Page 24 of 31

--Zariyat--

IF-Rockerz

--Zariyat--

Posted: 30 October 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged

Meer Ali - From Ramp to Reel

Posted by: Ajuli Tulsyan in Lead Story 3 days ago 0 311 Views

882721_10151310706207882_489128489_o__1382529893_202.65.142.50

From modeling to acting and more...The ace model Meer Ali talks about his upcoming Bollywood movie, "W", due for release and confesses Hollywood being his ultimate dream.  He also throws light on various aspects of his personal and professional space. Read on...

A walk down memory lane...how did the journey begin in this world of glitz and glamour?
The credit goes to my Mr. College contest which I won and it was then that I introspected about my life and future.Things were gloomy didn't know where to start but the ambition and zeal in me to make it big, kept me going and I landed into Gladrags 2007 and managed to take it to a different level from there.

Bollywood in the pipeline?
Certainly ...one of my Bollywood movies is due for release called "W" but I am on a hunt for Hollywood films as well, since the market has globalised and lot of Indian movies are being watched and considered throughout the world. I would definitely not want to restrict myself to only Bollywood,there are lot of film makers from various countries willing to explore Indian market. So for now its Bollywood but yes Hollywood is my final destination.

From a model to an actor... when would this complete transformation happen?
I think a model has a very limited shelf life, which is age barred, if I look at fashion I think the right age to model would be from 17 to may be 26 ..but there's a high that you get in any career which one needs to understand and change the gear at the right time. If that transformation doesn't happen at the right time then I think people will start taking you for granted ... as the market is all about freshness and something which is new and different.
There are very few models who were successful in getting that transition in their career and I salute them, if one is looking at getting that transition then not only films but TV is also a very good option.

155001_10151211466332882_1888369860_n

An interesting incident on the sets during a photo shoot/video shoot/ramp...
A lot of mishaps happen during shows and shoots ...but then no one gets to know unless it's a big blunder ...or a malfunction. Right now the one that comes to my mind is in one of my shows which had a very little change time so I was pushed on the ramp without me buttoning my shirt but then no one knows its you or the choreographer or the designer, I got on to the ramp and ya people thought that's how my garment was styled and it was a smooth ride...
But yes, I have seen female models tripping on the ramp breaking their heals and still managing out very elegantly with all the poise.

Meer in real life as compared to Meer as a professional?
I am a very simple person in real life. I am more of an observer, a lot into reading people and understanding different human behavioral temperaments and body language as it helps in my work. I just stick to basics waking up on time, sleeping on time, working out and not thinking too much and giving my 100 % in whateverI do. And in real life I live the character that I am portraying. lol ;)

If not in this profession, where would you have been?
I feel this is something that I was born for. Worst case I would have been working for some company managing the sales team . If not I would have had my chain of gyms.

Idol in life and why?
I admire Sylvester Stallon, and yes all the Khans from Bollywood .
Stallon - cos I feel he is a trendsetter and he being one of the most handsome men ever born on this planet had an impression on every guy who watched him doing those movies ,let it be Rambo or Rocky .. there is a fight which teaches you to be a fighter and not give up no matter what the condition .
 Shahrukh - proved that a lay man also can be a star and a performer with all his persona and intelligence .
Salman - influenced the whole nation to an extent that everyone wants to be fit .
Aamir - proved that offbeat films can also be commercially viable.

859808_10151267071392882_951969177_o__1382529813_202.65.142.50

Fitness mantra
Eat healthy and sleep on time

A typical off day in your diary
For me off is a boring day because me being a workaholic I prefer being on the sets in front of the camera performing. As this gives me an adrenal rush ..but yes on a day off I go out with friends try to catch up with new movies.

Projects in the pipeline
As of now one of my shows called Shapath is on air which is on (Life OK ) and yes couple of film projects are under discussion. Let's see how it shapes up.

1077836_10151529435697882_1504103203_o__1382529955_202.65.142.50

Rapid Fire:

Favourite Model
Arjun Rampal ( Successful transition from a Model to an actor )

Most fit Bollywood actor
The undisputed Salman Khan

Bollywood best figure - female
Deepika Padikone

1st crush
I was in my 8th standard and liked my science teacher. I fell for her eyes completely

Love is...
Beautiful and a feeling of being blessed, it's like the first rain after crazy summers and the first ray of sun
light in the darkness. The first bite of food when you are hungry

3 wardrobe essentials
Shoes, jeans and good perfume

Dream destination
Want to settle in Bahamas in my old age just by the beach

Your dream role...
Yet to happen ..but I loved Tom hanks role in Cast Away and Al Pacino in Scarface.

