Posted: 20 January 2012 at 4:44am | IP Logged
Over the last few years, the initiative has been successful in implementing the following activities:
• Offering employment to one member of each family in the 10 villages. Trimex Sands Private Limited has 550 employees, of which 80% of them have been recruited from the local community. First preference for recruitment is always given to the surrounding local 10 villages.
• Providing street lights to the entire 10 villages. The company has also provided tube lights, bulbs and other fittings to many houses in all 10 villages.
• Trimex Sands is in the process of improving connecting roads between the villages and larger, all-weather roads in the area. A 3km road connecting 4 villages was developed as part of this activity. Trimex Sands has also actively developed a road from the main village to the beach for
fishermen folk of the village.
• Pradeep Koneru & company has established a medical clinic which will also provide free medicine to all patients. Trimex Sands has also set up two camps to screen villagers for pre-existing medical conditions so that they can receive further medical care. Nearly 800 villagers have already been
Free eye camps have also been conducted in all schools in the surrounding panchayats. A total of 1194 students have been screened and free spectacles have been provided.
• Repairs have been made to religious buildings and funeral facilities with the company's funding.
• The company constructed a compound wall at a primary village school and has provided school bags to nearly 800 children.