Book Talk

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 9

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 9
Page 7 Page 9

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 February 2012 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spiritcrimson

@Mahi

Katniss only thought about herself. She was really quite selfish. She'd do the things best suited for her interest. She'd think about herself before thinking about anyone else. Not necessarily a bad trait, but I just felt she didn't give Peeta enough. He gave her his everything. He was ready to die for her. And yes, when Haymitch said that, I was like, you couldn't have been more right about that one, Haymitch. 

And yes, that sig! I loooved that part in the book. those cave scenes. Man I will die during the cave scenes in the movie! I like flirtatious Peeta, and adorable Peeta!

If Gale and Katniss would've happened, I probably wouldn't have liked the book too much. Peeta deserved that happy ending. And yeah, the whole anti-peeta thing, she wasn't helping him. And if it was her in Peeta's place, you know how patient and supportive peeta would've been. Katniss should have shown more affection to Peeta. But the 'stay with me' 'always' part touched me the most. And real or not real. that was beautiful. 
the movie's gonna be amazing. I can't wait!

The cave part was my most favorite part of the first book. I totally loved every bit of it.. And that's when Katniss really starts to have feelings for him too.. that's when she really realizes that it's not just a pretense, that she feels more for Peeta than just to put up a scene for the capitol. The part where Peeta says "We are supposed to be madly in love so feel free to kiss me anytime" make me laugh and love him even more. It was too cute!!

And 'Stay with me' 'always' left me in tears.. especially because Katniss actually realizes he said 'always' when he was in the capitol.  It broke my heart.. She was really in pain when Peeta was in the capitol.  Though I wish she had treated him with more love and affection when he was rescued, she did go through so much pain when he was in the capitol, especially when she realizes that Snow is keeping him to break her so he'll be punished for every mockingjay stunt she pulls.  It was heartbreaking. 

I also liked the part at the beach during the 2nd Quarter Quell when Katniss admits that if something happened to Peeta, there's only one person who'll be damaged beyond repair.. her.

I'm 200% sure that if it wasn't Katniss-Peeta at the end, I won't love the series as much. In fact, it'd be just one of the many others I read.  Of course, THG is much more than a love story... and I loved the whole story and those recurring themes, but Peeta is my favorite character. And after all he went through, after all he did for his love, he deserved to finally have his happily ever after.

You know one thing I love about the trailers is that they aren't showing much of the actual games.  They keep giving background stuff and building up to the games, but don't really show anything of the actual games and of course the cave scenes. I can't wait.  Initially I wasn't super excited about the cast, but they've been growing on me especially Josh.. I now feel like he makes the perfect Peeta.. look at his shocked and vulnerable face at the reaping and then determined expression the night before the games start.  Jennifer has done a pretty good job as Katniss too. Haven't seen much of Liam, but he looks convincing as Gale. Haymitch and Cinna too.. even though I was expecting a different and much younger Cinna.. And of course, Rue.. her part leaves me in tears... especially they show her glimpse stalking Katniss at training. Cry I think I'm gonna break down at her death part in the theatres.. don't care what others think, already just watching the trailer brings tears to my eyes.. she's so young.. so innocent..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Page 6)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 17 February 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Originally posted by spiritcrimson

@Mahi

Katniss only thought about herself. She was really quite selfish. She'd do the things best suited for her interest. She'd think about herself before thinking about anyone else. Not necessarily a bad trait, but I just felt she didn't give Peeta enough. He gave her his everything. He was ready to die for her. And yes, when Haymitch said that, I was like, you couldn't have been more right about that one, Haymitch. 

And yes, that sig! I loooved that part in the book. those cave scenes. Man I will die during the cave scenes in the movie! I like flirtatious Peeta, and adorable Peeta!

If Gale and Katniss would've happened, I probably wouldn't have liked the book too much. Peeta deserved that happy ending. And yeah, the whole anti-peeta thing, she wasn't helping him. And if it was her in Peeta's place, you know how patient and supportive peeta would've been. Katniss should have shown more affection to Peeta. But the 'stay with me' 'always' part touched me the most. And real or not real. that was beautiful. 
the movie's gonna be amazing. I can't wait!

The cave part was my most favorite part of the first book. I totally loved every bit of it.. And that's when Katniss really starts to have feelings for him too.. that's when she really realizes that it's not just a pretense, that she feels more for Peeta than just to put up a scene for the capitol. The part where Peeta says "We are supposed to be madly in love so feel free to kiss me anytime" make me laugh and love him even more. It was too cute!!

And 'Stay with me' 'always' left me in tears.. especially because Katniss actually realizes he said 'always' when he was in the capitol.  It broke my heart.. She was really in pain when Peeta was in the capitol.  Though I wish she had treated him with more love and affection when he was rescued, she did go through so much pain when he was in the capitol, especially when she realizes that Snow is keeping him to break her so he'll be punished for every mockingjay stunt she pulls.  It was heartbreaking. 

I also liked the part at the beach during the 2nd Quarter Quell when Katniss admits that if something happened to Peeta, there's only one person who'll be damaged beyond repair.. her.

I'm 200% sure that if it wasn't Katniss-Peeta at the end, I won't love the series as much. In fact, it'd be just one of the many others I read.  Of course, THG is much more than a love story... and I loved the whole story and those recurring themes, but Peeta is my favorite character. And after all he went through, after all he did for his love, he deserved to finally have his happily ever after.