Dream vehicle
Aston Martin (British manufacture)luxury sports cars of James Bond

Favourite perfume
Paco Rabanne 1 Million

Favourite designer
Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Rocky S to top the list

Can't resist...
A good Role (lol)

739907_10151202208892882_130229077_o__1382529784_202.65.142.50

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~HNLHS Article Archive~ (Page 24)" in Hum ne li hai... Shapath forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 31 October 2013 at 6:15am | IP Logged

I cook a special chicken recipe which I have named Kapil's Babaji Ka Thullu: Kapil Arya

Sarwar Ahuja who visited office as the Guest Editor. While working on the day's story, Sarwar interviewed his co-actor and best friend Kapil Arya from his last show Shapath.

Kapil, who played a sub inspector in the show, is a fitness freak and he spoke from the bottom of his heart about his likes and dislikes in food and the importance of a healthy diet.

Read on to know more...

Personal fitness mantra?

Since I have a tendency to put on weight, I prefer to have a low carb diet. I believe in giving time for fitness and indulge in regular exercise sessions every day.

Personal diet mantra...

I follow a strict diet and would suggest to people to eat healthy food. You are what you eat so always make sure you have the best of healthy food. I have five meals a day at regular intervals and have a healthy dose of protein in my diet.

Are you a foodie?

Yes, right from childhood. I actually enjoy eating anything and eveything (read: unhealthy food), but since it's not apt for my profession I have learnt to control my desires. Sometimes I seriously have temptation for fried food items, which I must say is poison for the body.

Exercise routine...

I do extensive cardio exercises and work on different parts of my body part every day.

Are you a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian?

I am a non-vegetarian.

Favourite cuisine...

Any day, it has to be Indian food.

Favourite dish...

I simply drool over Rajma Chawal and also relish chicken cooked by you (Sarwar). Chole Bhature is another favourite of mine.

A must on your breakfast table?

Eggs and chicken sausages.

Lunch generally consists of...

A proper meal.

Dinner generally consists of?

Salads and soups along with protein shakes.

Dessert delights?

I also have a very strong sweet tooth and since it's not permitted in my diet, I cheat on it to fulfill my craving.

My favourite drink (non-alcoholic)...

Juices and soft drinks.

My favourite drink (alcoholic)...

I don't drink.

Most unusual dish I've tasted?

Unknowingly once I had beef at Mohammad Ali Road and had instantly puked right after it.

Experiment with food?

Completely! I am open to changes and try new stuffs. I keep changing my diet to suit my body.

On the streets, I love to have...

Pani puri.

Do you cook?

I cook this special chicken gravy dish without any oil which I call Kapil's Babaji Ka Thullu.

Any special memories with food from your hometown?

I seriously miss Haridwar's Pav Bhaji and Ganga ka paani.

Food that you hate?

Pumpkin and tinde. I don't think I'll ever eat them even if I am starving to death.

Fitness tip...

Work out a bit every day and stay healthy; it definitely makes you wealthy (laughs).

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 31 October 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Pooja sports a bald look for a TV show
Pooja sports a bald look for a TV show

Actress Pooja Kanwal is back after her 17-month maternity break and she will be seen in two telly shows " Sanskaar Dharohar Apnon Ki-2 andShapath. But it is her look in the latter that has caught our attention.

Pooja will go bald for the role, obviously with the help of prosthetics. She says, "I am playingcop Anurag's girlfriend in the show. I get kidnapped and the look is the result of a spell cast on me."

So, weren't there any apprehensions about sporting the look especially in her comeback show? "Not at all. In fact, it was a lot of fun and as an actor, I got to push the boundary and try something I have not done before. As an actress, you get to play typical roles and wear typical outfits like salwaar-kameezes and saris, but this role gave me the opportunity to do something different. Also, this look is only for an episode."

