Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Now don't go throwing tomatoes at meLOL, I know you all love this show a lot, and even I am very impressed with the production house and actors, but how many of you who are familiar with Shiva Purana feel that this show is showing more fiction than truth? Sati's love story is not this long. It was difficult for Devi Parvathi to win Lord Shiva's heart, but not for Sati. It's been weeks since this show started, but still there is no sign of Sati and Shiva's wedding happening, and now there's this new dance sequence? When did that happen in the love story of Shiva and Sati?Confused I know it's going to be beautiful and all, but this is not a normal daily soap with ordinary lovers. I doubt Sati and Shiva would ever have danced together before marriage. That was not an acceptable custom in the Satya Yuga. Also, some of the stories they showed on Sati's feelings and all are a bit weird...it seems too modern. While I am impressed with the settings and technology, I'm not that impressed with the storyline. There's way more fiction and drama than actually happened.

I am eager to see Lord Shiva's other stories also, and wish the production house would not concentrate too much on Sati. I want to see Shiva's role in Lord Vishnu's kurma avatar, his marriage to Gauri Ma, the birth of Ganesha and Kartikeya...there is so much to show on Lord Shiva but the production house is dragging the Sati story to its limits. They could also show Lord Shiva being born as Hanuman, Shiva's boons to Ravan, etc...there is a
lot to show on Lord Shiva.

Am I the only one who feels this way or is there anyone else in the forum who agrees with me?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

jose3572miley cyrusjanardanaUrmila11sankalp_praptiIntrepidashali

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "There is a lot of fiction in this show" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Reshama.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Reshama.

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
i do agree with u, but i want to know if there was love between sati and shiv. according to shiv puran.was it diff. for sati to win shivs hart. what do u think of their love according to satya/kritya yug?

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Reshama.

i do agree with u, but i want to know if there was love between sati and shiv. according to shiv puran.was it diff. for sati to win shivs hart. what do u think of their love according to satya/kritya yug?

There was love between Sati and Shiva, but it was simple and without much obstacles unlike what's shown in this serial. I haven't read Shiva Purana in detail, but I've across the stories of Shiva's married with Sati and Parvathi.

In the actual story, Sati hears of Lord Shiva's greatness from Brahma and wishes to marry him. She does severe tapasya until Shiva consents to be her husband, and then returns home and convinces her father. Daksha is against the marriage but eventually agrees to it since Sati has made up her mind. He gives Sati in marriage to Lord Shiva and they both life happily in Kailasa for some time before Daksha organizes a yagna, in which he invites all the Gods but purposefully leaves out his son-in-law. Sati goes to the yagna despite Shiva advising her against it, and when Daksha begins insulting Shiva in front of her, she becomes enraged and immolates herself. Learning of this, Shiva is enraged and then wages a war against Daksha, and we all know how that turns out.

So you see, the story of Devi Sati is very simple and without all the obstacles that DkDM is showing. They're dragging this story too much and showing a bunch of fiction in the process. Viewers may be interested, but the story is not very accurate right now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11sankalp_praptishali

bharat9

IF-Dazzler

bharat9

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Although the production house has done very well so far and yes the show is so nice that its difficult not to get attached to it but some of the scenes do look too 'modern' and too much animation is being used. (why the Mahasabha on a kind of what looks like a hill in the midst of ocean? - but it did look nice!, why are they showing that large mountain resembling shiv-linga? - did it really exist?, and lots of other whys??)

I was actually planning to raise this question under Doubts & Discussions thread but then saw your post, and im glad for that! I dont know much about Shiv-Sati's story so I wanted to ask the question how Daksh got agreed to marry Sati to Shiva. Did Shiva know that Sati was actually Shakti and that He was destined to marry Her, and if so then why is He acting like this?

Yes the story is kind of being dragged and this could be to lengthen the time of the show?! Just like in Luv-Kush (NDTV) there were some fiction stories of Luv-Kush maybe same here too! But honestly speaking as I said above dont know much about Shiv-Sati story and many of the viewers too as well as how long it took for Sati to please Shiv.  Janaki, you mentioned in your post above that Sati did tapasya, do you know if She had to do long tapasya like Parvati?

Also agree that we want to see lots of other Mahadev's stories too. And we just hope that this show will not end with Sati's story but continue with Parvati's story and then Ganash & Kartikeye birth as well as SagarManthan and more!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shali

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bharat9

Although the production house has done very well so far and yes the show is so nice that its difficult not to get attached to it but some of the scenes do look too 'modern' and too much animation is being used. I'm glad someone agrees with me, lol. Not only the scenes, but also Sati looks a bit modern. I like Mouni and agree she's a great actress, but I'm not impressed by her costume and make-up. She doesn't really give the impression of Sati to me, whereas Mohit's costume as Mahadev is perfect. He actually looks like he could be Lord Shiva, but not Mouni. I wish the costume people improve her dressing. (why the Mahasabha on a kind of what looks like a hill in the midst of ocean? - but it did look nice!, why are they showing that large mountain resembling shiv-linga? - did it really exist?, and lots of other whys??)

