Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 2 Page 9

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
I'm done reading the first two, off to the third one.  When I first heard about the trilogy, I found the idea to be too gruesome for me to pick up those books. Though it still is very hard for me to get over it, I think I love the trilogy because even though the concept is harsh and makes me feel awful at times, I love the way the simple themes are consistent:  Love, survival, honesty, courage, freedom, liberty. 

And I love Peeta Embarrassed

The movie's coming out in March and the trailer is UHHHMMAAZINGGG! 

Any other Hunger Games fans out there? What do you like the most about it? Which is your favorite book of the series?

EDIT - I finished the series and there's only one word I could think of to describe it, actually two Embarrassed - The Best!! I've read a ton of series, and most of them were good in some parts and boring in others. But this is one amazing series. So wonderfully written.

It's about freedom. Freedom to be who you are, freedom to do what you want, freedom to hope, freedom to love, freedom to care, freedom to be human, freedom to do everything you want for the people you love.

I strongly recommend the series! I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

-Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 01 February 2012 at 10:12am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

aishuvsweetscent13LavenderCrystaldevashree_h-Aishu-spiritcrimsonAngel-likeDevilhopehotVarunKiBiwi-Niha-Tani91Sunshine Girl

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LavenderCrystal

Goldie

LavenderCrystal

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
I am a Hunger Games fan too...Love the whole trilogy. My fav book is Catching Fire. That book portrayed a lot of emotions.

Talking about characters, I love Gale and Prim..Prim is so sweet and helpful while Gale is such a promising character. But I am not that fond of Katniss.

Even i am looking forward to the movie..Can't wait to see the arena part.

-Namreen

Edited by nimi697 - 26 January 2012 at 11:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_h-Mystery-

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
I love Prim too! She's sweet and seems so vulnerable at times (especially in the beginning) but at the same time, she's a strong with.. the healer.

As for Gale, I like him too but only as a character.. for some reason, Gale-Katniss don't click with me.  I like Katniss only because she has flaws.. some major ones.  Flaws always make characters real for me.. as they say, if someone/something is too good to be true, he/she/it probably is.  

I also really liked Rue.. sweet little thing with a lot of courage.  And Johanna for her daring nature and some pretty funny lines.

Haymitch's got some awesome lines too.  And a I said before, Peeta is my favorite. I just can't help loving him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LavenderCrystaldevashree_h-Aishu-spiritcrimson

LavenderCrystal

Goldie

LavenderCrystal

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged
i like Johanna too..She's too funny in Mockingjay
Peeta is nice though sometimes i feel his character is kinda weak
like he always needs someones help

Edited by nimi697 - 27 January 2012 at 12:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

devashree_h

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged
well i started hunger games a year back and i was like turning pages after pages to read what happens next in the first of the triology ... i always loved gale over peeta i donno why but i do i cant help it ... and after i have seen the promo with liam hemsworth as gale well i cant think of anything else hahahaha its comeing in march i guess m gonna see it

but i donno why after half of the second book i lost my esence in the series maybe i l go back and rread it but i donno the first book seemeed too perfect too tragic with the small girl dying ... i cant thik beyond that and second book didnt hold the eseence for me ...

devashree_h

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Just started reading the first one because frankly I saw the trailer and I love Jennifer Lawrence and I LOVED it and everyone here in my town (where Jenn is born!!!) is reading them,  so I downloaded and am reading it right now...I'm only on chapter 3 though so I'm not really far into the story but the premise and concept seems great and looks like we have the next Twilight( by that I mean a pop cultural phenomenon and not an abomination to literatureTongue)

Edited by Tani91 - 27 January 2012 at 2:39pm

devashree_h

_Tabs_

_Tabs_

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 2:50pm | IP Logged
i LOVE them...

my favorite book is the 2nd one..cuz it has a romantic edge to it ...LOL

i especially love peeta..
not sure i will watch the movie though...it might ruin the image of the book i hv in my mind

devashree_h

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimi697

i like Johanna too..She's too funny in Mockingjay
Peeta is nice though sometimes i feel his character is kinda weak
 like he always needs someones help

I just think his character is real. We all need someone's help at one point or the other, but that doesn't make us weak.  He's probably one of the most brave characters of the series.  It may be easy to put your life in danger for the person you love and who loves you back but it's courageous still put your life in danger for someone who doesn't return it. It's like what Katniss says at the end.. What makes Gale seem so strong and all is his fire.. kindled with hatred, rage.  Peeta's goodness, sincerity may make him seem weak but he's not.  He's that hope that things will be okay, that no matter how great the losses, one day it'll be okay.  I think Peeta is my most favorite character of the series, much more than Katniss.

Originally posted by aishwaryagayen

well i started hunger games a year back and i was like turning pages after pages to read what happens next in the first of the triology ... i always loved gale over peeta i donno why but i do i cant help it ... and after i have seen the promo with liam hemsworth as gale well i cant think of anything else hahahaha its comeing in march i guess m gonna see it

but i donno why after half of the second book i lost my esence in the series maybe i l go back and rread it but i donno the first book seemeed too perfect too tragic with the small girl dying ... i cant thik beyond that and second book didnt hold the eseence for me ...

Tragic, it is.  Even the third book is so sad and upsetting.  I bought the series a few days ago so kept on reading. The first one is definitely better than the second book, but I couldn't stop reading.  It's kinda my nature.. I've got to know what happens, how it all ends. 

As for Gale, as I mentioned above, I like him, but I love Peeta.  I felt like that in the first book and the feeling only got stronger throughout the rest of the series. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LavenderCrystaldevashree_haishwaryagayenTani91

Post Reply New Post

Go to top