--Zariyat--

IF-Rockerz

--Zariyat--

Posted: 02 November 2013 at 3:58am | IP Logged

Abhishek Duhan to feature yet again in Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath

2 hours ago | TellychakkarTeam

Abhishek Duhan who had earlier essayed the role of a lizard man with lan will yet again be seen in Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath on Life OK. The lizard man episode featuring Abhishek in the popular Fireworks Productions show had fetched very good numbers, and the actor's hard work had been appreciated.

He will now play the Super Villain again this time donning the avatar of a super thief. The shoot for the episode will start soon.

When contacted, Abhishek who has earlier been part of Sony TV's Shubh Vivah said, "Yes, I am glad that I have been called to be a part of Shapath again. I had put in my best effort and worked hard for the role of lizard man earlier. I am looking forward to shoot with the team of Shapath again."

We wish Abhishek all the very best!!!

--Zariyat--

IF-Rockerz

--Zariyat--

Posted: 05 November 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged

Aksshat Gupta in Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Nov 5, 2013, 01.19 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
Aksshat Gupta in Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath
Aksshat Gupta
Aksshat Gupta, who is currently seen in a negative role in Do Dil Bandhe Ek Dori Se has been finalized to play the role of a super villain in Firework's Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on Life OK.

Sources inform that Aksshat has been roped in to play the role of a psychopath who invents a machine which can shrink people. He will be seen as a super villain who has the super powers to make miniatures of innocent people with the help of his super powers. Aksshat will start shooting for the show in a day or two.

When contacted, Aksshat said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I am looking forward to the show."

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 12 November 2013 at 6:20am | IP Logged

Prashant Chawla to feature in Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath

Summary: In one of the upcoming episodes, playing the central character will be a cartoonist who has this power of creating super villains by his sketches. And to play this role, Prashant Chawla who has earlier done shows like Teen Bahuraniyaan, Waaris, Geet Hui Sabse Parayi has been roped in. Watch the cartoonist in action very soon.

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

Posted: 12 November 2013 at 6:21am | IP Logged

When 'good friends' Karishma Modi and Divyaalakshmi fought on the sets of Shapath

Tongue

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai - Shapath (Fireworks Productions) is all set to air yet another super sinister episode where Bulbul (Divyaalakshmi) will get hypnotized by a villain.

Yes, the very simple-pretty looking wife of inspector Kavi (Aamir Dalvi), Bulbul will get hypnotized by a villain (being played by Priya Bhatija) who has a brain of a 12 year old.

Interestingly, Bulbul will fail to remember any of the cops or her husband in this episode. And during this phase the audience will witness a fight sequence between Bulbul and Inspector Kashish (Karishma Modi).

Interestingly these ladies are great friends in real life thus, fighting with each other did not come naturally to them.

"Yes, this is my first fight sequence on screen but, it's also with my best friend on the sets Karishma," said Divyaalakshmi.

She further went on to add, "I was worried as to how this sequence would shape up as I did not want to hurt Karishma. And luckily the scene turned out to be good and accident free."

Interestingly, Karishma also makes it a point to give diet tips to good friend Divyaalakshmi.

This is a real goodie goodie scenario!!!

--Zariyat--

IF-Rockerz

--Zariyat--

Posted: 12 November 2013 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

When 'good friends' Karishma Modi and Divyaalakshmi fought on the sets of Shapath

12 Nov 2013 05:18 PM | TellychakkarTeam

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai - Shapath (Fireworks Productions) is all set to air yet another super sinister episode where Bulbul (Divyaalakshmi) will get hypnotized by a villain.

Yes, the very simple-pretty looking wife of inspector Kavi (Aamir Dalvi), Bulbul will get hypnotized by a villain (being played by Priya Bhatija) who has a brain of a 12 year old.

Interestingly, Bulbul will fail to remember any of the cops or her husband in this episode. And during this phase the audience will witness a fight sequence between Bulbul and Inspector Kashish (Karishma Modi).

Interestingly these ladies are great friends in real life thus, fighting with each other did not come naturally to them.

"Yes, this is my first fight sequence on screen but, it's also with my best friend on the sets Karishma," said Divyaalakshmi.

She further went on to add, "I was worried as to how this sequence would shape up as I did not want to hurt Karishma. And luckily the scene turned out to be good and accident free."

Interestingly, Karishma also makes it a point to give diet tips to good friend Divyaalakshmi.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Hum ne li hai... Shapath Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.