I was actually planning to raise this question under Doubts & Discussions thread but then saw your post, and im glad for that! I dont know much about Shiv-Sati's story so I wanted to ask the question how Daksh got agreed to marry Sati to Shiva. Did Shiva know that Sati was actually Shakti and that He was destined to marry Her, and if so then why is He acting like this? Gauri and Shankar were actually together before Sati's avatar, but she came down to Earth as Dakshayani because Daksh had prayed for a daughter like her, and overcome by the separation from Gauri, Shiva went to do tapasya and went into isolation. Knowing she was destined to be with Shiva, Sati did tapasya for a long time till she Shiva recognized her as his Gauri. As for Daksha, he was against the marriage but never opposed it outright. The Gods advised him that sati was destined for shiva so he agreed, but he kept the dislike for Shvia inside him till that yagna. There was never a Sati-Shiva meeting like the serial is showing, Shiva came to her after she did tapasya and agreed to marry her. To make it into a love story the audience would be interested in, the serial created a first meeting, dancing, etc etc, but the actual story was not like that. This show infused way too much romance to make it popular, but they needn't have done that because Lord Shiva's story is already interesting without any added masala.  

Yes the story is kind of being dragged and this could be to lengthen the time of the show?! Just like in Luv-Kush (NDTV) there were some fiction stories of Luv-Kush maybe same here too! yeah, agreed. That LuvKush phase in Ramayan was very painful to watch, but at least it lasted for only three weeks and then the story moved on to the Ashvamedh Yagna, but here it's been far longer and still there is no sign of Sati and Shiva's marriage.Confused When are they going to show the rest of Shiva Purana? But honestly speaking as I said above dont know much about Shiv-Sati story and many of the viewers too as well as how long it took for Sati to please Shiv. I think this is exactly why the serial is infusing so much fiction. Viewers don't know the story of Shiva-Sati like they do Ram-Sita, Radha-Krishna, Rukmini-Krishna, so the production house knows they can show anything and make viewers believe it's true. That's really uncalled for and it's cheating the viewers...it's the duty of the production house to educate viewers on the accurate story, not add fiction and modern day romance to increase viewership.Thumbs Down Janaki, you mentioned in your post above that Sati did tapasya, do you know if She had to do long tapasya like Parvati? Devi Parvathi's tapasya was definitely longer, but Sati's tapasya was also long...I don't know the exact duration, but back in those days tapasyas were not mere months or years. They lasted for eons, and people had longer lifespan also so Sati was still young when she married Shiva.

Also agree that we want to see lots of other Mahadev's stories too. And we just hope that this show will not end with Sati's story but continue with Parvati's story and then Ganash & Kartikeye birth as well as SagarManthan and more!
Yeah, BRC's Vishnu Puraan showed the SagarManthan story, and it was amazing! The Shivji in that show was really mature and distinguished, I am wishing to see such stories in DkDM also, not fictional romance which never happened. I love Devi Sati, but I want the actual story to be shown and done, and then moved on to the next story of Shiva Purana. This dragging of Sati's story is boring me, and I think it'll bore viewers too if the production house doesn't take care.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

janardanashali

Intrepida

IF-Dazzler

Intrepida

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Im not going to throw tomatoes at you! hehe

yea I do agree the story should be kept authentic, I do think that you should be allowed to make minor changes...

yea though i would love the dance sequence, its seems a bit odd for Mahadev to do that now..

but I am happy that they have captured the attention of people, cuz usually people prefer the fiction soaps over something like this!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jose3572shali..RamKiJanaki..

nishkala

IF-Dazzler

nishkala

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Nice post Janaki.

Even I am having some similar views,not because I am bored of watching it but because I am fearing that the makers may end up without showing what is important.With the rate at which serials are being axed from various channels because of TRP issues,I am afraid that this serial too may face the same fate if it is dragged to the extent of TRP down slide Confused...

As you said,Sati is a good choice but Shiva i.e Mohit is fitting the role of Shiva very very beautifully,and I am enjoying the story because of his acting,so I want to see many more stories of Shiva(just because he is too convincing in this roleSmile)

And I have a doubt too...I read that Sati was a Shiv Bhakt right from her childhood days...is that so?Then why are the makers showing Sati so ignorant even at this old age?

Edited by nishkala - 27 January 2012 at 2:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sankalp_prapti..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nishkala

Nice post Janaki.

Even I am having some similar views,not because I am bored of watching it but because I am fearing that the makers may end up without showing what is important.With the rate at which serials are being axed from various channels because of TRP issues,I am afraid that this serial too may face the same fate if it is dragged to the extent of TRP down slide Confused...

As you said,Sati is Ok but Shiva i.e Mohit is fitting the role of Shiva very very beautifully,and I am enjoying the story because of his acting,so I want to see many more stories of Shiva(just because he is too convincing in this roleSmile)

And I have a doubt too...I read that Sati was a Shiv Bhakt right from her childhood days...is that so?Then why are the makers showing Sati so ignorant even at this old age?

Yeah, TRPs with mytho shows are not kept by showing fiction like makers think, but by showing authentic stories. Devoted audience values authenticity more than anything else, so they can still show a beautiful love story without showing any fiction.

Yeah, I really like Mohit as Shiva. The costume is perfect and his looks, dialogue delivery are also very well done. I'd love to see him in some action-packed scenes, so I'm going to actually start the show when the show moves past Sati.LOL Mouni is also good, but the character of Sati that this makers are creating is annoying. She's ignorant and too naive, whereas Sati was an incarnation of Shakti. She was supposed to know everything about Lord Shiva, even that she was destine for him.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.