Book Talk

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 9

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

Akankshaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Akankshaa.

Posted: 05 February 2012 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I know.. Rue's death was heartbreaking. I couldn't stop crying.. now watching the trailer and the scene during the training when Katniss looks at her breaks my heart every time. She was so young and innocent. Honestly you're the first person who likes Cato. I hate him and Foxface was bearable.. in terms of what she was doing whatever she did to stay alive, and she was quite smart. But Cato seemed to enjoy killing others.  And yes, he was being brutally tortured by the mutts. They weren't really the tributes, but the Capitol's creations to add mental torture to the game.

im not surprised. LOL i always end up liking the character that's not supposed to be liked. all the careers were supposed to be that way, weren't they? they were born and bred for the hunger games so i wasn't really surprised. the mutts had their eyes..and like, they looked like them. ofcourse they weren't really tributes, but like katniss i also wondered if they'd, like, altered their memories in a way that all they know is revenge? Stern Smile it was actually quite terrifying. getting the second book tomorrow Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
THG update from my side (if anyone caresLOL) OMG the book is getting so freaking intense ugh I damn school or else I would have been done with the first book by now but I am seriously loving Peeta and Katnis's relationship...lol its sweet and sour at the same time

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Akanksha_

im not surprised. LOL i always end up liking the character that's not supposed to be liked. all the careers were supposed to be that way, weren't they? they were born and bred for the hunger games so i wasn't really surprised. the mutts had their eyes..and like, they looked like them. ofcourse they weren't really tributes, but like katniss i also wondered if they'd, like, altered their memories in a way that all they know is revenge? Stern Smile it was actually quite terrifying. getting the second book tomorrow Big smile

Yes, all the careers are trained since an early age and prepared for The Hunger Games, which is why I didn't really like any of them because they are all one-dimensional, just wanting to kill others and win the games. There's no inner conflict, nothing to really make them interesting.. as opposed to Katniss or Peeta or Rue who have a million things going on in their minds throughout the entire games (even though we really only get to really know about Katniss' because of first person narrative).  

I don't want to reveal too much about the mutts but they are mentioned again in the second book and the concept gets clearer. All I can say for now is that they are kind of robots, programmed to behave in a certain way and do certain things. They really have nothing to do with the Tributes except that the Capitol created them keeping the tributes in mind because of their sadistic ways, they thought they'd enjoy it more butting the survivors against 'the dead' again.

Have fun reading the second one! I sometimes have a hard time picking my favorite from the trilogy.. it's like the story moves forward with the other two. I liked the second one because something totally unexpected happens. That's rare as mostly writers don't really take me by surprise, but Collins is one amazing writer. 

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

THG update from my side (if anyone caresLOL) OMG the book is getting so freaking intense ugh I damn school or else I would have been done with the first book by now but I am seriously loving Peeta and Katnis's relationship...lol its sweet and sour at the same time

Haha Thanks for the update, Tani. Trust me, I totally care since I have the almost annoying quality of discussing the books/shows/movies I love till there's literally nothing to discuss (or for me to say, which never really happens) LOL

I know, right! I love Katniss and Peeta's relationship. Actually I've loved Peeta since the first page he was mentioned on Embarrassed I kept thinking about how Katniss could be so blind and not see how much the guys loves her, but she has the tendency to do that a lot.  Have fun reading it! I'm glad I finished the trilogy before school started otherwise I would fall behind in all of my classes as I just can't resist reading a good book. 

In a couple weeks, the tickets for the movie will be on sale!!! I'm sooo excited already :D

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
^I am hoping to finish the book atleast by the time the movie comes out, which seems plausible for me since I wont be too busy by that time. I already bought the 2nd and third books too, they're waiting on my iBooksLOL

ugh like I said I wish I had time, I would have been done with the book right now but due to exams and college I've been busy to catch up

I'm only on the part where they've begun training and Katniss is beginning to get annoyed with Peeta for staying so close to her. Did I mention I love HaymitchROFL

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 06 February 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Oh Haymitch is one of my favorites!!! I love his sense of humor LOL He's just too good, especially his interaction with Katniss just cracks me up.  

Have fun reading, it gets even better after that.. and of course when the games actually begin.. as much heartbreaking and absolutely upsetting it got at times, I loved it after a certain announcement.. That's all I'm saying for now.. Tongue

Akankshaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Akankshaa.

Posted: 09 February 2012 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
THEY KILLED THE GUY WHO DID THE RUE WHISTLE. :'( when they went for the victory tour, in district 11, after katniss's speech, this guy sang rue's song & they shot him. Stern Smile i was like.. :O i knew theyre evil but killing someone for that? really?

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 11 February 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Can we have a Hunger Games forum? Really? I want to know ALL the hunger games fans out there.

Initially, I found the plot too gruesome too. But it's kind of set in the future, you know. And although it's a harsh way, it shows us the evilness of centralizing power in the hands of a single person. In this case, the capitol controls everything the districts do. The concept of Hunger Games is kind of different, which intrigued me. Of course it took me a while to get over the whole 'first person' present tense writing, but once I did, I can say I'm glad I read the book.

It's gripping, and the characters are definitely interesting. And Peeta Mellark, oh god, how I love him! I love this character so so much.
I like Gale too, but I just love Peeta so much more.

The characters are unique, the plot is interesting, and I think it makes for an amazing read. 

It's the only series after HP where the characters have touched me so much!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

Post Reply New Post

Go to top