Page 8 of 31

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 07 April 2013 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
TV actors are paid according to popularity, not experience: Aamir Dalvi

TV actors are paid according to popularity, not experience: Aamir Dalvi

Aamir Dalvi on why talent still matters in Tellytown and the joys of fatherhood in a chat with TOI

Actor Aamir Dalvi is a perfect combination of someone who's simple and sorted out. A reserved person by nature, Aamir comes across as someone who likes to keep things black and white. Aamir who was done shows like Main Aisi Kyun Hoon, Jabb Luv Hua, Saathi Re et al was recently shooting in Ahmedabad for Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath.

Shooting in real life locations is not easy. How was the overall experience? Aamir says, "If one's concentration level is low, and one lets anything hamper one's performance then it will surely hamper one's performance no matter where one shoots. In real life, I am an introvert, but when the camera is on I am a different person. As actors we are always hungry about audiences, and it's fun when there are onlookers. But I let my work do the talking."

So do crowds scare him? "No. A bunch of people don't scare me, but I try and stay away from them when I'm on location. The funny thing was, there have been times when we were shooting and had cops running after us, thinking we were chasing real criminals! At times people don't understand that we are shooting — all this does disturb the momentum of a scene, but not me as an actor."

Whenever an actor takes up a cop's role, he always undergoes special training or takes inspiration from all the cops he has met so far. Has he done anything like that? "In my daily life, I have come across many cops and I have observed their body languages. I have my own idea of how a cop should look like, so I just went ahead with that image in my mind," says Aamir who is a petty criminal who later becomes a cop in the show.

Aamir was last seen on Chhal Sheh Aur Maat and Gumrah— The End Of Innocence. But he hasn't done too much TV. What's kept him busy over the years? "I am a photographer and it took me a year to set up a website," says Aamir who feels a "back up plan is important in showbiz. In the TV industry everything is temporary and the new generation of audience doesn't recognise stars who've not done shows in the last two/three years. Loads of senior actors are facing such situations. Budgets have changed — actors are now known by the characters they play and they get paid as per the popularity of their last show and not on their experience."

He adds, "Even after I became an actor, I continued to work in a call-center for three years. People would ask me why I was doing this job when I was an actor. Everyone feels all actors are filthy rich, but it isn't true. Today, I am choosy about the projects I do. I like to surprise my audience."

In the past, Aamir had commented that he loved playing grey characters. And he seems to be in favour of them this time too. "There is a lot of scope for a negative character. You can add lots of shades to it. If I play a good guy, I can only obey and respect people on screen which would be so boring," he says.

Trends on small screen change almost overnight. Once, there was a craze for fresh talent, but today showmakers are opting for well-known faces. Aamir insists, "Good work is always appreciated."

Talking about his family, Aamir is blessed with two kids. With a twinkle in his eye, he says, "With kids it's super fun. My wife often says that I will spoil them. It is difficult to be a dad of a eight year old daughter (Rashu) — with so much exposure, there are too many questions that she asks that I can't answer. I just tell her that when she will turn 15, she will understand everything. My son, Abir is a big nautanki,when I am out of town he calls me and gives me emotional lines and then says if he can play on my ipad."

Does being a father, hamper his image as an actor? "The kind of fan following SRK has is every actor's dream and he's a dad too! The audience likes us for the kind of work we do and don't care about our personal lives," he smiles.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~HNLHS Article Archive~ (Page 8)" in Hum ne li hai... Shapath forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
Super Cops V/S Super Villains on Shapath

Super Cops V/S Super Villains on Shapath

Fireworks' Production's weekly crime based drama Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath on Life OK is gearing up for an interesting series, Super Cops V/S Super Villains. 

The production house is roping in some of the popular names of the TV industry for the same. After Aman Verma, the latest news we hear is about actors Kunal Bakshi and Rohit Purohitwho have been finalized for the special series. 

Sources inform that the plot of Super Cops V/S Super Villains will revolve around the team of super cops who fight against super villains with destructive superpowers. Kunal Bakshi has been signed for the first episode and will be seen playing an interesting character of an electro-man who can produce electricity. Accordingly, he will misuse his powers and will damage the entire city. Rohit Purohit, on the hand will play the role of Flexy-man who is so flexible that he can take any shape and can adjust himself anywhere. Aman Verma, who plays the new ACP with super powers, will fight against the super villains. 

When contacted, Kunal confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I've already shot a promo for this. I had an amazingtime working with the Fireworks' team I must say that they are very co-operative and lovely people to work with." 
Rohit Purohit, remained unavailable for comment. 

