Saath Rahega Always couldn’t garner TRPs

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Five-month-old show goes off air

Sachin Verma

Saath Rahega Always couldn't garner TRPs despite a five-year leap

Reena Thapar Kapoor

It usually takes most shows a lengthy run before jumping the time-line. That's when old characters leap into the future with signs of aging, and new characters make a welcome entry. But Sahara One's Saath Rahega Always couldn't wait long; in a desperate bid to hike its flagging TRPs – the 5-month-old show recently took a 5-year leap.

It was a wasted effort, though. The fresh star cast hardly settled into their roles when they were informed that the show was going to be taken off air. Apparently an official circular was sent around stating that the services of the entire cast were being terminated. The decision came as a shock to all. In fact, the production house Behind The Scene was also unaware about Sahara One's overnight decision to axe the show.

An insider stated, "It's sad that the show has received such shoddy treatment. Saath... was a decent show and we wish the channel had dealt with the situation professionally." It is rumoured that the show had earlier failed to garner stable TRPs but had started picking up after the time leap.

The production house is said to have invested a huge amount of money in designing the new look and location for the show after the leap.

"It's a pity and I'm very hurt," is all producer Hemant Shah could say. Following the leap, the show hadn't even completed 25 episodes. When contacted, COO Sahara One, Purnendu Bose said, "I admit that the revamped version of Saath... did slightly better than the older version. However now our priority is to get high TRPs and mediocrity will not work." The channel heads claim that Saath... failed to live up to their expectations. The show was launched on November 28 last year.

However, word has it that the channel intends to revive its old hit game show Dial One that was earlier hosted by Mandira Bedi and Shekhar Suman.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=296484395

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moviemania thumbnail
APPARENTLY VIEWERS FEELINGS DO NOT MATTER TO THE SAHARA ONE PEOPLE. HOW I HATE THEM
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
ur ryt! stupid sahara....the reason why SRA didnt get much TRPs is because of neglecting the show..Sahara people are only giving more importance to WRWMK, HKKC & KITUU...and not the others....and now they're ending it coz' they dont have good trp's...well...what more can you expect from sahara....i feel so bad for the new comers...and especially for the old one's...they've been there for so long and did a wonderful job...and what did they get?...it must be really shocking for them...