||KHTV Article Archives||No Comments - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago

Morality on Rampage - Infidelity finds home !

Friday, May 04, 2012 | 8:50:26 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    95 Comments
Morality on Rampage - Infidelity finds home !

Tellybuzz tries to decode why leading characters are walking lines of infidelity on almost all the shows these days...

Indian serials on GEC's talk of strong family ethics and an eternal love that knows no bounds. However, lately a new subtrack has found its mark in the stroyline - Infidelity! Some storylines like Kya Hua Tera Vada has the infidelty track as the main track while other shows like Balika Vadhu have it woven very deeply in to the story and moral fabrics.

Umpteen serials like Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?, Parichay Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka have infidelity as the sub track and is being utilized as the root cause of misunderstandings. What has led the Creatives imbibing this is in their story plots?

Palki malhotraTellybuzz got in touch with Palki Malhotra, Fiction Head at Cinevistas managing Channel V's Dil Dostii Dance, who said that infidelity is not a trend that is being incorporated in the television shows - "It is not a trend. Eventually all the shows today are a love story and it serves as a good misunderstanding or a conflict plot. To make the story line more juicy an external stimuli needs to be added. Cheating serves as a good threat and creatives feed on that threat."

India has reported an increase in the number of infidelity cases over the past few years and it is not shocking to see the trend being followed on the Indian Television. Ethos of Indian society did not allow for such topics to be discussed openly. Now with the fusion of cultures, such topics have stumbled out of the closet and have found a way in to the story lines.

Pawan shankarTellybuzz spoke to Pawan Shankar who plays the male lead Pradeep in 'Kya Huaa Tera Vaada' on Sony TV - "Infidelity as a word has always been exciting. It is a fantasy for most men and women. India being a very traditional country we are bound by social pressures and avoid going ahead with cheating. What we can not do , we like seeing on television or films. So, it works."

Infidelity has found its mark on Indian Television and despite the criticism, the Indian audience has accepted it as a consequential plot in the storyline. One baffling point however is the portrayal of men as sinner and women as the sinned party. Indian Shows are biased and portray women as pristine objects.

Daljeet bhanotTellybuzz got in touch with Daljeet Bhanot who plays Anjali on Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? on Star and she feels that Indian audience still likes to believe in the old adage 'One Kings and Many queens , One queen and One King' - " I don't think the Indian audience will take a woman cheating on the husband very well. We are all hypocrites and in India we give this hypocrisy a name called 'Culture'. Indian women are portrayed to be epitome of tenets and value and are shown to be pristine. Messages that are shown on Television always have a little hesitation and are not loud and clear. Indian Television is all about emotional justification."

Will the Indian audiences be open to the idea of women cheating on their partners?

Reporter and Author - Medha Parashar

Mona to remarry in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada?

Purva Desai, TNN | Jun 5, 2012, 12.12PM IST
Read More:SONY TV|Mona Singh|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada|Karam Rajpal|Hiten Tejwani|Balaji Telefilms
Mona to remarry in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada?
Mona Singh & Hiten Tejwanihref="http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/tv/stars/hiten-tejwani-to-enter-kyaa-hua-tera-vaada/articleshow/13688914.cms" target="_blank">More Pics
Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaada on SONY TV is gearing up for some intense drama. The buzz surrounding the Singh household is Taani's wedding. But the groom in question remains a mystery. 

As Jatin Chopra aka Hiten Tejwani makes his entry on the show tonight, Taani (Priya Chauhan) will be devastated to find out that Madhav ( Karam Rajpal) and his family have not come for her proposal, rather they have come to see Jatin Chopra. When Mona breaks the news to Taani about Jatin's proposal, both Taani and Madhav get upset and angry.

Further in the episode, Jatin will unknowingly walk into Taani's room and mistake Mona for Taani. But once he realizes who Mona really is, he applauds her for her dedication towards Pradeep's family and even says he feels sorry for their marriage not working out.
Mona on the other hand is consoling Madhav and Taani when a sly Mallika (Ekta Saraiya) overhears the conversation. She along with Anushka (Mauli Ganguly) spills the beans in front of everyone, saying that Madhav is the guy who Taani was meeting secretly. They go a step further by accusing Mona of supporting the two lovers and hiding it from the family, leaving them shocked!

Also, in the upcoming episodes, Madhav and his family feel very insulted and Alok Singh (Bhuvan Chopra) aka Mona's father in-law questions her about Taani and Madhav's affair. She confirms in the positive and Mallika and Anushka smile in glee. Jatin leaves the Singh household complementing them on being a wonderful family. Mona even convinces Alok to take Taani's proposal to Madhav and his family to which he agrees.

But here's the shocking twist. In the upcoming episodes, when Alok approaches Madhav's father, Madhav refuses to marry Taani! He confesses to taking his revenge on Taani for rejecting him the first time. He even tells Mona that he helped her in getting the job to build a good boy image! Taani is numb when Madhav tells her he never loved her! This angers Pradeep a lot and he blames Mona for using his sister to get a job and landing Taani in all the mess. Mona even tries to sort out the difference with Madhav!

