serial?
For me, the character and what she stands for remains the same, irrespective of whoever is playing it. I was quite attached to Mansi and shared a great working relationship with her. She's a lovely person. I don't know Nausheen too well as I have had only a few interactions with her when I joined the serial. But I shared a good rapport with her. She comes across as a nice person.

Are you doing any new shows?
Recently I was offered a good role by Aruna Irani but couldn't take it up owing to time constraints. At the moment, I'm too full with Kkusum and KSBKBT.

Do you feel that serials are very female dominated?
Not any more. Times have changed. Today, the situations and stories revolve around both men and women. Television is becoming parallel to films.

Don't you feel that the media is hyping up television actors too much these days?
It's all part and parcel of the game. People want to know about anything that is growing in popularity. But the media being in a responsible position needs to know where to draw the line.

Would you like an intrusion into your privacy in return for a share of the limelight?
I think that's a short cut to success and fame. All these things are manipulative. I believe in working hard. I only rely on hard work and perseverance to take me places. The rest will follow. Since I don't believe in all this, I think I'd be the wrong person to comment much on it.

How about films?
I am doing a film, Windows which is a US venture. It is still in the pre-production stage. I have no problems doing the typical masala Hindi films too, as I can relate to all that.

Any other plans besides acting?
As of now, I am happy to be just acting. I'll cross the bridge when I come to it.

How would you like to see yourself five years from now?
I just believe in living each day and drawing the most out of it

Jots

Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks for posting.
samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharin
jasmineA Groupbie
jasmineA
jasmineA

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
THANKS ALOT. HE IS MY FAVOURITE STAR IN KKUSUM.
ThE_kHan07 IF-Rockerz
ThE_kHan07
ThE_kHan07

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
ConfusedWhat??i am so Kkonfused wid Kkusum these dayz!
Kiran1018 Goldie
Kiran1018
Kiran1018

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article......i love kshitij.....it will be interesting to see him in a different shade.
anam2004 Senior Member
anam2004
anam2004

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing... yea it wud be interesting to see him in a negetive role.. I won't really mind it.. Smile
gold111 Groupbie
gold111
gold111

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 3:13am | IP Logged

to mfarhaniqbal33
Haven't you been offered negative roles?
 (Laughs) Not as yet. But in between, they were planning to give Kshitij negative shades. It was like how much more will he keep taking from people, so there would be a bit of negativity about him. But people would have felt that he's justified in being that way.

just read it carefully & try to transalt in ur own language: what he wants to say.... he is talking about PAST...NOT PRESENT.....read carefully man....

Go to top