||KHTV Article Archives||No Comments

Posted: 12 years ago
Welcome To The Article Archives Section Of Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

Here You Will Find All Articles Related To The Show

Refrain From Posting Comments

Thank You

Edited by gaurav_fan - 12 years ago

Untitled Wizcraft show for Sony on halt!

Untitled Wizcraft show for Sony on halt!

With its hands full, Sony TV stalls an upcoming show...

Tellybuzz had earlier reported about Wizcraft's upcoming show on Sony TV. The untitled show which was about one of the phases of a girl's life is based on a bestselling novel.

But the latest we hear is that even before the production could start its shoot; a call from the channel informing their inability to telecast the show, stalled any further work. The reason is that the channel is too busy with their on-going shows which are doing well for the channel. It is well aware that the channel recently cleared a slot for Balaji Telefilms' Kya Huaa Tera Vaadastarring Mona Jaswir Singh and Pawan Shankar.

"Therefore, the entire work right from the casting has been paused and will continue only when the channel gives a green signal.The show has been put on an indefinite hold", signs off the source.

An anonymous source from the production house confirmed the buzz.

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar

Mona Singh and Ekta Kapoor bond over their new show 'Kya Hua Tera Vaada'

It was time for mutual admiration between the women at the launch of their new show

Kya Hua Tera Vaada is important for two women, for two reasons: Mona Singh returns to fiction shows after more than six years, and Ekta Kapoor returns to her fave letter K after Bade Achche Lagte Hain. And the two were upbeat and happy about each other's role in the show to the extent that Pawan Shankar and Delnaz Paul were forgotten for some time. Mona was enthusiastic that Ekta looked into every aspect of the show – from the casting to the dialogues and the setting of the scene. "The forces that made me accept the show were the concept, the character and Ekta," said Mona. Ekta, for her part, was equally happy about casting Mona. "I chased her for four months. Mona has a naturalness with her co-actor (to make it believable that her character has been married for ten years), she has the ability to make moments dramatic without making them filmi,"said Ekta.

All this female bonding, hugs and huge smiles may look good for the cameras, but it did make us wonder if either of them has already begun to regret their decision about being a part of the show and asking each other, "Kya hua tera  vaada?" (Why did you break your promise?)

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/mona-singh-and-ekta-kapoor-bond-over-kya-hua-tera-vaada/

Mona Singh: It's time for old actors to take control again

She rose to fame as the desi Ugly Betty act in Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, after which Mona Singh deliberately kept away from fiction shows. As she gears up to return to TV soaps with Ekta Kapoor's Kya Hua Tera Vaada, she says this is the right time for old actors to come back and take control of the small screen

"I have never planned anything in life; so this new show just happened. Yes, it was a deliberate decision not to take up a show immediately after Jassi… I was flooded with lots of offers, but I didn't take up anything because I felt if I did anything immediately after that, I would be compared to that show," Mona said.Post-Jassi…, Mona switched to reality shows. "To break out of Jassi's image, I had to get into reality TV. Now that people have known me as an anchor, as a participant and as an actor, now is the right time to come back to TV. It's time for old actors to come back and take control," added the actor. Lately, actors like Mohnish Behl, Sakshi Tanwar, Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy are getting to play key roles on the small screen, a long time after they established themselves with hit serials. Mona, who went on to win the first season of dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, also took to hosting reality shows like Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega and Star Ya Rockstar during her break from fiction content. She even made her way to the big screen with a small role in Rajkumar Hirani's blockbuster 3 Idiots.

Now she is returning to fiction content on the tube after six years and feels with latest shows like Bade Achhe Lagte Hain and Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Indian telly is going back to basics. "TV has gone back to basics, relating to middle class family with real characters, less make-up and simple shots. I feel as an actor it is a delight to work in such shows," said the 31-year-old.

"When I was doing Jassi…, there was also Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, which was the top show. Both the shows were at par with each other. But Kyunki… was a very blingy show and Jassi.. was very simple, yet it did very well. After that I could not relate to TV because most of the shows were either village-based or were very rich in look. I couldn't relate with women working in the kitchen wearing kanjeevaram saris, and sindoor falling out of the head," she added.

In her upcoming show, which will go on air on Sony TV January 30, she will be seen as a sobre housewife. "The show talks about what happens to a couple after 10 years of marriage. It's a mature love story and talks about the little joys in life as love between the couple goes out of the window because priorities change. You think only of your kids first, then yourself, then husband. I am sure most of the women, who have been married for the past 10-15 years will easily relate to this show" she said.

