Page 1 of 23

Page 1
Page   of 23
Page 2 Page 23

jenny159

Groupbie

jenny159

Posted: 22 January 2012 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Here it goes...this is going to be my attempt on Story-telling...you'll be the judges if this continues or not..*SMILES IN NERVOUSNESS...*

~~Dohraha: Tale of Crossroads~~

Meaning: The word "Dohraha" means an intersection in literal terms...in my connotation for this story it is what the characters will be dealing with...the crossroads that fate has planned for them and what choices their destiny will lead them to.

INDEX

(Credit goes to: Ramani)

Blizzard, Caffeine, and Ajnabis' - Page 1

Character Sketch - Page 2

Burberry, Maroon Sari, and White Lilies - Page 2

Welcomes, Sugar Cookies, and Condolences' - Page 3

Writer's Acknowledgements - Page 5

Dinner, Wishes, and Uncertainties' - Page 5

Memories, Mornings, and Mrs. Malik - Page 7

Psychology, Museums, and Personalities - Page 7

Tie, Black, and Beyond' - Page 8

An Open Bar, Reluctance, and Sightings' - Page 9

Cold, Haste, and Encounters - Page 10

Pre-School, Mentalist, and Future Meetings - Page 11

Realities, Afternoons, and Espresso Macchiato - Page 12

Distances, Pretense, and Disclosure -- Pg 13

"Blizzard, Caffeine, and Ajnabis' "

"Yes, Of course Mr. Forbes...we'll have that session...yeah, I'll be in my clinic early in the morning...you too..Take care..!" He disconnects his Bluetooth from his left ear and then glances down at his Cartier, it's almost noon' New York City is in the middle of its worst blizzard ever and the whole city seems to have just shut down. No-one could get in or out of the city especially by plane. He should've been on his way to his conference in Cincinnati for this afternoon, but instead he is stuck in the Airline's business class lounge at JFK.

He goes through his emails and appointments on his IPad...everything is planned accordingly...it has to be after all he is a clinical psychologist...an expert in reading people, their thoughts, their views both grey and pure...he is good at counseling and talking out their fears and inhibitions...he is a good professional; no not just good, an exemplary professional would be more accurate...his established private practice is proof enough of how good he is at his job...how faultless he is in his line of work.

The business class lounge is filled with lone passengers...mostly with people who have work and places to get to, but are stuck like him...he gets up without really looking around any further, disinterested and least bothered about the people around him...he steps up to the nearest caffeine source he sees...he needs to be awake and functioning...And the business class has its perks...

"House blend is fine...No sugar...and no creme...half please...Thanks'" He takes the tallest cup that is offered for his order, pays for it, and turns...walks a few steps...stops...and observes.

"Hello...hello...helloo'"

"The service phones are out...'"

"Oh..!"

There was no particular reason that had stopped him to inform her that...he wasn't bothered by the change clanking in the metal box that she kept sliding in...he isn't bothered by her relentless slamming... or her attempts at the dial over and over again...he didn't care...his only concern is about the way she is dressed...he had stopped in his tracks upon recognition of what his mind could picture as a traditional Indian bride...there is no heavy attire involved or such but what she had on would be considered quite elaborate for an airport...and completely inappropriate for being stuck in the middle of a blizzard at JFK...The whole nine yards of jewelry as well, especially the things that adorned her wrists...they looked wretchedly painful to put on...too many bracelets...no wait..Bangles or "chooriyaan"'specifically the bounded dark maroon one for brides is known as "choodha, he couldn't believe he is able to recall so much...Anyways, he begins to walk away'

"Excuse me'"

He isn't listening...and sees no reason why the inappropriately dressed stranger bride would call after him...he walks on...

"Excuse me..." The voice follows him...he stops...he has to eventually.

"Are you...Indian...?"

"From New York..."

"Oh..!...I...can I...umm...use your phone...?'"

"App business class travel kar rahi hain'?"

"App hindi jaante hain'?"

"Issi Airline se travel kar rahi hain...?" He either finds her question out of importance or he just doesn't really care for her inquiry and so he retorts with his own.

"Nahi... voh phone...phone karnay aayi thi iss lounge se...'"

"Here is the phone...'"

He hands over his IPhone after unlocking the screen...she takes it with hesitant hands, not looking him in the eye...dials the number...he moves away with his coffee...damns the blizzard and JFK's crowdedness...Her conversation is distant...he doesn't really hear it and he has no desire to...she approaches him again...

"Thank You...meray husb'"

"I don't really need the details...app ko phone chahiyay tha...and I had it.."

He walks away without ever turning back or stopping...she looks on feeling strange...but, isn't that what she is'? A stranger to him, an Ajnabi...and to her husband of a year who she will see for the first time since their wedding which took place under some odd circumstances at her small house back in Delhi..Upon completion of initial paperwork and waiting period for immigration to States she is finally here...it should explain why she is dressed the way she is...it should suffice for the strangeness.

**If this is bareable and appealing, only then there will be a Character Sketch for you...**
I am VERY doubtful...will wait the response i get...
-Jenny

Edited by jenny159 - 09 June 2013 at 2:48pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

vijusbshonaisangitasenguptaHarshIkaZaYaABlank90priyani143minnu345IF_ridasharon18afiya.aysha1989snigdhanagark.krithikaRoshni_Mangelic_leena_3Miss.WahiansimikrOlicityFanRB81shalini_s

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dohraha: Tale of Crossroads:Update&Note Pg 22 6/9" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IF_rida

Goldie

IF_rida

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged
its really gud

very interesting and very appealing jenny

plz do continue and update soon.

destinylove

IF-Rockerz

destinylove

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Jenny I like it very much do continue Smile

RB81

IF-Rockerz

RB81

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 4:59am | IP Logged
jenny awesome..
i like the diction u r giving..
continue soon..

janavi07

IF-Dazzler

janavi07

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Jenny nice yaar...
please continue...Tongue

snigdhanagar

Goldie

snigdhanagar

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 8:05am | IP Logged
hey jenny grt update...ClapClap
khanak already married...Shocked
wana knw wht will hpp nxt...so update soonnn...Wink

sharon18

Goldie

sharon18

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Hey JennySmile
Ur FF looks interesting...
Plz do continue soon...
waiting for ur future updatesSmile

jenny159

Groupbie

jenny159

Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Working on Character Sketch and graphics for it...will be up soon...i am getting positive vibes so far and so i will go on...you girls can discuss/suggest/criticize all about it...

@snigdhanagar...Yes she is already married...Character Sketch will give you more details...

BTW, how are you girls taking Shaantanu's character...?? Anything you would like to share...by far i have had to put in a lot of thought in to his character...very unlike RBO's Shaantanu... KT would so rock out this monotone character...something hatke...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

k.krithikaRoshni_M

Post Reply New Post

Go to top