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:23pm | IP Logged

Ashish Kaul to be seen in Life OK's Shapath

Ashish Kaul

Summary: Talented and good looking actor Ashish Kaul, who is busy with lot of work projects, has accepted the offer to be a part of an episodic in Life OK's Shapath (Fireworks Productions). He will share screen space with Aman Verma. Ashish will be seen playing the role of a scientist, Makrand. He will be someone who will steal the invention of another scientist and earn fame and money. This is when a revenge saga will unfold.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 09 April 2013 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Backup plan is important in showbiz, feels Aamir Dalvi!

Actor Aamir Dalvi, who has proved his acting mettle in shows like Main Aisi Kyun Hoon, Jabb Luv Hua,Saathi Re etc, was recently in Ahmadabad for Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath.

Sharing his experience of shooting in real life location, Aamir stated, "If one's concentration level is low, and one lets anything hamper one's performance then it will surely hamper one's performance no matter where one shoots. In real life, I am an introvert, but when the camera is on I am a different person. As actors we are always hungry about audiences and its fun when there are onlookers. But I let my work do the talking."

When asked if he was scared of the crowd, he added, "No. A bunch of people don't scare me, but I try and stay away from them when I'm on location. The funny thing was, there have been times when we were shooting and had cops running after us, thinking we were chasing real criminals! At times people don't understand that we are shooting ' all this does disturb the momentum of a scene, but not me as an actor."

Aamir, whose last outing was with Colors' Chhal Sheh Aur Maat and Gumrah- the End of Innocence, does selective roles on TV. And revealing what keeps him busy apart from TV, he said, "I am a photographer and it took me a year to set up a website.  Backup plan is important in showbiz. In the TV industry everything is temporary and the new generation of audience doesn't recognize stars who've not done shows in the last two/three years. Loads of senior actors are facing such situations. Budgets have changed ' actors are now known by the characters they play and they get paid as per the popularity of their last show and not on their experience."

He added, "Even after I became an actor, I continued to work in a call-center for three years. People would ask me why I was doing this job when I was an actor. Everyone feels all actors are filthy rich, but it isn't true. Today, I am choosy about the projects I do. I like to surprise my audience."

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Backup_plan_is_important_in_showbiz_feels_Aamir_Dalvi-gid-27985-gc-16.html 

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 11 April 2013 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Avtar Gill & Anjali Rana in Shapath

Avtar Gill & Anjali Rana in Shapath

Fireworks' Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on Life OK is busy introducing new characters one after the other and the production house is roping in popular names for the same. 

After bringing cricketer Madan Lal Sharma and Aman Verma, the production team has now roped in famous veteran Bollywood and TV actor Avtar Gill and TV actress Anjali Rana.

Sources inform that Avtar Gill who has done Bollywood films like Raja HindustaniAgneepathOnce Upon A Time In Mumbai will be seen in one of the special episodes where he will play the role of a DCP. He will be Aman Verma's boss in the Delhi special episode whereas actress Anjali Rana will essay the role of Aman Verma's wife. 

We tried contacting Avtar Gill and Anjali Rana but both remained unavailable for comments.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 14 April 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Aman Verma back at the Qutub

Aman Verma back at the Qutub

Aman Verma was recently in Delhi to shoot forTV show 'Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath', and the locations included Qutub Minar

Remembering the last time he visited the monument, Aman said, "It must have been, I think, 16-17 years or even 20 years back. At that time, the first floor was open to the public, but now it's closed. Obviously, that and a lot more has changed in the city," he said, adding that usually, his visits to the capital are for work.

Even though Aman was all praise for the infrastructure of the city, its roads and the warm-hearted people, he disliked the fact that the city was unsafe for women. "I know what a woman has to face every day in this city. So I needn't say anything more," he added.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 17 April 2013 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Rohit Purohit turns rubberman

Rohit Purohit turns rubberman

Actor Rohit Purohit, who is dating Veebha Anand (better remembered as Suguna of Balika Vadhu), is excited about his role in telly show Shapath's upcoming series — Super Heroes vsSuper Villains.

He will play a rubberman and according to him, such a character has never been shown on television.

He says, "The production house is leaving no stone unturned to make it look Hollywood-ish. My role demanded that a 3D model be created — this is the first time on Indian TV that a crime show is creating 3D models for a character. My character has a unique ability — he can be uber flexible like rubber. I will commence shooting soon."

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath to complete 200 episodes tonight

Hum Ne Li Hai … Shapath

The cast and crew of Firework Productions' Hum Ne Li Hai … Shapath, on Life OK, is in a celebratory mood as the show is all set to complete 200 successful episodes tonight (20 April 2013). Tonight's episode will also mark the beginning of super villain series on the show. As reported in the media earlier, Shapath is all set to air 18 super villain episodes. These episodes will see villains like the Electroman (man with electrical power), Vishkanya (venomous woman), Fleximan (man who is flexible as a rubber) etc. These will be the villains with supernatural powers. Interestingly, the VFX team of Mahadev is working on the effects of Shapath too.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Hum ne li hai... Shapath Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.