Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 8:36am | IP Logged
Like most of us agreed that the company matters the most. I am with my group of friends who are very close, whenever they meet the pull my leg. They know very well i have am a very sporty person and take the leg pulling as its meant to be. I too crack jokes at myself in such groups. But i know every body in such groups are my dear friends.

While the senstive person in my will snap back if a stranger or an acquaintance tries to pull my leg.

Its all about the company!!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "all in the name of humor... (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Munise

Goldie

Munise

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
interesting topic Smile

I think that to have the ability to laugh at yourself is an advantage. For example if someone is taking the mick out of you in an offensive way, but you take it lightly and make a joke off it then i reckon that you can take the mick of the person in question in a jokey way. (am i making sense! Confused )

it all depends on how you've been brought up and whether you find it acceptable that people will laugh at you. this is just my opinion and i dont want to offend anyone but i dont always see eye to eye with people who cant joke about themselves cos they're always serious or just taking the mick out of others.

it really depends on who it is taking the mick, but i generally tend to laugh it off even if i am hurt. then later i'll tell everything to my sister Embarrassed

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jetmania

interesting topic Smile

I think that to have the ability to laugh at yourself is an advantage. For example if someone is taking the mick out of you in an offensive way, but you take it lightly and make a joke off it then i reckon that you can take the mick of the person in question in a jokey way. (am i making sense! Confused )

it all depends on how you've been brought up and whether you find it acceptable that people will laugh at you. this is just my opinion and i dont want to offend anyone but i dont always see eye to eye with people who cant joke about themselves cos they're always serious or just taking the mick out of others.

it really depends on who it is taking the mick, but i generally tend to laugh it off even if i am hurt. then later i'll tell everything to my sister Embarrassed

yeah actually even i do that a lot...ive kinda learnt to take these jokes on me by my frnds really well,but sometimes i feel like that person cant take a joke when its on her/him but when it comes to cracking a joke on someone else that person is fully enthusiastic about it...i think these ppl are horrid sports and i actually to tell the truth dont kno how to handle such ppl...Ouch

Edited by Traveller - 05 May 2006 at 11:05pm

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MNMS

Originally posted by Traveller

ya MNMS..i definetly agree with u,it all totaly depends on the gathering...and i think being down to earth makes a person much compatible and more fun being with...seriouslySmile

Traveller.. Thanks and i take it as a compliment! Smile 

netime...Tongueand sure u can take it as one!Wink

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 05 May 2006 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Originally posted by MNMS

awwwwwwwwww Embarrassed ... now that's a true MOM speakin in form of Sowmyaa di!!! Wink

Evil Smile yeh!! me Mom's representative Wink

Guess I never understood why my mom did somethings when i was teen i used to leterally fight with her and hurt her...now after becoming a mom I can relate all those things and how she might be feeling...though my gurly is still pre-schooler....I hope she does not turn out to be teen like me Ouch scary huh!!!

yeah i still argue with my mum a lot...Embarrassed..but i cant help it most of the times,i mean i do try to stop myself but i guess this preconceived notion of teens being rebellious realy doesnt help matters u kno....absolutely anything i say or do,my mum will retort bak saying"teen rebellion"...that sometimes gets annoying Confused Smile

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Wht jetmania and traveller said is absolutely right... and laughing at urself can b well used as a tool to counter the attack made on u. Here we may come to see the difference b/w laughing at urself just for relaxing people and making them comfortable in ur company, for fun purposes.. On the other hand if somebody micks out of u for TAUNTING purpose, then turning it as a joke can help making the atmosphere relaxed and cool as it is (and making that person somewht speechless LOL ). (sometimes friends do pick u up just for fun and have no intentions for hurting u. Now There's the difference u have to feel b/w the taunt & the fun, then decide the reaction from ur side). Smile

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Yeah MMS, whoever has the ability to laugh at himself or herself is blessed, u find very few people like that . There are certain people among our friends, teachers and family who know us well, so if they they pull my leg about certain things that I do I think I would take sportingly. At the same time there are people who have a habit of mocking, misconstruing things it is not a healthy attitude.
Taunting can be subtle and overbearing. For these kind of people if the treatment is reversed they would'nt hold through it for a second.

Traveller

Traveller

Posted: 06 May 2006 at 6:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Signora2

Yeah MMS, whoever has the ability to laugh at himself or herself is blessed, u find very few people like that . There are certain people among our friends, teachers and family who know us well, so if they they pull my leg about certain things that I do I think I would take sportingly. At the same time there are people who have a habit of mocking, misconstruing things it is not a healthy attitude.
Taunting can be subtle and overbearing. For these kind of people if the treatment is reversed they would'nt hold through it for a second.

yeah ur def rite when u say that they woudnt be able to hold thru it for a sec..its actually makes me Angry ......but neway u cant do much to change such ppl can u??Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top