Anushka and Mallika take advantage of this to incite Pradeep but Alok interferes and shuts the two up! Suddenly they get a call from Jatin's family saying they want to come over and talk about the rishta! Mona decks Taani up and brings her in front of Jatin. But the real drama has only begun. The entire Singh household will be in for a shock when Jatin tells everyone that he wants to marry Mona!

When Contacted, Hiten Tejwani confirmed the news, " Yes I will ask for Mona's hand in the upcoming episodes of the show". When asked if there was marriage on the cards between Jatin and Mona, Hiten refused to comment, " At this point I am unaware so I cannot say anything".

It will be interesting to see if the two eventually get married!

Will Pradeep divorce Mona in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada?

Purva Desai, TNN | Jun 11, 2012, 01.41PM IST
Read More:SONY TV|Pawan Shankar|Mona Singh|Kya Huaa Tera Vaada|Hiten Tejwani
Will Pradeep divorce Mona in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada?
Mona SinghMore Pics
TOI was the first to report about Jatin's (Hiten Tejwani) marriage proposal to Mona ( Mona Singh) on Sony TV's Kyaa Huaa Tera Vaada.

Now, we're back with the latest updates on the show! After the drama and hype surrounding Jatin's proposal to Mona, the Singh household is in turmoil. In the upcoming episodes, Pradeep (Pawan Shankar) will be baffled by the proposal and finds it hard to digest the news. He even explodes at Anushka (Mouli Ganguly) saying that Mona will never get re-married and Anushka is surprised by Pradeep's reaction.

Meanwhile, both Suhasi (Apara Mehta) and Alok (Bhuvan Chopra) are confused about their daughter in-law's future. While Alok feels it's a good opportunity for Mona to move on in life, Suhasi is skeptical. Says Apara aka Suhasi, "This is a wonderful scene where I'm very upset with Jatin for proposing to Mona. I'm angry because I feel how can he marry her when she is a mother of three kids. As Suhasi, I believe that Mona's happiness is only with Pradeep and his relationship with Anushka is temporary".

She further adds, "Mein himmat banaye rakhti hoon. In my heart I feel Pradeep will come back and I don't think Mona will ever re-marry. But my onscreen husband explains it to me that Mona has every right to move on and live a happy life. He further convinces me that he will check Jatin's credentials properly. And that's when it begins to make sense to me". Further in the episodes, we will see Alok falling sick and a concerned Mona decides to meet Jatin on his insistence, albeit hesitantly. Even Suhasi reasons with her bahu and convinces her to at least consider the proposal for her father in-laws' sake.

Finally, Alok will go up to Pradeep on Mona's behalf and convince him to divorce her so that she can marry Jatin. But Pradeep is shocked with news. Will he accept another man in Mona's life and set her free by giving her a divorce? When contacted, Pawan Shankar aka Pradeep remained unavailable for comment.

Keep watching this space for the latest updates on Kya Huaa Tera Vaada.

KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Hiten Tejwani turns Manav into Jatin for Mona Singh
Tags:
Ekta Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Hiten Tejwani, Hiten Tejwani KHTV, Hiten Tejwani Kya Hua Tera Vaada, KHTV Show, Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Kya Hua Tera Vaada Ekta Kapoor,Kya Hua Tera Vaada Show Sony, Pavitra Rishta
KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Hiten Tejwani turns Manav into Jatin for Mona Singh
Yogen Shah
comments 0

But can he do the near-impossible and raise the show's plummeting ratings?

Didn't we tell you how Ekta Kapoor has been introducing elements from her older, more famous shows to raise Kya Hua Tera Vaada's ratings? Nothing's worked so far and with rumours of KHTV going off the air doing the rounds, she's played the ace that she had hidden up her sleeve. She's brought in her own Mr Dependable, Hiten Tejwani. He's the only actor who can stir any kind of viewer interest in the show, she thinks. Whenever Ekta has needed someone to break a show's monotony or replace another actor, she's brought in Hiten. The most recent instance was when she signed him on to replaceSushant Singh Rajput as Manav in Pavitra Rishta. She has done it again with KHTV.

Hiten has entered the beleaguered show as Jatin, a prospective suitor for Taani who falls for Mona (played by Mona Singh) instead. He considers Mona the ideal wife, even though he knows nothing about her past. While we are always happy to see more of Hiten ' even though it's just a cameo ' it's unfortunate that he is playing another character like Manav. Jatin is understanding, sympathetic and considerate towards our heroine. The older Manav may be an angry man, but at the core he is ' at the risk of repeating ourselves ' an understanding, sympathetic and considerate hero. We sure don't want to see Hiten playing the good guy all the time. Something a li'l spicier would make KHTV more interesting to watch, wethink.

But what about you? Would you be interested in tuning in to KHTV just to see Hiten be the ideal oh-so-supporting man, one more time? Or would you prefer to see him in a different kind of role?