India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Another interview- mona s

Jots Goldie
Jots
Jots

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:14am | IP Logged

found a new interview of mona singh so i thought id post it cos i didnt have anything better 2 do apart from revision Search for More NewsSearch for More NewsDead, here it is if anyones interrested Search for More NewsSearch for More NewsDead!!!!!

Jots Big smile

Published: Friday, April 15, 2005

Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin: Mona

Search for More News
The transformation of Jassi from an "ugly duckling" to a gorgeous model proved that while looks don't really matter, they are sometimes required to get ahead in life, according to actress Mona Singh of popular teleserial 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi'.
"I believe that looks do not really matter but if the situation demands you to use them to your advantage, you should go all out for it," Singh said here. She said while Jassi has transformed, she has not changed as a person and her feelings were still the same for her family and friends.
The make-over from bespectacled Jasmeet Walia to beautiful model Jessica Bedi was required to teach a lesson to characters Armaan Sir and Mallika Maa'm who had caused immense hurt to her, Singh pointed out.
Singh said she was very nervous before the long-awaited transformation as her "original face" had never appeared before the camera. But the fear evaporated as she received a very enthusiastic response from the audience, she added. "The good thing was that the make-over did not happen over-night and was a gradual process making it look quite natural and justified after all the upheavel the character had faced," she said.
On the possibility of her future acting career getting eclipsed by the shadow of Jassi, Singh said she would not like to come out of the image of Jassi even when she turns 50 as it was this character which made her a TV icon and gave her tremendous popularity.
"I am very proud of the character and would never like to break its image, no matter what the repercussions are," she said.
Singh said at present she was only interested in the television medium as it provided strong women-centric roles and a relatively easier chance to become successful. However, she was not averse to feature films and would consider an offer if it was challenging enough.
"If I get the chance to work with my favourite actor Shahrukh Khan, I would not think twice," chuckled Singh.

The actress denied there was any casting couch in the television industry and said that it was talent alone which counted in the journey to success. "While the small-town girls may prove to be gullible in such situations, the larger picture is extremely clean," she added. While it was not clear how long 'Jassi' would run on the idiot box, producer-director of the serial Tony and Diya Singh had already thought about signing Mona Singh for their next television serial which was still in the conceptual stage. (Agencies)

Published: Friday, April 15, 2005

punjabiprincess Senior Member
punjabiprincess
punjabiprincess

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.Smile
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:24am | IP Logged
thanx
sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
thanxxxx
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:50am | IP Logged

Thanks jots.

Have u guys noticed the way media never misses an opportunity to blacklist 'Armaan sir' ??AngryDead Not once have I seen it mentioned anywhere about the new leaf he has turned over.Dead

Deli Senior Member
Deli
Deli

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 9:53am | IP Logged

Thank you for the article. Smile

Originally posted by Minnie

Have u guys noticed the way media never misses an opportunity to blacklist 'Armaan sir' ??AngryDead Not once have I seen it mentioned anywhere about the new leaf he has turned over.Dead

Not only the media, but many viewers at home still have doubts about him. Angry

usa_girl0021 IF-Dazzler
usa_girl0021
usa_girl0021

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 10:37am | IP Logged
thanks for the article
nilu.sharma Newbie
nilu.sharma
nilu.sharma

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 10:40am | IP Logged
THANK YOU!

Go to top