walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Previous Post

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Next Post

After the court case Megha and her father are on their way, back to Indore, and Mohan too has been frustrated as his lead has backtracked, and his investigation of Deenanath, is left without a proof.    Megha though seated on her seat, her mind is still in Bhopal, digesting all the disagreeable statements pronounced by those who could not understand her predicament.   She too is coming back empty handed, not sure which way the verdict will go.    Whether money power will prevail, or Truth, which has no value in the face of hard cash.

Nanhi and Tanmay have reached the newspaper office to register an advertisement for the sale of the bike, and the wide eyed Nanhi is absorbing everything that is going on.   The man behind the counter assures Tannu, that his ad will have effect, and people who want to sell their thins or if they want to get married give their ads here and end up happier.    The last sentence strikes Nanni as a gold mine, and her mind goes on a tangent thinking how she could help her mother.

The child is back and has been lonely all day long figuring out how to give an ad in the newspaper.   She is sitting on the steps, and seeing that she has had no food, her mother comes to her with a plate of food and talks to her  and coaxes her to eat.    She too asks the mother if she had her meals, and seeing her sad, she starts feeding her and then allows her mother to feed her.    Megha is blessed to have such an understanding child who is hardly eight years old.   She asks if the people in Bhopal accepted that her father was truthful, and she told her that at the moment nothing was settled, but soon all things will be clear.   She wants to know, whether she will have to go to Bhopal again, and the mother nods hr assent, with a smile.     After she has eaten, she hugs her mother and lies comfortably in her arms, and says if only her father came back, and she tells her that this wish may not come true.

In the night, Nanhi is unable to sleep, and her mind rings with the words of the T.V.serial about the widow and hopes that her mother too will find someone to apply sindhur to her forehead.   She recalls how the people of the vicinity treat her mother and her mind is getting more and more focused, on how to relieve the pain of her mother.   A smile dawns on her face, as she recalls the newspaper contact tells Tannu about his ads, and she has an idea, which she has to try the next day, and she goes to sleep.   Before that, she gets up, puts her spectacles on, and takes her note book and drafts an advertisement text for her mother, and feels satisfied and closes her book.

Renu, the wife of the brother of Amar Vyas, the husband of Megha,  gets the news that a new comer has taken up residence next to theirs and decides to get the information.   She wants to make a good impression, so she wears her dark glasses, to appear glamorous and barges into the house of Mohan.

In Mohan's house, he is waiting for his friend Guru, who has gone somewhere.   Just then he hears his door bell ring.   Thinking that it is Guru, he goes to open the door, and continues his conversation on the phone, and tells Guru to prepare the coffee, and continues talking, but then he hears a woman's voice and looks back surprised, a glamorous woman with dark spectacles is standing in his house.   Who is she ?    But she starts jabbering and introduces herself, and wants to know where his wife is as she has come to welcome them in their mohalla.   When Renu insists on seeing his wife, he tells her that she has been sold.   He explains to her that the tempo people brought the furniture, but he did not have enough money to pay them, so he sold his wife in exchange.   She continues advising him of ways he could have got out of the tricky situation, and Mohan keeps the joke on the trusting woman, and asks her if she knows of any woman who could keep him company till such time, he could get his wife back.   She wonders what sort of man this could be, and wants to get out of the place as fast as possible.    Renu runs away with her laddoos, and on the way dashes against Guru who has come back with bags of provisions.   He sees the woman running down the stairs.

Renu reports to her friend Chanchal, and says that the man is dangerous.     In the house, Megha is on the line with Prerna her friend, whom she tells about the things that happened in Bhopal, and gets encouragement from her friend, which lights up the life in Megha.   Again Prerna offers the job in her husband's publishing house, and she thanks her promising her  to remember her offer.