So the obvious next question – when is Mona taking the plunge into marriage? "I do believe in the institution of marriage. I do see myself getting married, having children and being happily settled in life, but like I said I don't plan, so I don't know when it will happen but it will happen soon," she said.

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/mona-singh-its-time-for-old-actors-to-take-control-again/

I relate to my role in Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada: Pawan Shankar

Actor Pawan Shankar, who started his career with 'Siddhant', will be seen in Ekta Kapoor's relationship drama Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada. The TV star says playing a father-of-two in the soap was a cakewalk for him. The 37-year-old actor says being married in real life helped him understand the intricacies of the character in the show, which tracks the story of a married couple with three children. 

Talking to PTI, Pawan Shankar said, "I could relate to the character because being married in real life I also undergo through such situations. The show traces the love and togetherness in a typical Indian married couple, whose time and attention for each other survives the complexities and demands of life's problems." 

Initially, Shankar was skeptical to be a part of the show because of its woman-centric appeal. Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin fame Mona Singh plays his reel wife in the show, which will air on Sony channel from January 30. Pawan said, "Initially I was not very keen on playing a married man onscreen." 

The actor added, "But this show is different from the other saas bahu sagas that Ekta used to produce.Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada is a simple serial with loads of real life issues in it. After seeing the promo, my friends called up and said whether I was narrating their story on-screen. Audience don't take interest in shows which they can not relate to."

No godfather, only talent works: Pawan Shankar

His characterisation of a lawyer in popular TV show "Siddhant" won him a lot of accolade and now television actor Pawan Shankar will be seen in Ekta Kapoor's " Kya Hua Tera Vaada" opposite Mona Singh.

Pawan says one doesn't need a godfather to carve a niche as only talent works in the television industry.

"People should understand that one doesn't need any godfather to be successful in the industry. If you are suited for a particular role, you would definitely be approached. People today are investing big time in creating good stories and they are looking for people who can do justice a role," Pawan told IANS.

The 37-year-old hails from a political family in Allahabad. But after completing his MBA, he chose to work in Delhi as a marketing executive. Pawan admits it is tough to sustain in the small screen industry as there is no stability.

"Television is tough as you don't have stability. Right now, you may be at the top and then, the very next day you may be back to ground level. I would advise all the newcomers ...don't come to the industry with the idea of just earning money or earning fame, you have to be passionate towards work," he said.

"And if you have the talent and passion, you will definitely succeed. Good work would keep coming to you and money will follow," he added.

Pawan has been very selective in his roles. After foraying into television as a lawyer in popular TV show "Siddhant", he later did "Vicky Ki Taxi". After two and a half years, he is returning to the tube with Ekta Kapoor's "Kya Hua Tera Vaada".

"It took me long to come back because I was not able to relate to the kind of shows that were being made at the time, so there was no point of doing them. I had started off with a show which became very popular, after that I was not satisfied with the kind of roles that I was getting," he said.

"Like Ekta had set a trend with saas-bahu sagas, she is again setting the trend with realistic shows and if the product is good, then why not be a part of it. I had decided if I have to return to TV, it would be with a bang," he added.

Pawan is delighted to see that middle-aged men are making a comeback on small screen in lead roles, but says it is just a trend and wouldn't be permanent.

"Kya Hua Tera Vaada" will see Mona Singh playing his wife. The show will go on air on SonyJan 30.

Khushbu Thakkar to do a cameo in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

Khushbu Thakkar to do a cameo in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada

Khushbu Thakkar in Kya Huaa Tera Vaada...

Khushbu Thakkar, a journo turned actress, last seen in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi as Preeto, is currently busy with Hats Off Production's Sasuma on Star Plus.

A reliable source informs Tellybuzz, "Khusbhu has been roped in to play a cameo in Sony TV'sKya Huaa Tera Vaada under the Balaji Telefilms banner. She would essay the character of Bitto, a cousin of Mona Jaswir Singh."

"She has already shot for the episode and will now resume shooting for Sasuma" ,adds the source.

We contacted Khushbu Thakkar and she confirms, "Yes, I have shot for Kya Huaa Tera Vaada and it was a great experience to work with Balaji."

Hope the audience likes the show as it hits the screens tonight!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar