Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

Is Mona a well-balanced mother and wife?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anugupta

anugupta

Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
I think this show is good at illustrating the importance of the dual responsibility a woman holds as being a mother and a wife (and of course many other roles as well..) 

Judging from the first episode, it's nice to see that Mona understands Pradeep as well as her children. She keeps the house functioning properly and fulfills her responsibilities well. 

However she obviously leans more towards her duties as a mother and blindly obeys her children's whims and desires. I'm not judging if that's right or wrong, but there should be a limit to when you give them what they want/need and when you don't. For example, in todays episode when she buys her daughter the tennis gear--that seemed justified and understandable. However when she brings her son to the party...that seemed completely unnecessary. It was a business party and Rajveer had no business being there and nor was the party suitable for children. 

Also, the fact that Pradeep couldn't speak to his boss privately and manage to tell him the one line that the presentation was his...that was hard to fathom. Was his competitor's wife so loud and obnoxious that she was blocking off everyone else from communicating? She was talking about sari's for God's sake...the men had nothing to do with that conversation. He had the whole party to find time to mention that one little thing to his boss. His character seems childish and foolish for not having the courage or intelligence to fight for his right and to repeatedly get bullied just because he can't speak and relies on his wife to make an impression with her sari :/

Overall a good episode though. They should raise the bar of the show a little though and make the character's a bit more mature and realistic considering the theme itself is a mature one. 

And for heavens sake, please replace all these supporting character's as their acting was horrific and hard to watch. Loved Mona, Delnaaz, and Pawan though. Pawan is good with his facial and body expressions but his voice tone when it comes to acting could be improved. No complaints though :)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonmango-Kash-shanti05

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Mona a well-balanced mother and wife?" in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blyton

IF-Rockerz

blyton

Posted: 30 January 2012 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Good analysis...I would just say for now that Pradeep is MEANT to be a little immature; as Mona put it in an interview, it's the husband who is a little flippant (or else it will be hard to believe his getting into an extra-marital affair later in the story) while Mona is meant to be the more resilient one with more depth to her than is visible at first.  We see that Pradeep is a little materialistic and inclined to believe that rich people have it easy; he doesn't seem to be realise one needs to be bold and confident to achieve in life. This comes through in the party scene. And h wasn't distracted by the boss's wife but by his kid running amok.

But i agree that some actors should be replaced ASAP. WOuld love to see more of VImla bai though...she made me and my mom laughing our guts off.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosia

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 30 January 2012 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
Nice analysis, I would agree with you on many points..
Priorities change in life, and when you have kids its a different ball game altogether and Mona is doing her part of being a mom with the tight schedule she has as a homemaker  and fulfilling some wishes of her children and in the same time trying to balance with her husband, But priorities change or you are forced to take them as the years pass by in married life , Here I do see that happening with Mona.
Incase of Pradeep I would have wished he cleared the air that he made the presentation then and there at the meeting, he also would have had his friend convey the same as his reaction of sheer disappointment was seen , Later on when Mona brought the younger one to the party it would have built a little more and he was making it clearer at home when they returned with small arguments as brining the little one to the party. There are these little things happening in life and I am looking forward to seeing how  the concept  and the characters hold through as the story unfolds and Mona and Pradeep see a better future fulfilling the dreams and what he expects and what Mona can wish for in her husband and family

The office people did'nt impress me they need workaround
Delnaaz is good yet to see more of her family if she is one good part of Mona's life

Will see more as the show progresses

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.