Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Ronit Roy interview (Daddy's day out)

Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Daddy's Day Out

Much has been written about working celeb-moms and raising children, but what about celeb- dads ? With the

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/feature_daddys.phphttp://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/feature_daddys.php

steady augment of the number of working mothers, fathers are taking on responsibilities of taking care of their children. It is not easy! We asked some of our celebrity dads on how they juggle between their erratic schedules and handling their toddlers at the same time.

"I think women handle their careers and parenthood extremely well and hats off to Mansi for that. I hardly get time to spend time with my daughter Kiara, who is just two years and seven months old. But whenever I get time I just read to her or sing songs," says Rohit Roy.

Although he went through the normal phase of initial awkwardness and doubts, to be involved with his baby girl's care was his prior need. "Initially, I was unsure about what to do and would become nervous carrying her.But now I am an expert," he smiles.

"The best way to overcome nervousness is by doing things for them. I started by carrying her around and talking to her. Reading or singing aloud can be a wonderful way to be together. And it's only by spending time with her I began to understand the difference between her cries for food, a new diaper or sleep. I think fatherhood really changes a man," points out Rohit.

Amar Upadhaya says, "I totally agree that being a father makes you patient and more sensitive. I try to adjust my schedules such that I come home by 9 pm and spend time with my kids. In fact, my son Aryamaan (2) waits for my return and starts pouncing on me just as I step home. And my daughter Chenab (4) sleeps only after I have kissed her goodnight," he smiles affectionately.

"We try to have dinner together as often as possible. I share my day's plans and activities and Sundays are exclusively for my kids. We go to Inorbit mall at the games zone or to the park. My daughter loves sitting on the sea-saw and playing with clay and we make moulds together, which is fun. At times, I take Aryamaan to the Club for swimming," says Amar.

Often dads don't know how to connect with their children due to nervousness. The best way is to create daily rituals that work for both you and your child. Take them for a walk, share jokes, play games together. It is important to connect each day to share and keep your relationship growing.

"Children are always attached to their mother even when their moms don't go that extra mile to be with their kids. The paradox is that dads have to do bachee ki khatirdari only to be with them," says the sexy father Parmeet Sethi. So what does daddy dear do? Says Parmeet, "Weekends are for my kids. We go for tennis practice, football or go for pizzas and pastas. Aaryamaan (9) and Aayushmaan (6) both love swimming, so we go to the Club for practices or just for a drive."

"When I am shooting, I try and reach home early so that we can have dinner together. I read them bed time stories or play hand boxing, which damm is exciting. Or in between my shooting breaks, I just go to their school and we have lunch. I attend their sports days, just to cheer them. I think its important to take out time for your kids, just because you work doesn't mean you ignore them," Parmeet philosophies.

And then there are dads who stay miles away from their kids yet make it a point to call them and make up for all the lost time.

Ronit Roy, whose daughter Ona (13) stays in the States, meets him once in a year. "My daughter is quite mature for her age. At times, I feel bad for not being with her when she has her annual day at school or when she needs me to share her happiness and sorrows. But I call her regularly and when we meet, I try fill in for lost time," he reveals.

So, busy or not, these dad's are at their chidren's beck and call…come what may!

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/15ap r/feature_daddys.php

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Thx for sharing!
Light Groupbie
Light
Light

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 10:26am | IP Logged

Smile Hey can anyone plz tell me if Ronit Roy and Rohit Roy are Brothers or are they related in any way.

rocker1 IF-Rockerz
rocker1
rocker1

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Yes Ronit and Rohit are brothers.

By the way, the photos of Ronit and Rohit were put in the wrong places. Rohit's should have been up there, when he was talking about his daughter and wife, and Ronit's should have been down there, when he was talking about his daughter.

ivan Senior Member
ivan
ivan

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
thank u for the info
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shadyhtown

By the way, the photos of Ronit and Rohit were put in the wrong places. Rohit's should have been up there, when he was talking about his daughter and wife, and Ronit's should have been down there, when he was talking about his daughter.

REALLY??? i always thought taht rohit roy wuz ronit roy's son!!Embarrassed

Ruhi Senior Member
Ruhi
Ruhi

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
thnx for the info. didn't ronit roy have another with his new wife, or is he still not born yet? And i didn't noe that amar has 2 kids, i just found out that he is married, he looks too young.
rocker1 IF-Rockerz
rocker1
rocker1

Posted: 16 April 2005 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by #1 kyunki fan

Originally posted by shadyhtown

REALLY??? i always thought taht rohit roy wuz ronit roy's son!!Embarrassed

Heh no. I remember reading somewhere that Ronit Roy is 37; that's even younger than Shahrukh Khan.

Go to top