Let me begin my analysis with a short poem-

The result of this match was no surprise
For guessing the winner you don't deserve a prize
It was Nadal all the way
He demonstrated that he can take on Federer on any surface,not just clay
He was perfect with his slice,topspin and smash
And managed to kick Federer's ass
Nadal plays tirelessly and is indefatigable
For Federer defeating him is barely manageable.

Now that I have given the preview about how things went today,let me go into a little more detail.As is always the case between these two legends of the game,the match was a cracker and unlike what the scoreline shows,it was much more keenly contested.In the first set Federer broke Nadal early and raced off to a 3-0 lead only for Nadal to break back and take the set to a tie breaker.In the tiebreaker,Federer kept his nerve and won the set 7-6(7-5).Then the Swiss express carried his good form to break Nadal in the very first game of the second set.But Nadal returned the favour in the next game and won the second set comprehensively with the scoreline reading 6-2.A typical feature of the set was the ability of Rafa to retrieve ball from impossible angles and his never say die attitude.The athleticism and stamina of the man is commendable.The third set again stretched to the tie-breaker,which was full of drama.Nadal raced off to a 6-1 lead but Fedx managed to pull back 4 successive points taking the score to 6-5.Just when it seemed that a turnaround was possible,Nadal put all doubts to rest with a great serve and clinched the third set.The highlight of this set was the huge number of unforced errors by Federer,who just could'nt keep his composure when under pressure and sometimes when he had Nadal under pressure.By this time,it was clear that Nadal had made a dent on Federer's confidence once again.In the fourth set, both players held their serves till 4-4.Then it was Nadal's turn to turn on the heat.After Nadal took the game to deuce,he hit his characteristic impossibly angled forehand and earned a break point.Federer then sent a backhand wide,which was a regular feature for him in this match,to lose a crucial service game.In the last game Federer tried hard to break Nadal and was one point away from winning on more than one ocassion but alas,Nadal prevailed,and according to me, deservingly so.This leaves Federer with a 9-18 record against Nadal,who simply seems to get the better of Fedx very frequently.For many Federer fans,including me,the Australian open has ended.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "nadal vs Federer semi final australian open" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top