Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
no need to ask sorry jenny..
but i'm happy to see rucha as raina..as i said i'm childish in that way..
that may be coz of the too much hype of karan's new show..
n i say it again n again i love ur writing..n i'm mature enough to take mature contents in real life/fiction..
i'll be here for sure reding ur work n will appreciate it n criticise too if need comes..but i feel that i'll only appreciate..
i'm in awe with ur writing style..i feel its something different..
jenny159 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Welcomes, Sugar Cookies, and Condolences…

She walks through the snow covered sidewalks with him…he is leading the way to the pent house…the building is structured in a typical uptown Manhattan style…the top floor is all in Malik's name and it is indicated by the labeled buzzer he had pressed…

"Watch out…!" Armaan gets a hold of her upper arm just as she is about to slip off the step…she squirms under his grip…looks up at him… "Are you okay…?"

"Hmm…"

"Come…the gate is opened…"

He leads the way and she follows…the pent house as got a nice ambience and wide stair case…a huge lobby even that one must walk across to get to the elevators or other floors…

"Welcome…! Welcome home…!" Yuvraaj Malik opens up the door before Armaan had the chance to put in his keys…Khanak is pleasantly surprised…she smiles genuinely.

"Dad…you are already here…"

"Of course I am…bahu ghar la rahay ho aur mujhay invite nahi kar rahay thay…"

"Well you invited yourself…meray kahay bagair he…" Armaan hugs his Dad with warmth…Khanak finds their bond warming…it is quite the reason to her status as Yuvraaj's Malik's daughter-in-law.

"Khanak aao ander aao…hum baap betay toh yunhi…how are you liking it so far…?"

"Sub bahut acha hain Uncle…"

"Aur Armaan…?"

Yuvraaj puts her on the spot…she looks at Armaan and he looks at her…Yuvraaj observes the silent moment… awaiting an answer from her…he doesn't get any…she is uncertain herself…

"Dad…way to be blunt…"

"Just curious son…"

…………………………

Shaantanu's Black Lexus pulls up to Sachdev residence…it's a double story suburban style house in a neighborhood that is quite known for its elite Big Apple residents…the high standard of living is a luxury both he and Raina can afford…

"Daddy is home…!" Darya came rushing at the sound of the front door alarm beep going off upon his entrance…it is the best part of his day…each and every day he looks forward to coming home.

"Woah…woah..! Is my cookie monster covered in cookie dough…? Again…" He scoops her up in his arms from her legs and avoids any contact with her messy hands…he has got a bouquet of white lilies in his other hand.

"Yes Again…Daadi Maa's helper today…"

"Hmm I see…so sugar cookies?"

"Yup! I hate chocolate chips…"

"I know princes…you are an odd ball…" He kisses her cheek and then begins to head in towards the kitchen and the conjoined living room.

"Why does Mama love chocolate…?"

"Is Daadi Maa in the kitchen…?"

"No Daddy…she is in the bathroom…"

"Maama is upstairs in the room…?"

"Shaantanu tum aa gaye…?" Madhavi appears in the living room with her own question before Darya can answer his…he makes a turnabout to face Madhavi.

"Jee Maa…Raina kamre mein hain…?"

"Raina…nahi…voh toh abhi ghar nahi aayi…Darya ajaao hum oven se cookies nikaalay…" Madahvi informs her son in her subtle polite way and then gestures her grand-daughter to come to her…Shaantanu lets Darya go after she places a quick peck on her Daddy's cheek.

He stares at the Bouquet of White Lilies in his hands…places it down on the coffee table…walks away while loosening his cuffs to his formal shirt…it is not the first time in the last couple of years…

…………….

"Bhabhi Ji ka sunna maine…I am really sorry beta…" Yuvraaj Malik expresses his concern and condolences over dinner that he is sharing with his son and daughter-in-law together for the first time.

