T.V actors react to Chavvi’s coy story - Page 4

Posted: 17 years ago
Satyajit Ray had actresses of the calibre of Sharmila Tagore,Madhabi Mukherjee,Aparna Sen....actresses who were capable of conveying so much just through one glance.

Mrs Chavi Hussein is no patch on them...if she had such great acting capabilities ...her acting would not have been so lack-lustre
Satyajit Ray made films which lasted for 2and half hors...Td is a drama which runs for 4 days everyweek ...How long will a relationship bet hubby and wife look normal if wife insists on always standing at a distance from her hubby?

I agree an actress has the right to set her limits but then she should chose a role which will always allow her to stay within her limits...If she thinks no man other than her hubby should touch her...then she should have quit TD , the day she decided to get married...she knew very well even at that time that TD is a love story.

Originally posted by mona05

Satyajit Ray had actresses of the calibre of Sharmila Tagore,Madhabi Mukherjee,Aparna Sen....actresses who were capable of conveying so much just through one glance.

Mrs Chavi Hussein is no patch on them...if she had such great acting capabilities ...her acting would not have been so lack-lustre
Satyajit Ray made films which lasted for 2and half hors...Td is a drama which runs for 4 days everyweek ...How long will a relationship bet hubby and wife look normal if wife insists on always standing at a distance from her hubby?

I agree an actress has the right to set her limits but then she should chose a role which will always allow her to stay within her limits...If she thinks no man other than her hubby should touch her...then she should have quit TD , the day she decided to get married...she knew very well even at that time that TD is a love story.

you're right. but let's keep in mind that satyajit ray made sharmila tagore, madhabi and aparna sen into the high callibre actresses they are today. when they had acted in his films, for all of them, it was their debut when they were 16, 17 years old and did not even know the a,b,c's of acting. sharmila tagore had herself commented after gaining so much praise for her movie "Devi" that it was all the genius, Satyajit ray's doing. so the point i was trying to make is that it depends on the director. if mrs. chavvi hussein were to act in a Ray film, she would be 20 times better simply becaue of the director's intellegince and skill. but of course, Rupali Guha cannot be compared to Ray, and if she was, she would have not been sticking to television direction. you're right that it's hard to show chemistry without intimacy in a weekly drama, but it's not impossible. a married couple have many things to do other than being mushy musy and touchy all the time. we all know how much dk and disha love each other, we've been seeing them for ages, so now if they tone down on the touching, it won't imply that their love has reduced. i'm not disagreeing with you, but i'm just trying to show a different side and that an actress should not be condemned for not agreeing to do intimate scenes, regardless of whether it is just hand holding or kissing or bed scences.

comparing satyajit ray and rupali is like comapring oranges and apples 😃 and same goes with the sharmila and disha. 😃
Well like I have said before that everyone has a right for their own opinions, but I dont think people on here are annoyed with Chavi not comfortable with intimate scenes, the main Problem is Chavis attitude towards her work recently that is annoying people, she seems to have a problem with everything and everyone on TD which is affecting people who work with her especially AN who has stated that its ruining his character as DK.