India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Angad and Kripa's Acting!

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:26pm | IP Logged

Though it is still very early to comment on Angad's acting skills, I can safely say that Neha is bang on target as Kripa! Her entire persona, the way she carries herself, her expressions, her dialouge delivery and the way she emotes is just Kripa.

Many people might think that she is too soft spoken, or that she is wooden at times, but if you look at her as the character Kripa Sharma and not as the actress Neha, you will realize that she indeed does a fabulous job of it, atleast till now.

Her expressions in the scene where Angad touches her hand, in his first concert were very good, and the scene where her eyes well up with tears after she listens to all the crap that Angad is giving in his press was also excellent. She is too soft spoken, yes, but then it gels well with her character. '

Angad.....well, firstly he looks perfect for the part, which is so important. Just imagine a 5 ft 2 inches, cleav shaven, soft-looking guy playing Angad's role??? That way, he has it good, just looking at him, you can feel that he is Angad. And in the very few scene that he has been shown till now, he is pretty impressive, not just for his incredible screen presence, but also for that amazing voice he has. And he is very natural in his acting. I still think that the drunken, outhouse scene was the best, and will remain so in the coming episodes too. His dialouge delivery is very nice, and he has just the right, bored to death, been there, done that expressions! A lot of people might construe this for lack of good acting skills, but I think understatement is in itself one of the hallmarks of good acting! (Check-out DK in Tumhari Disha, he is also one of the rare method actors, who does not resort to gimmicks)

Prithvi has a good screen presence, and there is no basis of comparing him with Angad, because the two characters are on two different platforms and if Iqbal excels as Angad, I think Amit looks like the perfect Prithvi.

The rest of the characters are pretty good, I think Naina acts quite well, looks & acts like the perfect bitchy woman that she is!

Still early to post more comments, would love to hear your suggesstions and comments!

Cheers,

Chilly!

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 12:04am | IP Logged
so... has prithvi appeared already.... i missed that episode (13th)Cry
TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Bang-on Chillyflakes! You are sooooo right about Iqbal n Neha.As far as the lead pair is concerned, KYPH is a case of perfect casting. Prithvi is cool but his chemistry with Kripa is not even a patch on Angad-Kripa's chemistry.
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:23pm | IP Logged

Angad gave acting a life through his expressions...he does not have as much scenes like krips in the serial till now but still he managed to convey the look of his character...

Amit tondon as prithvi is just the perfect choice for the role...If angad and kripa has the chemistry...then prithvi is not behind coz he would make a sweet couple with kripa...a sweeet n cute relationship u know.....Smile

Edited by IMP TNG - 14 April 2005 at 8:27pm
saarahkhann IF-Dazzler
saarahkhann
saarahkhann

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IMP TNG

Angad gave acting a life through his expressions...he does not have as much scenes like krips in the serial till now but still he managed to convey the look of his character...

Amit tondon as prithvi is just the perfect choice for the role...If angad and kripa has the chemistry...then prithvi is not behind coz he would make a sweet couple with kripa...a sweeet n cute relationship u know.....Smile

i agree

kbs756 Senior Member
kbs756
kbs756

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 5:18pm | IP Logged

CAN PRITHVI EVEN ACT OR DOES JUST LOOK GOOD

GO ANGAD AND KRIPA PAIR

sugar plum Goldie
sugar plum
sugar plum

Posted: 17 April 2005 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
neha fits well into the role of kripa because she is a good actress... she is pretty gifted with the portrayal of emotions... but sumtimes... just here and there... i feel that there has got to be sum dubbing involved... even at this stage... that apart everything is great about neha... she is what you and i will picture henceforth when anyone talks about a homely, sweet, moralistic, beautiful yet modern girl!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top