Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

ORganizational Culture is very important. (Page 2)

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:20am | IP Logged

great topic krangara.....you are very right ...actually from organizational point of view and  from strategic point of view , i am surprised that gm has survived as long as it has.however here a few basic facts...

1)mallika excels in PR work

2) aryan is completely ruthless when it comes to business...might be good for gm in long term

3) armaan is a failure in business(at least from his past record).

the area of contention should be resolved between aryan and armaan before things can work...(my suggestion ...suris should stop playing games/politics and divide duties between them). unless the company banks on all its excecutives strength...it will remain in trouble. gm came to this point because armaan/jassi/raj kept playing games and never used any of thier board member's strengths. in business , motives and intentions alone are never enough and there are no second chances when it comes to money and work. until armaan proves himself , someelse should be given a chance(not necessarily aryan...they could hire someone else ). both aryan and armaan spend most of thier time plotting agaist each other...i wish they would spend as much time working for the company. also a clear line of hierarchy should be developed and maintained. it bugs me to see directors fighting openly and insulting each other/undermining each other's authority in front of staff.

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashforever

nahin sweetheart....boring
nahin....humara samaj in baaton mein thoda kam hi
hain................

jp ........not able to think of any words now but ill get u later......Wink

LOL
jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Sorry, Krangara, ur topic is not boring, but I don't even have an
argument. If you had raised the topic when the show first
started, I could say yes, the board of directors need to have a
better working relationship to reach a higher success than their
fathers did . At this point, T&D have created such a mess that
how can one even fathom the salvation Gulmohour. Mallika
and Aryan are depicted as goons and I think they have to leave
Gulmohour now, they don't even deserve to be in their roles.
They have done some ruthless things especially to Jassi's
family. Parmeet Sethi is leaving the show so there will be no
more Raj. Armaan has turned a new leaf so maybe Armaan is
the one who can turn this company around with the help of
Jessica, cuz behind every successful man, there is a woman.

I do have to say that Armaan, Jassi and Raj worked well
together. I mean many, many moons ago, they had a lot of
success and it was fun to watch. That is what the show was
about, a simple girl who had a drive to succeed. Jassi would
have the ideas and Armaan would implement them, but I think
that happens in all companies. My boss makes me do all the
work and guess who gets the credit. We knew Jassi was smart
even though Armaan may have gotten the credit.

Krangara, you and Puja are very correct in saying that if
Gulmohour's board of directors would work in sync they could
reach new heights. The crux is that this story was supposed to
be an adaptation of BLF and in BLF, the board of directors did
not get along. Now, in the past few episodes, Armaan and
Aryan seem to get along better??? I mean, come on, what is
going on? T&D forgot about their animosity and made them
friend, NOW! I guess, what I am trying to say your model could
have easily worked and made sense if T&D did not follow BLF
and then stray from it. But TektaDekta don't take into
consideration that their audience may have a brain.

Sorry for the length and the repetitiveness.

Edited by jprasad - 15 April 2005 at 12:00pm
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Wow !! well said JP...
ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

great topic krangara.....you are very right ...actually from organizational point of view and  from strategic point of view , i am surprised that gm has survived as long as it has.however here a few basic facts...

2) aryan is completely ruthless when it comes to business...might be good for gm in long term

the area of contention should be resolved between aryan and armaan before things can work...(my suggestion ...suris should stop playing games/politics and divide duties between them). unless the company banks on all its excecutives strength...it will remain in trouble. gm came to this point because armaan/jassi/raj kept playing games and never used any of thier board member's strengths. in business , motives and intentions alone are never enough and there are no second chances when it comes to money and work. until armaan proves himself , someelse should be given a chance(not necessarily aryan...they could hire someone else ). both aryan and armaan spend most of thier time plotting agaist each other...i wish they would spend as much time working for the company. also a clear line of hierarchy should be developed and maintained. it bugs me to see directors fighting openly and insulting each other/undermining each other's authority in front of staff.

Armaan should start working the right way.

Aryan should start working. Period. Anyone knows what he does in GM other than asking for sales reports?? LOL

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummm

Originally posted by pj04

Armaan should start working the right way.

Aryan should start working. Period. Anyone knows what he does in GM other than asking for sales reports?? LOL

LOL Very True LOL

jprasad - thanx for your inputs.....Clap

ummm Senior Member
ummm
ummm

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:15pm | IP Logged

GM's weak point is that it is a family business. All the board members over there are holding high posts and it is not because they deserve to occupy those posts, but because they either hail from the partnership family (Suri-Seth) or are family friends to the Seths and Suris (Maddy and Raj). Most of them have inherited business from their parents and were not really involved in buidling it and so this is easy money for them. Also, they are not worried about getting kicked on their butts if they don't perform, as the business is all in the family. May be this is why they have become a bunch of misguided individuals who believe that they can afford placing their personal interests ahead of company interests. To top it, there's also a feud going on between Armaan and Aryan for controllership.

I think GM has a long way to go before they can make it to the top. Their immediate worry should be survival!

Piscean IF-Rockerz
Piscean
Piscean

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I completely agree with you krangara. I think tapping the strengths of your colleagues is extremely necessary. That's what team work is all about. I also agree with puja in that they need to establish a system of heirarchy. Right now there are titles floating around (dunno if Aryan actually has one for that matter!Confused) but noone's in charge. Maybe the changed Armaan could work for the betterment of the company by actually heading it....it's wonderful to keep everyone at the same level but if no work is being done then someone needs to take charge of the reins! That's what has been lacking in GM....besides since resignations  don't matter (or did they just resign from the board and not the company in general?....sorry short term memory so can't remem the details to that extent) Armaan definitely has a second chance to prove his worth as far as his business skills are concerned....he better make good use of it!

Go to top