On the way to school, Nanhi goes to the newspaper office and wishes the man good morning, and  gives him the paper on which she has written all the details for the advertisement.   She had heard word for word, what he had told her cousin Tanmay.   She has a  very gifted with memory, which like a blotting paper registers everything she hears, even the television dialogs.    She takes carefully from her small purse two handed and fifty  rupees and places them on his table, as he is watching her with great interest, resting his two fists under his chin. Intrigued by the little girl, he asks her what the advertisement is for.   She says, "For my mummy's wedding"   the jaw of the man drops.    Again he asks, "Tell me once again, what for is it?"    and she replies, "Yes sir, it is for my mother's marriage."

He reads the ad.   The name: Megha Vyas.  Children  two. Navika Vyas, 8 years,  Adithya  6 years old.  Complexion: Fair.  Age 28 years.  

The man is tantalized, and asks the little girl with surprise written all over his face, "You want to give this ad ?"  and she nods her little head affirmatively.  

The man shakes his head, and says, "No, we can not publish this ad."

She asks, "Why ?"

He says, "You are a small girl."

Navika asks, "What?  small children can not give ads?"

He tells her, "No this ad can never be printed.  If you want to publish this ad, bring your Mummy, or come with an adult person."

Nanhi ponders a while and opens her mouth to say, "Uncle, you do not understand.   I want to give my Mummy a surprise."

Her uncle replies, "Child listen to me.   This is not the right way to give a surprise" and he waits to see if the child has understood.

Our clever Nanhi has one more idea, and  she digs into her purse and takes some more coins from the purse, and tells him, "Uncle, I have some more money" and puts them on his table.

The man has no option but to send her away, and he puts her ad and money in her purse and sends her home.   Nanhi is dejected at her failed enterprise, but will not give up easily, just like her mother, as Prerana said.

At Mohan's place he has a visitor from Deenanath, trying to bribe him into silence.  There is an altercation, and as the man tries to humor Mohan, he puts his fist in his mouth, and tells him to wear diaper in the night and sleep, as tomorrow he will find a list of all his crimes with his photo in the newspaper.   He gets a call from Guru, and walks out of the room to attend to it, and hears a child crying and looks at the person, and sees Nanhi.   He tries to find out what bothers her, and finds out what is on her mind.

Mohan at first tries to restrain himself from interfering in the child's affair, and finally asks her what troubles her and she tells him her newspaper experience.

She is in Mohan's room, and starts the T.V dialog of the widow and wins over Mohan.    She tells in detail why her mother should get married, as this will solve their financial problems, that she will get new school dress and shoes and her brother Aditya get is cricket bat.   Mohan listens to her, as he eats is sandwich.   She empties the whole can of worms and he listens to her in amazement, and forced to help.    She takes back her sandwich which has become a small piece, and he runs after her to go with her to the newspaper office.

In the office, Mohan tries to convince he newspaper contact, and finally comes to know he requires some one from the family, so he tells him, that he, Mohan will be the Daddy.    Nanni looks at him in surprise.   Mohan tells Nanhi that in the next day's paper her ad will come and all the problems of her Mummy and herself will be over.  Nanhi stretches her hand to give a hi5 to Mohan and he too proffers his hand and both smile a conspiratorial smile.

Soon Megha discovers who Nanhi's friend is and he too knows who Nanhi is and wants to run away with a cover on his head, and Megha tries to stop him, to find out more about Nanhi's friend.

Edited by walquest2000 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misty85 thumbnail
Thanx for the updates. but please write that it's a written update of the show. I was confused after seeing your title of the post...
Any way the show is getting interesting.
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The titlte was confusing but thanks a lot for te whole update of epi till now!!
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
These are written updates..? I thought we had people still signing up to do those for us.. ðŸ¤”
walquest2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Written Updates

I
I have noticed that there have been others doing the written updates, but I felt there were some who might need a clearer description of the episode, especially, if they have not seen the serial.    The language used in the written updates is more  a short hand than a long hand, and it is more modern, springing from the mobile generation.

Perhaps, there are more people using this form, and so my place in the forum may be superfluous.   I will therefore, hold back for some time, and see how the forum continues..   As it is I can not commit myself for a regular job, due to personal reasons.  

The serial is one of the better ones that has appeared on Colors, and hope it will get a decent rating from its viewers, and Chaska Meter will show some life.