You know one thing I love about the trailers is that they aren't showing much of the actual games.  They keep giving background stuff and building up to the games, but don't really show anything of the actual games and of course the cave scenes. I can't wait.  Initially I wasn't super excited about the cast, but they've been growing on me especially Josh.. I now feel like he makes the perfect Peeta.. look at his shocked and vulnerable face at the reaping and then determined expression the night before the games start.  Jennifer has done a pretty good job as Katniss too. Haven't seen much of Liam, but he looks convincing as Gale. Haymitch and Cinna too.. even though I was expecting a different and much younger Cinna.. And of course, Rue.. her part leaves me in tears... especially they show her glimpse stalking Katniss at training. Cry I think I'm gonna break down at her death part in the theatres.. don't care what others think, already just watching the trailer brings tears to my eyes.. she's so young.. so innocent..
Yeah the cave part actually makes Katniss feel something for real. But it still hurts that Katniss thinks Peeta is acting for the games. How could she not see it was all real?
Oh my god, yes! And then he's like, Katniss, how about that kiss? Peeta was so adorable during those scenes. it was just, so adorable.

I know in Mockingjay when Katniss actually figured out how the capitol was using Peeta and then she couldn't get a single word out and started sobbing uncontrollably. It was heartbreaking. At that moment she only wanted Haymitch to comfort her. Haymitch never showed it, but he loved Peeta too. I wonder how he would've been feeling. And the second quarter quell..oh my god that kiss was also so real for her..it was a beautiful scene..

I know the book is much more than a love story, but really, Peeta deserved that happy ending more than anyone..let's recount, he got tortured by the capitol, he broke his leg, he lost his entire family in the district 12 bombing..and yet all he wanted was Katniss to be safe and happy. If katniss would've ignored Peeta despite all this, I probably would've not liked the series half as much as I do now.

I was initially disappointed by the casting for Peeta, but now Josh is actually growing on me and I think Josh is the perfect Peeta. Jennifer is a perfect Katniss. I love the casting for everyone actually. Liam is good as Gale too. And I love Cinna's casting.

Rue! Oh my god, I sobbed so hard when she died. It was like, terrible. I didn't want her to die. :'(
In the movies I will be sobbing uncontrollably through out the movie. Really.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 February 2012 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
You've no idea how mad I was when she raises her bow to face Peeta at the end when they anulled the two winners possible announcement. I kept yelling at her, how could she? After all this, how could she even think Peeta would kill her?  In Mockingjay when Gale tells Peeta that she will pick the person she can't survive without, I thought that's so spot on. She is very selfish, thinks about herself before anyone else.. even before Peeta whose love for her is so pure and selfless.

Haymitch is not much of an expressive person, which is why I feel like these emotions are kind of eating him from the inside.. and which is why he's always drunk. But he does really love both of them, especially after they return from the Games. He definitely loves them both, and he really understands them too. That scene with Haymitch after she finally decides to become the Mockingjay.. that shows it. When she tells him that she can't believe he didn't rescue Peeta.. and he says he can't believe she let him out of her sight.. that scenes shows how much they both love Peeta.

I totally agree with everything you said about Peeta.  True love like that can never be ignored.  I just wish there were Peetas in real life Embarrassed Or even like 50% of our Peeta Embarrassed

I love Josh.. the more I see of him in interviews and stuff, the more I feel like there couldn't be another Peeta. He just seems so perfect for that role. He's a great guy too, intelligent and handsome.. quite a combination.  Wink

You know I also can't wait to see the last interview with Caesar after the Games.  Even though from Katniss' side it was all acting, I still thought it was rather cute the way she flings herself at Peeta, he stumbles back a little before steadying himself.. and then when Caesar taps on his shoulder to get on with the show, he shoves him back without even looking at him. I thought it was too cute. 

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 29 February 2012 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
ok so I'm still NOT done with the book...ugh but time is not on my side and I've been reading the book i my free time

It is definitely something that I had not expected especially the gruesome stuff, I'm on the part where Katnis is about to cut the wasp tree and before she found out that Peeta was possibly betraying her (I almost dropped my iPad when I read thatShocked)

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 01 March 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Don't worry, Tani, you still have 21 days to finish it Wink

That part was shocking! Read ahead and your doubts will be clarified Embarrassed

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 04 March 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
^thanks Mahi

yeah I was shocked about Peeta being the "traitor" but I really like how Katnis thinks...I love her relationship with Rue and I laughed at Cato's tantrumROFL

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 06 March 2012 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
ok so YAY I finally finished the first book...and I must say I almost devoured Part 3 I mean I could not put my iPad down...literally I read till my eyes were straining but it was all worth it and YES I'm done in time for the movie!

Ok so when I started the book I was hesitant in shipping either of the couples because I was thinking that the fandom is divided like in Teams (Peeta vs Gale) but I say I REALLY love Peeta and Katniss...I mean they are simply amazing. Katniss I love how vulnerable she gets when she is with Peeta its like I wanted to scream and say "You're already in love with him dammit"

I loved all of their time in the cave where their relationship really grew and then of course in the end when they're about to kill each other.

Overall I loved the book...SO worth the hype it's getting unlike another "saga" *cough* *cough*. I serioualy cannot wait for the movie and my Jennifer as Katniss AHH can she be more perfectDay Dreaming

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 March 2012 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Yayyy You so totally finished it early actually, Tani! But I can't waittt!! 17 days to go!

Have you seen the new clip they posted of Katniss and Cinna? 

I still don't believe in Gale vs. Peeta teams.. I think they're pointless.  I have always loved Peeta more, but I like Gale as Katniss' best friend.. I just don't see the two of them as a couple.. And when you finish the trilogy, you'll realize that they were always meant to be.. Peeta and Katniss.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top