Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Shiv's worship and Daksh's Shraap

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 31 January 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
Can some one enlighten me  when Daksh gives a Shraap to Shiv, and we still worship Shiv Ling in the temples.

I couldn't follow that part

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malwica2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shiv's worship and Daksh's Shraap" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ary42

ary42

Posted: 31 January 2012 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
the shraap had no effect that's why i think.

Edited by ary42 - 05 February 2012 at 3:26am

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 31 January 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged

In pruran's this story is mentioned this way, once Daksh arranged a mahayagya, every one including Brhmaji, Shivji, Sati were present, this was after Shivji's marriage. When daksh entered the place everyone got up except Brhmaji & Shivji. Brhmaji being his father, Daksh didn't say anything but he got angry at Shivji, inspite of being his SIL he didn't get up. So he started insulting Shivji on his look, way of living. He cursed shivji that he will not be worshiped any more. Nandi got enraged at Daksh, he cursed him that he will become goat faced. Bhrigu too joined he cursed Shivji's followers will be wandering every where. While all this countercursing was going on Shivji remained calm, he told Nandi, due to lack of knowledge you have cursed Daksh, a brahmin, but his curse will not affect us. Hearing this Nandi calmed down.

Here too, though they are not showing this story but the curse part is same, so as per the original version,  Daksh's curse will not affect Shivji.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

belissimanaj7prc_fan1shali.Reshama.shanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 01 February 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged
Thnaks a lot for clarifying , I wish they show all instances if Shiv's life but they have more focus on Shiv and Sati story so I think they will show the needful 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12prc_fan1

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.