all in the name of humor... (Page 3)

Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Traveller

Originally posted by jetmania

interesting topic Smile

I think that to have the ability to laugh at yourself is an advantage. For example if someone is taking the mick out of you in an offensive way, but you take it lightly and make a joke off it then i reckon that you can take the mick of the person in question in a jokey way. (am i making sense! Confused )

it all depends on how you've been brought up and whether you find it acceptable that people will laugh at you. this is just my opinion and i dont want to offend anyone but i dont always see eye to eye with people who cant joke about themselves cos they're always serious or just taking the mick out of others.

it really depends on who it is taking the mick, but i generally tend to laugh it off even if i am hurt. then later i'll tell everything to my sister Embarrassed

yeah actually even i do that a lot...ive kinda learnt to take these jokes on me by my frnds really well,but sometimes i feel like that person cant take a joke when its on her/him but when it comes to cracking a joke on someone else that person is fully enthusiastic about it...i think these ppl are horrid sports and i actually to tell the truth dont kno how to handle such ppl...Ouch

i was part of the student council in my college and i felt left out cos all of my thoughs and ideas were dismissed and i felt ignored. the president of the student council was someone i knew but she had a friend who wasnt a nice person. i did an event and only informed the president and not this guy. however he then turned around and personally attacked me, calling me 'headless chicken' etc then everyone started saying stuff to me. one girl said something to the effect that talking to me was like talking to a brick wall. i replied hotly to some comments but in the end laughed them off and the subject was changed. however i was still having a problem with it because i felt that i couldnt work in an environment where i was hated. so i went and spoke to the president and sorted it out. and the i resignedTongue

long story i know but i'm just trying to say that them people dont deserve your company. they're probably jealous of you and dont deserve your thoughts, comments and friendshipSmile if you can avoid them then do that, cos otherwise they'll make you angry and sad

Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 7:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by MNMS

Wht jetmania and traveller said is absolutely right... and laughing at urself can b well used as a tool to counter the attack made on u. Here we may come to see the difference b/w laughing at urself just for relaxing people and making them comfortable in ur company, for fun purposes.. On the other hand if somebody micks out of u for TAUNTING purpose, then turning it as a joke can help making the atmosphere relaxed and cool as it is (and making that person somewht speechless LOL ). (sometimes friends do pick u up just for fun and have no intentions for hurting u. Now There's the difference u have to feel b/w the taunt & the fun, then decide the reaction from ur side). Smile
haha its funny when that happens. someone says something mean to you and they think that you're going to get upset, but when you make a joke they get angryLOLLOLLOL

dont you sometimes feel like leaning across and punching the evil people who make comments like thatBig smileWink im used to people saying them to me cos i can laugh it off, but what makes me angry is when people say stuff like that to my friends or family! thats when i get mad and get involved, especially one of my friends who doesnt say anything backAngry

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 8:25am | IP Logged

haha its funny when that happens. someone says something mean to you and they think that you're going to get upset, but when you make a joke they get angryLOLLOLLOL

dont you sometimes feel like leaning across and punching the evil people who make comments like thatBig smileWink im used to people saying them to me cos i can laugh it off, but what makes me angry is when people say stuff like that to my friends or family! thats when i get mad and get involved, especially one of my friends who doesnt say anything backAngry

Now that is exactly my position...the protective nature!! Tongueany body come and say anything to my family n friends, then sure receive a tight kick and punch from me!!!!!!!Tongue ( im still innocent guys!Embarrassed.....LOL)

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 8:44am | IP Logged
U know jetmania... u r 100% correct in ur posts Smile.. people sometimes ARE jealous from u.. coz they know that they can't surpass ur expertise, abilities and brilliance... and then they try those wicked political policies to put u down.. smash u emotionally and blah blah!!Angry .. But wht my mom says is that leave them on their own, do reply spontaneously and appropraitely, do ur work and keep urself moving.. Now wht screws my nuts is that it is lot more easier said than done.Confused. and at times even i feel a bit helpless in those awkward people and awkward situationsOuch... But the point is: Those wicked and evil spirits r all around the world, we can't every time avoid them so wht is the best and most appropriate method???

I think we all teens here need more guidance from the seniors i.e. people like Aparna di, Somyaa di.. and many moreSmile... So come up and help us (dear didi'sEmbarrassed, help ur cute little lost teensEmbarrassed!!!!!! LOL)

Edited by MNMS - 06 May 2006 at 8:46am
Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 9:28am | IP Logged

Now that is exactly my position...the protective nature!! Tongueany body come and say anything to my family n friends, then sure receive a tight kick and punch from me!!!!!!!Tongue ( im still innocent guys!Embarrassed.....LOL)

*starts doubting Maryams innocence*Wink well i dont exactly punch or kick, but i do make sure that the other person know that im madBig smilemy friend always tells me to forget it, but she needs to stand up for herself!! she just goes quietOuch
Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 9:33am | IP Logged

U know jetmania... u r 100% correct in ur posts Smile.. people sometimes ARE jealous from u.. coz they know that they can't surpass ur expertise, abilities and brilliance... and then they try those wicked political policies to put u down.. smash u emotionally and blah blah!!Angry .. But wht my mom says is that leave them on their own, do reply spontaneously and appropraitely, do ur work and keep urself moving.. Now wht screws my nuts is that it is lot more easier said than done.Confused. and at times even i feel a bit helpless in those awkward people and awkward situationsOuch... But the point is: Those wicked and evil spirits r all around the world, we can't every time avoid them so wht is the best and most appropriate method???

I think we all teens here need more guidance from the seniors i.e. people like Aparna di, Somyaa di.. and many moreSmile... So come up and help us (dear didi'sEmbarrassed, help ur cute little lost teensEmbarrassed!!!!!! LOL)
the thing is that they know more about our 'brilliance' then we know ourselvesLOLLOLLOL i really didnt want to leave the student council cos that gave them people the satisfaction that they've 'won' and got one over me, but in the end it was for the best cos now i'm enjoying myself whereas all the students are giving them a hard timeTongue

i know what you mean about it being easier said then done, and even if you avoid some of them there are always some more. even if you keep your head down someone will always come in your way.

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 11:24am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE] *starts doubting Maryams innocence*Wink well i dont exactly punch or kick, but i do make sure that the other person know that im madBig smilemy friend always tells me to forget it, but she needs to stand up for herself!! she just goes quietOuch

MuniseSmile.. All i was trying to say that im pretty touchy in these mattersEmbarrassed... sure i really can't punch n kick people (even when im eager to do so! Ouch Wink)....but im as mad as u r when somebody tries to attack any person either from my family or friends... Tongue

Edited by MNMS - 06 May 2006 at 11:26am
Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 12:37pm | IP Logged

*starts doubting Maryams innocence*Wink well i dont exactly punch or kick, but i do make sure that the other person know that im madBig smilemy friend always tells me to forget it, but she needs to stand up for herself!! she just goes quietOuch

MuniseSmile.. All i was trying to say that im pretty touchy in these mattersEmbarrassed... sure i really can't punch n kick people (even when im eager to do so! Ouch Wink)....but im as mad as u r when somebody tries to attack any person either from my family or friends... Tongue

lol, i know what you meantTongueLOLLOL im scared of doing more damage to myself than the other person, thats why i refrain from violent actionLOLTongue

Edited by jetmania - 06 May 2006 at 12:40pm

Go to top