"Maa ne app ke liye aik letter likha tha Uncle…main unpacking kay baad app ko de doongi…"

"No problem beta…take your time…"

"I just wish Bhabhi yahaan treatment ke liye maan jaati…"

Armaan is noticing her discomfort…he is well aware of the facts... her mother had suffered from Leukemia and passed away a painful death only three weeks earlier…her wounds are still fresh and he wishes to be able to empathize with them…

"Dad…" He mutters conveying the "not now" look…Yuvraaj picks up on the hint.

"Khanak yeh try karo…Armaan's chef is great at Indian..paneer saag…"

"Jee Uncle…" She takes the bowl from Yuvraaj's hand and helps herself to its contents…it is a very westernized "saag paneer" according to her palate.

Armaan passes her the bread basket containing Naans …she tears of a small piece…her second eye contact with her husband today is shorter than the one they shared she her foot slipped off the stairs at the entrance.

………….   

RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hhhmmm..u r getting into the story now..am eager to know more..
raina not yet home but y did darya say she is in the bedroom..is it madhvi's way to convince the little one??
ok let see..
armaan-khanak they r together in a place just now..lets see wat awaits in store for us abt them..
waiting for it jenny..
do continue soon..

PS: like button acting weird..not able to press like.. :(
.sariminoz. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
👍🏼nice story loving it so far ...u have grt talent dont think that your story is bad if people dont comment your story is too good👏
IF_rida thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
nice one jenny

armaan seems to be a genuine person... nice to know he wants to empathize wid her

khanak is so uncomfortable but natural to be

so raina is not home yet and its not the first time

i guess darya is the only link to connect them... i wonder she is a gud mother or not

lukin fwd to shaan's actual feeling

its goin gud

update soon.
ONAego thumbnail
Keep it up jeeny ! Its a nyc fic i guess. N i loved it very much. Sorry cant like bt ur story is awesome. As far i knew whateva is happen shantanu n khanak is always remaid as "shanak".its nthng matter 4 me who do u take as charecter all matters dat ur love still alive 4 shanak n u came with a new fic of them. Take a hug yaar... Update next part soon...
sangitasengupta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Jenny,

read all the updates in one go!!! you are a very skilled writer!!! The story so far is shaping up superbly!!!
jenny159 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ONAego

Keep it up jeeny ! Its a nyc fic i guess. N i loved it very much. Sorry cant like bt ur story is awesome. As far i knew whateva is happen shantanu n khanak is always remaid as "shanak".its nthng matter 4 me who do u take as charecter all matters dat ur love still alive 4 shanak n u came with a new fic of them. Take a hug yaar... Update next part soon...

Thank you...i too wanted to press "like" on your post but IF is not letting me...And i am  so glad to hear that ShaNak is what matters here not any other characters...that is exactly what i wanted to show...thanks for the *virtual hug* and once again i so very lad you are able to understand my perspective here...Thanks
-Jenny
😊
jenny159 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sangitasengupta

Hi Jenny,

read all the updates in one go!!! you are a very skilled writer!!! The story so far is shaping up superbly!!!

Thank You...just testing the waters here with my writing skills...ShaNak are my inspiration and supportive readers like yourself are my motivation...Thanks
😃
jenny159 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RB81

hhhmmm..u r getting into the story now..am eager to know more..
raina not yet home but y did darya say she is in the bedroom..is it madhvi's way to convince the little one?? Darya didn't say she is the bedroom...Shaantanu asked her...i think the way i wrote it might have thrown you off...Darya talks about the cookies, Shaantanu inquires about Raina assuming she is in the bedroom...Then Madhavi comes and informs him that she is not home yet...
ok let see..
armaan-khanak they r together in a place just now..lets see wat awaits in store for us abt them..
My muse is wondering the same...lots to come...
waiting for it jenny..
do continue soon..

Thanks for commenting...means a lot! and i hope the story is some gaining appeal in your eyes now and you are comfortable with the concept...

PS: like button acting weird..not able to press like.. :(

Edited by jenny159 - 12 years ago