Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 25 January 2012 at 6:48pm | IP Logged

I have been watching Nadaswaram pretty regularly. 

I notice Malar's dad beat/slap up the women (his wife / younger daughter or Malar ) almost daily Confused

I had watched the show almost from the beginning. He was such a nice guy then. Very respective of women in his family. what happened now? Just coz Gokul poisons his mind does it make it okay for him to keep slapping them . 

I have taken to counting how many times he slaps or whose turn it is  LOL . 

My point is..Is it okay for the creatives to show domestic abuse so liberally Ouch..Is this not teaching viewers its okay to abuse power on women . 

Edited by SylvaniaLUX - 25 January 2012 at 6:57pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CarynSweetyGreen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is hitting women fashionable ?" in Nadheswaram forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 26 January 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Ennapa Inda forum la oru response kooda illa Confused  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SweetyGreen

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Sylvania, just chanced seeing this - because I stopped following this trash long back . No , abuse in any form is a big no no - be it women, men or kids. But the serial world has its own rules - the story writers do not care about the message / vibes they send out . The so called TRP rating only counts. What is more irritating is, more abuse, shouting and cursing raises the TRP rate like some viral fever !!!! Talk about those
people who sit and watch all this trash, cry and make the channel proud, uh huh

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

geeceeautumnsconcerto-Deepzz---Siva--CarynSweetyGreen

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 27 January 2012 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Thanks Roja( If I may call u so ) for replying. Hug

I would give my hands and leg to avoid watching this 'trash' as you said LOL.. but alas I have to give my MIL company else I would have ditched it a long back. She is with us visiting for a while so Confused ..Gosh seriously the shows are getting so regressive and people actually like this . TRP perulla inda kodumai thangala.

Can u recommend any shows which r decent and bearable right now ? I  am in US and get Sun/Jaya/Vijay ..any help is appreciated Preferably primetime shows 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

CarynrojapooooSweetyGreen

autumnsconcerto

autumnsconcerto

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Hi! Your post is very well written and your point is acute. It seems that the director of this serial is hellbent on portraying anyone who is against him, as extremely horrible people. Domestic abuse should never be taken as lightly as it is being taken in this serial.

But then again, look what else has been condoned in this serial: rape, beatings, attempted murder etc. I lost hope in this serial when after Maha was raped, everyone still insisted that she should live with Pandi and Pandi was subsequently shown to be the 'good guy' in a sense. That to me is utter rubbish. No women who goes through such traumatic events, especially when she had no control over her mind...should ever be portrayed as Maha was in this serial (i.e. the 'villi').

As for cleaner serials, I would recommend either Saravanan Meenakshi or Pirivom Santhipom on Vijay TV. Both have a clear storyline and the chemistry between the leads are amazing (okay, I might be a bit biased). But best of all, there are rarely any domestic abuse type scenes (in fact I have never seen any such scenes) or filthy, disgusting dialogues. Instead they usually have romance or comedic scenes. I would also recommend Thendral (which is another Sun TV serial)  to you but it has more filthy dialogues as opposed to abuse type scenes (though there are a few).  

Good luck watching this serial and may god help you tune out all the inappropriate content they are broadcasting! Smile

Edited by autumnsconcerto - 28 January 2012 at 10:21am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

geecee-Deepzz-CarynrojapooooSweetyGreen

-Deepzz-

-Deepzz-

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 2:20pm | IP Logged
Thanks  autumnsconcerto Hug

Will give the Vijay shows a try .. Sun TV shows  start good and then regress once they have their viewers hooked. I had been burnt once with Kolangal ..and looks like I did not learn my lesson. LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

geeceeautumnsconcertoCaryn--Siva--SweetyGreen

autumnsconcerto

autumnsconcerto

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SylvaniaLUX

Thanks  autumnsconcerto Hug

Will give the Vijay shows a try .. Sun TV shows  start good and then regress once they have their viewers hooked. I had been burnt once with Kolangal ..and looks like I did not learn my lesson. LOL

Hope you will enjoy them. I too, learned a long time back not to trust any Sun TV serial. LOL

-Deepzz-CarynSweetyGreen

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
You are welcome Sylvania - every one calls me Roja here -
aka maddieWink  yes, Vijay serials are far better - I also like Saravanan Meenakshi , the chemistry between the lead pair is soothing. And not much of negativity either - even though the engaged pair goes through a lot of hurdles. Vijay also has some other shows - super singer, neeya naana, game shows etc., try getting your MIL hooked to all these shows -
in the bargain you will have some respite from the trashy serials Wink

-Deepzz-CarynSweetyGreen

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.