Rekkha thrown out of Kyunki

-Amisha- Goldie
-Amisha-
-Amisha-

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Rekkha thrown out of Kyunki
   By: Tushar Joshi
   April 13, 2005

MAIN CHUP RAHUNGI: Despite several attempts to contact her, Smriti Irani remained unavailable for comment
After scripting the dialogues for four years on one of television's biggest soaps, Rekkha Modi has been sacked from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (Star Plus).

"She has been replaced by another dialogue writer, Anamika," confirms Shivangi, creative head for the show.

Modi, however, says it's her personal decision to stay out of Kyunki. "I don't want to be a part of anything which is associated with Smriti Irani."

Sources close to Balaji say, "Modi will never come back on Kyunki. She has sealed her own fate by her actions." A visibly hurt Modi lashes out.

I am focussing on clearing my name. I am planning to file an FIR against Smriti for breaking the law and getting me arrested
Rekkha Modi
The Smriti I knew… 

I have been one of Smriti's closest friends to date. I had no problems with her till March 23, when she gave up on our friendship and backstabbed me. I always knew she was a good actress, which is why I gave her dialogues that suited her character.
Both of us bonded really well. In fact, a day before she turned the tables on me, I called her to wish her happy birthday.

Looking back, I realise every action of hers had a hidden motive. I was no competition for her politically or professionally, then why did she do this to me?

What made Smriti insecure?

Smriti has had a problem with every new actor that came on the show. She has had insecurities about everyone from Nandini (Gauri Pradhan), Tanya (Rakshanda Khan) to Mohini (Tasneem Sheikh).

At one point, she refused to come on the sets for four days because she had a scene with Gauri. She said she couldn't play the role of a mother-in-law to someone who is the same age as her.

When Rakshanda's role was extended, she kept arguing with the creative heads about their decision. Smriti was upset over Mohini's entry as well.

When there was talk in the industry about Amar Upadhyay (the former Mihir) coming back, she called me and expressed her anxiety. Mihir's character was always more popular than her in the early days.

Once, Smriti even confessed to me that she was bored playing Tulsi and was on the look out for newer roles.

She asked me to check with the Jassi producers if they wanted her to do a cameo role in the show, since they had lot of guests entering on the show. But nobody wanted her as a lead.

They all were offering her character roles of mother and sister, which she wasn't interested in. I even spoke to Aruna Irani and many leading producers to try and secure her a role, but everyone said the same.

She realised she was playing a role much too old for her age.

Smriti isn't really a nice person…

In real life, Smriti is completely the opposite of her screen role that everyone adores her for.

She is self-centered and will do anything to have her way. She has no friends in the industry, and those who talk to her, do so more out of fear than love.

Every actor on the sets talks about her behind her back, about how much of a liability she has become for them and the serial. There are so many instances where she has tormented poor spot boys and unit members.

This one time, she had a spot boy removed from the unit because he refused to offer her tea. She would ask the writers to make changes in the script according to her whims.

When Ekta found out, she asked me to pass on the message to Smriti that no one was allowed to mess around with the script. It was getting to be too much for everyone.

Smriti's weight problems

Everyone has been talking about how fat she looks these days. She has tried hard to reduce, but is unable to. Her excuse for not doing anything about her weight is that the character she is playing needs to look obese — which is completely ridiculous.

My relationship with Ekta...

She has always been a great support. Apart from boosting my morale, she has always appreciated my work and praised it. I guess she has her own reasons for not commenting on the whole issue. I wouldn't like to drag her into this mess. Because for Ekta Kapoor, Tulsi is more of a need than a friend.

My future plans...

Right now, I am focussing on clearing my name. I am planning to file an FIR against Smriti very soon for breaking the law and getting me arrested. I have been getting lots of offers from various channels, and there is no shortage of work for people who are good at what they do.

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com 

The problem between Smriti and Rekkha

Rekkha Modi had been writing dialogues for Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi ever since the soap took a 20-year leap. "I first met Smriti four years ago. We were on friendly terms.

She would often suggest changes in her dialogues and tracks," she recounts.

Modi last met Irani on the actress's birthday, on March 23. "I have nothing against Smriti. A few months ago, she gave me a dressing down over her lines. I told her to request Ekta Kapoor to make the necessary changes."

According to the police, Modi wanted to settle scores with the executive producer of Kyunki…, Shadab Khan, and associate creative head Razia Rizvi. Shadab had once scolded Modi in front of the entire crew for refusing work given to her by Rizvi.

Co-accused Rashmikant Kapadia worked as a judge in one episode, but was replaced the next day. Modi told him that he was removed because of Irani.

Thereafter, she convinced Kapadia to make the calls.

She also told him to speak like a Muslim while making the calls, so that she would suspect Shadab and Rizvi.

So, Kapadia would begin and end his voice messages to Irani with a pronounced "salaam aaleikum".

Some of the threatening calls Irani received...

March 15 (From a PCO near Andheri station)
"Aapka shooting paanch baje hai. Pehla scene Ganga (a character in the serial) ke saath hai. Again you are talking to her. He does not like it. This is an order."

March 17 (From a PCO at Goregaon)
"Bahut naatak kiya. Tere bachche bhi jaate hain na school mein. Dekhta hoon. Itna bola toh bhi police complaint karti hai!"

March 18 (From a PCO at Dongri)
"Bahut ho gaya, bahut ho gaya. Abhi chhaan-bin bandh karo."

princessriya Senior Member
princessriya
princessriya

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 3:15pm | IP Logged

WOW!!! I can't believe Rekha Modi did it.

~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
OMG!!! REKHA MODHI IS SUCH A LOZER I CANT BELEIVE SHES SAYING ALL THIS MEAN STUFF ABOUT TULSI........TRYING TO MAKE HER LOOK BAD!!!! I CAN NEVER IMAGINE TULSI THE WAY SHE EXPLAINED IT!!!!AngryAngryAngry
Madiha_07 IF-Dazzler
Madiha_07
Madiha_07

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
omg thanks for sharingThumbs Up....  she looks mental 2 meWacko LOL

Edited by dj_madzz - 14 April 2005 at 12:27pm
charu_81 Goldie
charu_81
charu_81

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

Even I feel Rekha Modi is lying to spoil tulsi's name.

My friends told that somewhere they read that rekha modi purposely spoilt tulsi's character in her script,spoilt in the sense earlier tulsi's character was so strong everybody trusted her, she could influence people...but now tulsi's character has become more like weak,crying most of the times,miserable....BCOZ REKHA MODI HAD GRUDGES AGAINST TULSI.....and wanted to spoil tulsi's image....and also after april 24 th the episodes aired are written by new writer...

I don't know whether this info is right....but iam feeling it might be true...

*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Thnks for the artical, for some reason i cant believe tht all this right whatever rekha modi is saying, smriti seems to be a nice person as far as i know whenever i saw her in parties and awards etc she always has been a nice person how can she say such stuff i am a bit confusedConfused!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top