Members Lounge

"I dont care if i look lyk Ash"

*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Start

< Next >  

So what if Aishwarya Rai has refused to work with Salman Khan? All he needs to do is introduce a newcomer who looks just like her!

But there's more to Sneha Ullal than being an Ash-lookalike.

The 18 year old, who will make her debut in Lucky: No Time For Love, comes across as honest -- she admits she can't dance and says she hung up on Salman when he called to offer her the role. She thought it was a prank!

Sneha's father, orginally from Mangalore, works in Muscat. She stays with her mother. "But my father has come down for my film's release," Sneha says. She has an elder sister, who's married.

And Sneha doesn't care if she looks like Aishwarya Rai, she tells Patcy N .

< Back > < Next >  

Arpita (Salman's youngest sister) saw me in my college (Mithibai Motiram Kundnani College Of Commerce & Economics in Bandra, a Mumbai suburb) and told Salman about me. They were looking for an actress for Lucky. I didn't know Arpita before I got the film.

She got my name and number from the college. Salman gave me a call and asked me whether I was interested in doing a film.

When I got the call, I thought it was prank so I disconnected it. Then he made the directors (Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru) call. They spoke to my mother and convinced her.

I went to his (Salman's) house and gave an informal audition. They had auditioned 1,300 girls from all over India before they met me.

They wanted a very innocent looking girl with a baby face. Apparently, I suited the role, so I got it.

I was a first year BCom student. But now, I will complete my education through correspondence.

< Back > < Next >  

I didn't get this role because of my resemblance to Aishwarya Rai. They took me because they didn't think any other actress would have played the role better.

People tell me I look like Aishwarya. I don't think Salman felt I looked like Aishwarya. He always treated me as a close friend.

I don't care if I look like Ashiwarya. I would like it if people stopped caring too. People should know me as Sneha Ullal, not an Ash lookalike.

Yes, Aishwarya is very beautiful and to be compared to her is a compliment. But I want to establish myself first. I am just beginning; she is a very senior actress.

I have never met Aishwarya but I would like to.

I have been compared to her since she won the Miss World crown in 1994. I was eight years old then. I was too small to understand anything. I would say that I look better than Aishwarya!

< Back > < Next >  

Lucky is a love story between Aditya (Salman) and a girl called Lucky. As I am going for my school exams, I meet Salman through an accident. Before we reach home, riots break out. So we don't reach home, and I keep asking him when he will take me home. Soon, I fall in love with him and tell him that.

My character is very reserved and innocent. She wants to come first in school and doesn't think of love.

I was never interested in acting but I signed the film for experience. I wanted to learn how movies were made.

Salman had a lot of faith in me and felt that I would rock in theatres! Now, films have become my career. He never made me feel that he is Salman Khan.

< Back > < Next >  

I have learned so many things from Salman -- how he acts, how he says his dialogues... But I don't copy anyone in this movie.

We shared a comfort level ever since our first meeting. We were hitting and pushing each other all the time. If I made a mistake, he would laugh on my face. He even insults me on my face!

He advises me professionally -- how to talk with people, how to meet the media… He doesn't want me to give a wrong impression of myself. He told me to be honest no matter how high or low you go in life.

He used to help me in acting and would explain the scene to me. He helped me in my dialogues, how to pronounce words and conduct myself. But yes, I don't think anyone can teach you acting.

I don't watch too many Hindi films. I watch English movies. But whenever I saw a Hindi film, it had to be a Khan film -- either Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir or Saif.

I don't know the importance of being an actress or the importance of Bollywood. But I am very excited because it is such a big banner film!

I have been getting offers for advertisements and films ever since I was a baby!

< Back > < Next >  

In my first scene, I had to lie unconscious, so it did not require much for me to do. I got a lot of support and comfort from everyone and never felt nervous.

My toughest scene was the climax because I am such a quiet girl. I never raise my voice. And in the climax, I was required to yell and cry. That was difficult.

Once, I injured myself. I fell and my entire body weight came on one leg and my ligament tore. I got a hairline fracture.

Since I'm a very energetic person, and I wanted to do all my scenes on my own, it made my wound worse. I was advised three weeks rest, but I rested only for 45 minutes! I took some painkillers and started my work.

In that pain, I did another stunt scene and broke my arm! I got a big bruise. I scared everyone that day.

My favourite songs in the film are Lucky lips and Sun zara.

I'm not good at comedy. But I will to try it. And I can't dance though I did for Lucky.

< Back > < Next >  

My directors are very hardworking and good at their work. I never asked them why I had to do something. I just did what they told me. There is so much understanding between the two (directors).

We shot at minus 20 degrees in Russia. But I will never do it in my life again. And we worked 18 hours a day!

I was not worried that they are newcomer directors, as I'm a newcomer myself.

Mithundada (Chakraborty) also supported me. He was there for 10 days. Even after the shoot, we would sit at a restaurant and chat. He always told me that I would be a superstar.

I am not the type to do anything for a film. I will not wear revealing clothes or kiss or do intimate scenes. If the film demands an intimate scene, I won't do it no matter how much money I am offered.

< Back > < Start >  

I consult Salman and Sohail for my new projects because they treat me like family.

In fact, after Lucky, I am doing my second film with Sohail Khan. It will be directed by Abhisekh Gattu and is called Aryan. I play Sohail's girlfriend.

Sohail's character is interested in boxing, and I always inspire and cheer him. I was offered this film in the first schedule of Lucky.

I am comfortable acting with both Salman and Sohail. The difference between the brothers is that Sohail treats me like a baby and Salman treats me like a professional.

If I hurt myself, Salman would tell me to get up and continue working but Sohail would fuss over me.

I have rejected a lot of offers before and after Lucky. I don't think Salman will say no to certain people. He's a nice person and doesn't have problems with any one.

Hope u lyked this topicSmile Do give ur comments

*Shona* IF-Rockerz
*Shona*
*Shona*

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:12am | IP Logged

Thanx for the article Megha!

I know a lotta people think she looks like aishwarya...but i dont...i just cant see the resemblence...hmmm...maybe i need new glasses!Cry

Edited by jelly_1984 - 13 April 2005 at 9:13am
*Meg_d* Goldie
*Meg_d*
*Meg_d*

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:17am | IP Logged
For some reason i dont like her attidude of saying things, throughout the interview she kept sayin i dont lyk actin more 3times, i dont know but i find her a bit rude and she moans as well in the interview alot Confused She has to be polite when shes talking about someone!

Edited by Megha_Desai - 13 April 2005 at 9:17am
punjabiprincess Senior Member
punjabiprincess
punjabiprincess

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing the article.Smile
_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 9:25am | IP Logged

Thanks For sharing the article Megha!

:-)

queenbee4eva Senior Member
queenbee4eva
queenbee4eva

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Megha_Desai

For some reason i dont like her attidude of saying things,
throughout
the interview she kept sayin i dont lyk actin more 3times, i dont
know
but i find her a bit rude and she moans as well in the interview
alot Confused She has to be polite when shes talking about someone!

i wouldnt blame sneha for her tone u know ash's attitude aint
that nice i dont like her bcz she left sallu(my daddy says since i
have never nothing nice to say i shouldnt say anything at all but
u know what ash is an iddotic freak)
..and sneha is still young and shes 40...she might have a bad
attitude but i dont know her well enough to judge... LOL srry
for being right in ur face megha
Embarrassed
sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:27pm | IP Logged