Was Amar Upadhyay the first choice for male lead?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/kyaa-hua-tera-vaada-was-amar-upadhyay-the-first-choice-to-play-mona-singh-husband/

The Bigg Boss 5 housemate claimed Ekta Kapoor had approached him for a show and he turned her down! Really?

You all know Amar Upadhyay was not very happy with the result of Bigg Boss 5. Not only did he lose out on the top prize, he came fifth! The actor minced no words in expressing his disappointment and how he was the deserving winner. Anyway, Amar also mentioned something else that had us raising our eyebrows. While discussing his return to television after a longtime, he revealed that he had actually been approached for a fiction show by Ekta Kapoor. However, he turned her down. While he refused to disclose which show it was, he did say that it was for a serial on Sony. Now Ekta has two show son Sony – Bade Acche Lagte Hain starring Ram Kapoor and Sakshi Tanwar, and Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada starring Mona Singh and Pawan Shankar.

If you've followed Bade Acche… you'll know that Ram's physique has a lot to do with the character. Amar is much leaner. Add to that the fact that during the launch of Bade Acche…, Ekta had mentioned that she had conceived the show keeping Ram in mind. But Ekta did not make any such statement regarding Pawan during the launch of Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada. All she was willing to say was how Mona was the first and only choice for the female lead. So it is safe to say that Amar was referring to KHTV, don't you agree? Anyway, wethink that if Amar wants to regain his lost Mihir Virani glory, he should grab whatever he gets with both hands. Especially if it is an Ekta Kapoor show. She is the only one who could make him a star first time around with Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and if there is anyone who could resurrect his television career, it's Ekta. Not that we are all that keen on seeing him back on our small screens, especially after tolerating him for so long on Bigg Boss 5. He can take his time choosing the "right role", we don't mind!

Is this guy delusional or what...the whole world and it's uncle knows that Apurva Agnihotri was the first choice to play the role. This is the first time I'm hearing of Amar even being in the running.
Anjali I agree with you I doubt he was ever asked
Some missunderstanding

AA was approached for this role😍...AA why did u reject the role😒..Anyway, no AU for Mona even if he was never offered the role.Thanks blyton

Edited by adigaag - 12 years ago
Yes Apurva was offered the role, I guess he had two offers one for this and the other of another show he was inclined to do that show,  and I guess he did play the role of a father in Bidaaii though it was short lived I was extremely impressed by the role, and I look forward to Mona's performance in KHTV I am sure she will give her best and the chemistry will be pleasing with Pawan 
Originally posted by adigaag

AA was approached for this role😍...AA why did u reject the role😒..Anyway, no AU for Mona even if he was never offered the role.Thanks blyton

Yes he TURNED IT DOWN 😲😭 , for which I am still furious at him. Anyway, the three different reasons reported in the media were:
1. He demanded a very high price which Sony was not willing to pay.😕
2. He doesn't get along with Mona anymore.😭
3. His wife doesn't want him working with Mona.🤔

But no matter how down I may be on AA, it does not give any Tom, Dick or Amar the right to claim that he was actually considered as lead opposite our lovely Mona!😡
lol dillusions dillusions.. some people would do just anything to get 2mins of fame!!!
when ekta was casting male lead of kya hau tera vaada in novmeber and december. that time amar was in big boss 5 house so how thats possible ?
when big boss 5 finished, kya hau tera vaada promo were already on air with mona and pawan.
toh ekta ne kab amar ko approach kiya kya hua tera vaada ke liye ?

toh amar jhoot bol raha hai .
Edited by my_jaan - 12 years ago
guys one request .
please is forum ko active karo and naye threads open karo . about episode, actors, story and many more .

being approached and being on the show are two different things.. nobody even notices approachers after first few weeks.. its the real deal who matters so no need to spread stupid rumors to get noticed; instead, try finding a show to get noticed!